Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silento
Feb 16, 2012

:shittypop:AS OF 10/11, WE HAVE RANK 8 AND THE FIRST FEW PATCHES AFTER IT. WE'LL PROBABLY BE EVEN MORE CAUGHT UP IN THE COMING WEEKS, BUT WE'RE PROBABLY AROUND A MONTH BEHIND AT TIME OF WRITING:shittypop:

:shopkeeper:Wizard tree R8 preview:shopkeeper:
:histdowns:Swordsman tree R8 preview:histdowns:
:synpa:Archer tree R8 Preview:synpa:
:catholic:Cleric tree R8 preview:catholic:

SAVE YOUR TALT WE NEED IT TO UPGRADE GUILD

:siren:SERVER IS KLAIPEDA:siren:

:siren:Goon Discord:siren:

~CALLING ALL HAMSTER RIDERS~

:frogsiren: Major changes since launch (as of the initial Rank 8 patch) :frogsiren:

• Rank 8 is out! Level cap is 330 now!

• Almost all items are tradeable, INCLUDING TP COSTUMES, ENCHANT SCROLLS, MONSTER GEMS, BOSS CARDS, AND SAALUS RECIPES! Additionally, trading equipment with potential no longer reduces its potential. You still can't trade items with 0 potential remaining, however.

• The dozens of EXP boost tomes you have lying around are no longer useless! They can now be combined with recipes (100 silver each from tool merchants in Klai and Orsha) to create 4x and 8x EXP tomes. They don't give 4x and 8x exp, but they don't tick down in town or while in dungeon queues! 4x give a 150% boost and 8x give a 300% boost for one hour. Also, in an upcoming patch experience multipliers will work on total EXP rather than pre-field boost exp! This means that when you use an 8x EXP tome in a grinding map, you will actually get the full effect of 300% additional experience!

• The damage and penalties you get for fighting monsters that are out of your level range have been severely reduced!

• Tokens now cost 99 TP each, half of what they cost on launch. When the change was made, all players with active non-event tokens or who had non-event tokens in their inventory were granted 99 TP per token. You might be rich!

• Token users now have access to a team warehouse (Starts with 1 slot, can unlock up to 11 more through collections + even more for silver) in which placing items does not cause them to lose potential. They can also store silver in this warehouse to move it around their team's characters.

• Token users no longer have the ability to train two different attributes at once. Instead, they can now learn timed attributes instantly.

• The Strength stat now additionally gives 1 block pen per point.

• All Swordsmen now receive 1.3 min and max physical attack per point in Strength.

• Swordsmen classes have been buffed across the board. Many skills now enjoy more range, more damage, shorter cooldowns, and additional effects on hit.

• In fact, many classes from all job branches have been buffed! Check the patch notes for a full list (https://treeofsavior.com/news/?n=551)

• Team Battle League (PvP arena) and GVG battles (also in an arena) are now available in iTOS! Team Battle League is solo queue 5v5 or 2v2 deathmatches that awards points you can use in a store. Guild vs Guild is 15v15 with premade teams and ends after 15 minutes or when one guild destroys the other guild's tower. It awards TP boxes to the top ranked guilds!

• iTOS has events! Finally! The first event actually started on 7/19 and it rewards players with TP and other items. More are to come starting on 7/26!

• IMC has started to post previews of R8 classes. Should be out within a month or so!

• There are tons of new quests in high level zones that should help reduce the end-game grind.

• Quests no longer reward players with boss cards. Cards must instead be found from the cubes dropped when you kill field, dungeon, or mission bosses, or as drops from the bosses themselves. Cards received from quests before the update will still remain in your inventory. Additionally, cards can now be equipped to your character and grant special effects or buffs. You can equip 1 card to your character per class rank you have achieved.

What is Tree of Savior?
Tree of Savior is a new MMO being developed by IMC Games. It's development team is partially made up of veterans from the team that developed Ragnarok Online, and much of the OST is made by people with similar credentials. The music is really amazing, as you'd probably expect if you played RO! ToS distinguishes itself with its huge multitude of classes and its amazing aesthetics (including the aforementioned music, of course).

ToS uses 3D models for its characters and monsters, but they are styled to look like the 2D sprites of old. It's a stylish paradigm, and it makes the game look great. Each class (and there are many!) gets its own unique costume, and, of course, there are hats. Here are some examples!

DID YOU SAY HATS?

Class System
As of this post's writing, ToS has a roster of 55 classes, with more on the way. Classes in ToS work very differently from classes in your typical RPG; instead of picking one class and sticking with it, maybe with a choice of branch or two later on, ToS has 4 base classes (Swordsman, Wizard, Archer, and Cleric) with (at the time of writing) 7 ranks each. Your character has a character level, which determines what kind of gear you can wear and how many stat points you have, and a class level, which determines how many skill points you have and when you can advance to the next rank. You get to pick a new class, or stick with your old one, every 15 class levels.

Upon reaching class level 15, you get a choice to advance to any class at that rank or below. You can even take a class you already have! You can only take the same class up to 3 times, though. However, there are a few hidden classes (and more coming), and so far those only have 1 circle each (you can only take that class one time). In addition, hidden classes won't show up on the class advancement menu you typically choose a class from; unlike normal classes, you have to do a hidden quest to unlock the job master for hidden classes and to accept a quest to advance into them.

An example of a character's class progression might look like this: At rank 1 Pickle chose to be a Swordsman. At rank 2 he chose to take Highlander. At rank 3 he chose to take Highlander again, making him a Circle 2 Highlander. At rank 4 he chose Highlander for the third time, and so he became a circle 3 Highlander. At rank 5 he was disappointed to find he couldn't take Highlander again, so he instead took Barbarian, and at Rank 6 he took Doppelsoeldner. At his final rank, rank 7, he took Shinobi, because he, like all weebs, dreamt of being a ninja. Pickle's final class overview would be Swordsman Circle 1, Highlander C3, Barbarian C1, Doppelsoeldner C1, Shinobi C1. Do note that taking a class at a higher rank than it was introduced does not confer any additional benefits to that class, it is exactly the same as taking it at the earliest rank possible. Be aware that the damage of a lower ranked class' skills is most likely lower than that of a higher ranked class'!

Here is a skill builder to help those of you who are still confused: https://tos.neet.tv/skill-planner
Here's a second one with a less compact UI that might be easier to understand: http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/ (Both might be slightly out-of-date, the second more so than the first.) :thumbsup:

:eng101:"What do stats do?" Section:eng101:

STR:
  • +1 Minimum and Maximum Physical Attack/point (1.3 for Swordsmen classes)
  • +1 Critical Attack/point
  • +5 Weight Limit/point
  • +1 Block Penetration/point

CON:
  • +85 Max HP/point
  • +1 HP Recovery/point
  • +1 Critical Resistance/point
  • +5 Weight Limit/point
  • +1 Shield Block/point

INT:
  • +1 Minimum and Maximum Magic Attack

SPR:
  • +13 Max SP/point
  • +1 SP Recovery/point
  • +1 Block Penetration/point
  • +0.2 Magic Defense/point

DEX:
  • +1 Accuracy/point
  • +1 Critical Rate/point
  • +1 Evasion/point

Helpful Tips

• BUY ATTRIBUTES! Attributes are passives that enhance or add new effects to your skills. The ones that change the functions of your skills can be toggled on/off, so don't worry about buying something and then not wanting it later!

• Blue flashy monsters give loads of exp! To compare, normal mobs of that level give less than 100 each. They are very rare in the current version, but if you see one, kill it ASAP!

• White/Silver flashy mobs drops loads of silver and items! Gold ones even more so!

• Do not be confused if a flashy mob did not drop extra items or give extra exp, it was probably debuffed by another player and merely looked the same as a jackpot mob. Disappointing, I know.

• All equipment has a potential stat! This stat determines how many times you can modify or trade that item. An equip loses 1 potential when it's traded, so be mindful and don't use it all up, or you'll find yourself unable to give your old equip to someone else.

• Enhancing only costs silver, and is guaranteed to work on weapons until +5 and armor until +3. Don't worry too much about going past that, though, as items gain a fixed amount of stats per enhance based on their rank. Be aware that if you enhance past the safe limit and fail, your item will have its enhance count reduced by 1 and will lose 1 potential, but if you fail while the item has 0 potential it will explode! Also enhancing weapons past +5 will give twice the attack bonus per enhance it did for each enhance from +1 to +5.

• You can upgrade the gems you find in dungeons or from bosses by feeding them equipment, other gems, or material items. Access the gem upgrade menu by sitting down by pressing "insert" and then pressing "d".

• Addons are great! Check the 2nd post below for a link to the community-made addon manager!

If you have anything to add, post it in the thread!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f01IAG9X6fg

Silento fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Addons are very helpful! They can reveal unexplored areas of your map, show you where to find quests, block chat spam, and more!
https://github.com/Excrulon/Tree-of-Savior-Addon-Manager/blob/master/README.md

Hat Enchant Values:

Silento fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 25, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hi

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

:eyepop: So fast!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
hello friends!

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Hmm. The thread title could use some work.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I am ready for my hat-filled future.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Didn't Orsha win the poll?

Nettle Soup fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 28, 2016

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Splintering already because dear leader enforced his server decision on all of us

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Splintering over racism against kpop

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Nettle Soup posted:

Didn't Orsha win the poll?

Polls are for lame-os, imo.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i will play on kailpedia with silento #klailadarity

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Silento posted:

:eyepop: So fast!

if the work internet wasn't so slow I would have gotten 2nd post

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo
The more people talk about classes in this game the less I understand them

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional

Pesterchum posted:

The more people talk about classes in this game the less I understand them

Word, just going to listen to Silento and hope for the best.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Still undecided..

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Eonwe posted:

if the work internet wasn't so slow I would have gotten 2nd post

Nice av, lol

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

i am hype to save all the trees

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

i am hype to save all the trees

That's savior of trees, a different game

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Orsha was kind of slamming the poles, but I guess goons all already have Klap to begin with.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

ready to grind animes

remember

Aspergillium
Butt Stroke
Rim Blow

skills of champions

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Can I sperg again about classes or do I need to research more into their historical and ahistorical backgrounds

Is 8p double space, MLA format, comic sans ok??

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Orsha was kind of slamming the poles, but I guess goons all already have Klap to begin with.

:wow:

Anny-Mouse
Mar 1, 2008

Not only are your breasts flat, but you're also boring.
So there's no real endgame dungeons or pvp stuff it's basically just vanilla RO?

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

I told myself I wouldn't throw money at this game, and would wait until it's free in April, but holy poo poo. I want to ride Hamsters.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So this is RO right? Good old mob-grinding hat-wearing weird-mechanic-using skill-optimizing music-laden train-killing RO?

IMPOSSIBLE, SUCH SPEED

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

voted thread 5 good OP mate. see you all on klaipeda at 2 AM.

Silhouette Wires
May 9, 2014

Never Knows Best
I want to be a dragon hampster rider

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Anny-Mouse posted:

So there's no real endgame dungeons or pvp stuff it's basically just vanilla RO?

There's guild vs guild but apparently it doesn't have rewards yet.

Dunno about raids.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is this a game where I can do everything on one character or am I basically locked into my class choices forever? That's one of the most endearing parts of FFXIV to me and it makes me sad that more games don't do that :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

Is this a game where I can do everything on one character or am I basically locked into my class choices forever? That's one of the most endearing parts of FFXIV to me and it makes me sad that more games don't do that :(

Skills and stats can be reset if you pay, class choices are permanent

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I am sad :(

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

There is also bonus exp you get that makes leveling your alts faster. I'm sure someone has the right numbers, but if you have a char at like level 135 you get 10% more exp gain on your alt. This caps out at 50%? I think.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

So I'm looking at the skill builder, how does it work if I start as a swordsman, branch into something that has a different weapon, then go back. Are the skills from the 2nd class now locked out? Or can you only have the 4 skills from your current class active?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Wait this games beta was not 22GB right? Why is it so massive

Wait, maybe I misread this or the installer lied

dirtyjoe
Jan 17, 2012

online and havin a great time ask me how i do it
goin down to anime town

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Wait this games beta was not 22GB right? Why is it so massive

Wait, maybe I misread this or the installer lied

If this is anything like RO, 75% of that size is high quality music files.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*
Why did Klaipeda win when Orsha has twice the votes?

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

In a vote between osha and getting the clap, the clap always wins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006

Demicol posted:

So I'm looking at the skill builder, how does it work if I start as a swordsman, branch into something that has a different weapon, then go back. Are the skills from the 2nd class now locked out? Or can you only have the 4 skills from your current class active?

you can use all the skills you put points in. if they are weapon restricted you gotta have that weapon equipped to use em

• Locked thread