Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

GreyPowerVan posted:

is this game good/should i get it

i hope it doesnt suck loving rear end and will wait a day or so before dropping ten United States Dollars on the chance to play early. join me in waiting, friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drium
Jun 24, 2015

Luceid posted:

i hope it doesnt suck loving rear end and will wait a day or so before dropping ten United States Dollars on the chance to play early. join me in waiting, friend
You should spend ten Nipponjin Dollars on it instead.

Raziel Eldwor
Mar 23, 2013
Anybody know how big the download size is? I've only got 5-6 gigs left.

Thanks, guess I'll wait for next month.

Raziel Eldwor fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Mar 29, 2016

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

GreyPowerVan posted:

is this game good/should i get it

I see you've officially given up on your toxx.

Ms. Chanandler Bong
Dec 20, 2008

Raziel Eldwor posted:

Anybody know how big the download size is? I've only got 5-6 gigs left.

8 gigs

Drium
Jun 24, 2015
Hello, Saviors.

We apologize for the delay and thank you all for your patience.

Our servers are going live at 6 a.m. EDT, approximately 30 minutes from now.

Thank you for your continued support. We hope to bring you a stable and satisfactory service.

See you soon.

Sincerely,
IMC Staff

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
It begins.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Looking at some videos it looks a bit like Secret of Mana and Diablo but more MMO and anime, is this a fair assessment?

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Martout posted:

Looking at some videos it looks a bit like Secret of Mana and Diablo but more MMO and anime, is this a fair assessment?

poo poo ton more grinding and a ton of classes, but mostly a fair comparison.

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009
Am I missing out on anything? I bet the server is lagging horribly and everything is broken. I bet you're all having a miserable time and can't even play at all. Why do I have to work...

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
That's probably worth ten bucks to have something to play until DS3, I'll hop on later :)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Don't worry. 99% of us can't get in, one server is failing, and lots have a blank server list.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I can connect to the osha server just fine :(

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

pertinent posted:

Am I missing out on anything? I bet the server is lagging horribly and everything is broken. I bet you're all having a miserable time and can't even play at all. Why do I have to work...

i took a break from writing poo poo to check twitch for you and of the 6 streams i clicked, 6 were getting "invalid session code" after selecting a class so you are only missing the usual MMO launch experience

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I can connect to the osha server just fine :(

Here comes the splintering

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

So is it Dex or Str for a good archer build? Like Ar2, Rngr 3, Falc 1, Musket 1?

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Here comes the splintering

oshi- orsha-

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

In as Cao family Nima. 76 max capacity channels starting out. There are over a hundred people in each channel. Its 6:40am.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

My xbox one controller worked in beta, now I can't click on anything if it's plugged in? What the heck

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Still can't even see a server list.

Already reinstalled and revalidated files.

Guess I'll go to sleep and check back later.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Red Red Blue posted:

My xbox one controller worked in beta, now I can't click on anything if it's plugged in? What the heck

My ps4 controller is working fine. It had to be on during the games start up though, using ds4windows

futile
May 18, 2009
Do I choose the female character that appears to be female or do I choose the male character that appears to be female

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

futile posted:

Do I choose the female character that appears to be female or do I choose the male character that appears to be female

Look ahead and check out what the costume for the class you want is depending on gender. There are some pretty wild differences.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Your lodge name is unique across both servers, so if you make weedlordgalactus on osha you can't make it on klap. lol

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

It's been so long since I actually played a game like this. All my memories left of Ragnarok Online is just botting it. But I guess I'll give it a shot it's just :10bux: after all.

pertinent
Apr 3, 2009

Luceid posted:

i took a break from writing poo poo to check twitch for you and of the 6 streams i clicked, 6 were getting "invalid session code" after selecting a class so you are only missing the usual MMO launch experience

Ah wonderful. Game developers never let me down. Well, they have 3 hours to fix it before I'm home, so there's that.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You can get into the servers just fine, the problem is the massive queue

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Martout posted:

That's probably worth ten bucks to have something to play until DS3, I'll hop on later :)

Martout and Silento what Should I play after work today (class wise) Help me friends.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
made it to like level 25 before I had to go to work

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

Eonwe posted:

made it to like level 25 before I had to go to work

lmao someone is really angry about your av

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012
Welp, I've done literally everything I can think of to get the server lists to show up.

Guess this game just doesn't want me to play it.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Is or will pvp be like the original/early RO where competency or coordination matter and the gear ceiling isn't too high?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Blazing Zero posted:

lmao someone is really angry about your av

yea, thats very true

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO posted:

Welp, I've done literally everything I can think of to get the server lists to show up.

Guess this game just doesn't want me to play it.

tried verifying game cache? it shouldn't affect it but couldn't hurt

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Eonwe posted:

tried verifying game cache? it shouldn't affect it but couldn't hurt

Yea, tried it a good 21 times or so. I even went in and deleted individual files I thought could simply not be being updated (serverlist, and a few config files that linked to the server lists. Etc.) before running the validation so it would redownload them.

I have reinstalled the game twice with a clean deletion of the game directory + steam cleaner.

I've disabled and renabled the DLC.

Any further suggestions appreciated.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Av or firewall

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Wookums posted:

Av or firewall

yeah, I can see this being a thing too

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Feb 11, 2012

Mr. Wookums posted:

Av or firewall

Uninstalled and reinstalled with firewall and av off. No dice.

Thanks though.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Change your dns. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 are Google's iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

yea, thats very true

Eonwe what should I play?

• Locked thread