Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I've been thinking of upgrading to Windows 10 too, unless there's some big ol' reason I shouldn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

HEH.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kicking off April by puttin' Miitomo on my phone.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

has anyone said "social miidia" yet

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Okay well if anyone wants to be Miitomo buds my Twitter's @pwnmanexe

yes it's a dumb username shut up

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm gonna have money for the first time in a while this month and I can't decide between grabbing Dragon's Dogma and Art Academy Home Studio, or just Pokken. help

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

bloodychill posted:

Is it required that you spend money? If so, Dragon's Dogma unless you want to be on the ground floor of Pokken online multiplayer.

I would LIKE to spend money, if that's acceptable to you. :colbert:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ahundredbux posted:

hello games chat what are the best anime games?

obviously recettear is #1 what are the others

rhapsody: a musical adventure

gently caress the DS version

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

there was a ds version?

what's wrong with the ds version?

it lacks the english vocal track, which owned

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Also, this April, Super Adventure Box, a shameless retro-style platforming zone, is back in Guild Wars 2 until the 19th. I'm looking forward to playing it, and if any of you have been wanting to try GW2 I highly recommend you use this excuse to do so.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

idgi

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Cardboard Box A posted:

What day is it

I know, I was expecting them to be funny.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Somebody did teach him to paint, he went to art school, he just failed to impress anybody with his lovely dumb paintings.

And actually, I'd go back and prevent the assassination of the Archduke Ferdinand if I was given the option. That's a far more pivotal moment to shape and requires, at least theoretically, no bloodshed on my part. All I gotta do is sprinkle a laxative on the right sandwich at the right diner.

Archdook Ferdinand

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Dang, is it me or is this month's chat thread kinda slow?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

axleblaze posted:

DP has even worse gameplay but it at least has some things to make it worthwhile (though really there's no reason to actually play DP when SGF's LP exists)

There's always something to be said for experiencing a game yourself.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hello thread. I've just had breakfast at a local bar, complete with Irish coffee and I am going to be playing video games with my cousin before too long.

It is a good day.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

more like alan woke, because that game was on fleek

what's fleek please and thank you

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

it means fleet week, it's a thing discovery channel does about the navy. alan wake was featured on it

it's a dumb word, like bleem

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Wamdoodle posted:

Does this mean something other than the commercial PSX emulator?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleem!

no but i'm saying the word they used as a name for it is dumb.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

remember how nobody could run bleem for poo poo when it was on store shelves? good times.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I've been playing Tokyo Jungle.

Do NOT gently caress with hippos.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Such a truly wonderful game. It really never fails to be entertaining, even if it's quite frustrating too. It seems every animal has a sort of expiration date where after a certain number of years, animals too strong to kill will appear.

Tokyo Jungle has a lot of "gently caress you specifically" elements.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I can't be mad at it when it's "gently caress you, die now" option is spawning in a bunch of dinosaurs.

Actually I meant toxicity

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

also, playing as an herbivore ever

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oddium posted:

ah made it to yamanote line west where the only food was. where's the food now. oh it's in shibuya suburbs

:darksouls:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

VideoGames posted:

On my PS3, I have the entirety of Metal Gear Solid. (1,2,3,4,5, ground zeroes and revengeance - there are probably more but I'm not very knowledgeable with them).

I've played 20 or so minutes of 1, but it is difficult and I want to jump straight to Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain because everyone gushes about them and it is apparently set in my favourite decade. Should I just suck it up and play everything in order?

With all due respect, why the gently caress do you not have Peace Walker

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

oh

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

i just found out you can't use fist weapons in power armor in fallout 4 and i'm so upset.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I beat MGS3 by repeatedly puffing my knockout ciggy into The Boss' face and it owned.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jammin' the random button in preparation for a Dark Souls 2 playthrough.

Yeah this is my guy

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Apr 3, 2016

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh nooooo you guys sometimes games in a series change, instead of all being the same game forever, aaaaaaaaaa, let's freak the gently caress out aaaaaaaaaaa

That's what we're trying to tell you!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Yesterday I rolled a sorcerer and soul arrow'd my way through the first few areas of DS2 before getting repeatedly murdered by No Man's Wharf and losing a bunch of souls. Now I'm a cleric with a mace and it's much better.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Played more Dark Souls 2 today only to realize that high-strength builds are very disappointing for me.

gently caress. :smith:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Lurdiak posted:

What kind of lizard wizard are you if you're not playing a spellcaster?

I was originally playing a sorcerer but my melee game was so weak that I got stomped, then I went for a cleric and got tired of the Greatsword, and now I'm not even sure what I want. A smarter approach to sorcerer, I suppose. What would people recommend for a dex sorcerer in terms of early-game weapons?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNXYrAkUntU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

I think people like the Rapier you can buy from the blacksmith in Majula. If you're playing Scholar of the First Sin, you can get it enchanted real soon after beating the Pursuer.

I just tried the rapier, and wow did it get good between games. Not crazy about the R2 parry, though.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

corn in the bible posted:

I don't think they disliked it because it was sad but rather because it was abrupt and stupid

PICK THE COLORED BUTTON AND GET THAT COLOR ENDING, SHEPARD

I was gonna say.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Manky posted:

What's your point, exactly?

the point is don't conflate trans people for hermaphrodites holy poo poo dude

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Manky posted:

Corn pulled that hermaphrodite thing out of his rear end

e: don't conflate bigender with hermaphrodites jeeeez!

how about next time you include your wiki link that establishes a basis for an anime boss fight being bigender alongside the screenshot of a villain going "ho ho dear protagonist i have a penis AND a vagina!" so that anyone who hasn't played BLUE ANIME ASSAULT FORCE or whatever doesn't see a dude calling hermaphrodites transsexuals?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Apr 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Manky posted:

Corn called the character a hermaphrodite, I never did, jfc

Uh, you seem to be confused as to what I'm pointing out.

Corn was correct and reasonable to say "hey that character's a hermaphrodite" in response to the picture of the character going "I've got a dick and a pussy if you know what I mean".

You were calling the character bigender which, while arguably true based on what you've since posted, is WAY different from the biological state of being a hermaphrodite.

• Locked thread