Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Looking forward to running Ubuntu on Windows 10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

notZaar posted:

Just imagine how much money you saved over buying one of those hideously expensive universal remote garage door openers that clips to your keychain.

Roughly 35 United States dollars?

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Blue Train posted:

windows 10 is basically linux except worse, may as well just install the real thing and be done with it

please don't troll

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

notZaar posted:

Garage door openers don't cost $70.

Internet connected garage door openers are at least $85. $85 - $35 for pi - $10 for power adapter - a couple bucks for the relay and wires and poo poo equals $35, and I promise I'm not just trying to cover up the fact that I answered the wrong question.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Blue Train posted:

updates can possibly break the install, virtual desktops, have to use the command line to disable certain things

sounds like a linux to me

Hmmm... maybe it is a Linux.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

systems people actually use: windows

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Not Linux. GNU/Windows :colbert:.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

That is written in Holy C, you heretic.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

2016 is finally the year of Linux on the desktop- the windows desktop. :hellyeah:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

I'm taking a shot every time a Build presenter says, "that's impressive" about what they presented. If you have to say it's impressive, it's not, fucknuts.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

staberind posted:

they are not selling the sausage, they are selling the sizzle.

*throws sausage into lukewarm pan*
*makes sizzling sounds with mouth*

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The Biscuit posted:

Why would your grandma gaf what OS is on it?
At least you wont have to reinstall windows every weekend when its full of bloatware/malware.

put windows back on your grandmother's computer, rear end in a top hat. your nana loves you and doesn't want to have to be the one to tell you that your OS is a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

My gran has been using windows since 3.1 so if she bought a laptop with ubuntu on it I'm pretty sure she'd be like, 'what's this happy horse poo poo?"

• Locked thread