Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
That looks fantastic!. A few pounds of bacon later and you have yourself a worthy cooking vessel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

leica posted:

Have you tried just constantly shaming and bitching at them just so they'll do poo poo to make you leave them alone?

That works sometimes for people that can't/won't act like adults.

I'd like to see a survey on what (and at what age) causes people to decide to become adults, self-reported by those people.
- graduating from school and getting a job
- getting married and starting a family
- having someone yell at them to grow up

Granted, a large fraction of people of whatever age never act like adults, so there's gotta be some way to suss them out.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Enourmo posted:

ok ive been actively avoiding roommate bitching but now some of my poo poo's starting to go missing (specifically a pasta strainer) and i found both my cast iron pans in the dishwasher. can we all agree both those things are objectively bullshit.

Kill him in his sleep
(Only half joking, don't gently caress with another's cast iron.)

Edit: I'm mentally 12 and will stay as such until I have kids. I hope to never have kids because being 12 and having access to money is p. Cool.

nm fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Apr 29, 2016

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

I'd like to see a survey on what (and at what age) causes people to decide to become adults, self-reported by those people.

Granted, a large fraction of people of whatever age never act like adults, so there's gotta be some way to suss them out.

Probably whenever the frontal lobe fully develops, for some people that never happens apparently.

Cross posting this from the Miata thread, Miatas like Trump and do not like his protesters:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqXnoa2qyPQ

Watch closely at the end from above and you see the cops drawing their pistols on him :ohdear:

DUDE THIS MIATA'S DRIFTING

Applebees Appetizer fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Apr 29, 2016

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
I am late to the party but :pcgaming: Marissa Tomei :pcgaming:

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

kimbo305 posted:

Getting married.

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
Having a kid, age 19.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

PaintVagrant posted:

I am late to the party but :pcgaming: Marissa Tomei :pcgaming:

The Wrestler :swoon:

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

If anyone plays Forza 6, here's a Pringles DLC code for it, I have no idea what it gives you, but I don't even own a Xbox One (that's what the Pringles promo prize is):

GRHMJ-9VWFT-Q34W6-2JCW3-QJWFZ

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Now down to business after a hosed up week of a head screw. On our way to see the Laguna Seca Continental Tire Grand Prix.

keykey fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 29, 2016

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

leica posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqXnoa2qyPQ

Watch closely at the end from above and you see the cops drawing their pistols on him :ohdear:

DUDE THIS MIATA'S DRIFTING
"I'm sorry officer, I was told it was a rally."

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
If Marissa tomei and Jennifer connely have taught us anything, it's that brunettes can have eyebrows god dammit

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Cached Money posted:

If anyone plays Forza 6, here's a Pringles DLC code for it, I have no idea what it gives you, but I don't even own a Xbox One (that's what the Pringles promo prize is):

GRHMJ-9VWFT-Q34W6-2JCW3-QJWFZ

I took this, so thanks. It's a free download of a Miata with a Pringles livery. I will likely never even look at it let alone drive it :cheers:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Know what I call this:
An excuse to get a polisher.

Then shine that mofo to a mirror sheen and have the most even and smooth seasoning a man could get.

e:
Look at this:

hnnnng

:frogon: that looks v nice.

I am now approaching the time of year when I can think again since our business rush is starting to temper to normal. What automotive websites outside of this forum do you guys frequent? I will admit I started looking at just the front pages of Jalopnik probably starting a year ago, but it seems the last few months it is less and less interesting. With the whole lawsuit thing exploding in their faces they seem to be handling it poorly on top of that. I would just like a well informed site that kind of caters to a gearhead.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I have Autoblog in my feed reader. It does a decent job of automotive news, with the occasional "Look at this neat thing!" article. Mr. Regular was writing articles for Road and Track's website, but I haven't seen any new ones in a while.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

gently caress it, bye

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Apr 29, 2016

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
You think that's bad? some people on a street two over from me never take their christmas lights down and I swear I'm about to make a super angry post on the internet about it if they keep this up

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

nm posted:

Edit: I'm mentally 12 and will stay as such until I have kids. I hope to never have kids because being 12 and having access to money is p. Cool.

I had a Very Serious Meeting with someone important whilst wearing Minions underpants under my suit.

Being grown-up is a facade.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Ether Frenzy posted:

I took this, so thanks. It's a free download of a Miata with a Pringles livery. I will likely never even look at it let alone drive it :cheers:

lmao I knew someone here would want it. Cars in Forza/GT are like pokemon anyways, gotta have them all even though you won't use them.

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

looking at buying a ford fairmont/mercury zephyr because something just feels right about it.

any reason why I shouldn't do this?

Jared592
Jan 23, 2003
JARED NUMBERS: BACK IN ACTION
depends on the year you're looking at

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

loving 19hr day dude. I am so beat. Infinite Z's.

Astonishing Wang
Nov 3, 2004
Tell us all about it!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

TheShazbot posted:

looking at buying a ford fairmont/mercury zephyr because something just feels right about it.

any reason why I shouldn't do this?

You better also be looking at swapping in a 302 and a three-pedal. Fox body's a fox body.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Deeters posted:

I have Autoblog in my feed reader. It does a decent job of automotive news, with the occasional "Look at this neat thing!" article. Mr. Regular was writing articles for Road and Track's website, but I haven't seen any new ones in a while.

He's busy with Vagabond Falcon. Basically it's his full time job right now.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I know, and it pisses me off.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

spog posted:

I had a Very Serious Meeting with someone important whilst wearing Minions underpants under my suit.

Whats up 12 year old in a suit bro?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

spog posted:

I think much of being 'grown-up' is just getting better at pretending that you're not just making it up as you go along (obviously experience and knowledge helps in some of this too)

I got home from a great holiday today, and hope that I have just beaten my jetlag by managing to stay up till 1am (local time) :cheers:. I did however fall asleep for about 30 mins at 8pm or so. I'm hoping that didn't gently caress my plans up and I can still manage to get up early tomorrow.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Know what I call this:
An excuse to get a polisher.

Then shine that mofo to a mirror sheen and have the most even and smooth seasoning a man could get.

e:
Look at this:

hnnnng

I may be over thinking this, but I am looking to do this (in some fashion) to one or more of my pans and got thinking about the post polishing cleaning. What do you use to make sure it's clean for cooking with, but not have it rust again? I was thinking orange degreaser.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

It won't rust once you season it.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Timmy Cruise posted:

I may be over thinking this, but I am looking to do this (in some fashion) to one or more of my pans and got thinking about the post polishing cleaning. What do you use to make sure it's clean for cooking with, but not have it rust again? I was thinking orange degreaser.

https://www.lodgemfg.com/use-and-care/seasoned-cast-iron-use-and-care.asp

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

spog posted:

I'm the batman briefs in a board meeting guy.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Sorry not sorry for snapchat spam, but this is a drat fine concert that is sorely needed this week. Talked to an insurance adjuster this morning and she said they'll likely total my truck due to the risk of constant electrical issues from this point forward. They wanted to pick it up today to start the process, but I had better poo poo to do. I am getting a rental car though. :toot:

Dagen H
Mar 19, 2009

Hogertrafikomlaggningen
:rip: Avalanche

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
The lawn is starting to come in. It takes me 2 days to water the loving thing and that sucks. But at least it's working.

Timmy Cruise
Jun 9, 2007

Haha I have read that before I was more thinking about what to do after the sanding. Like I said - overthinking. A rinse before seasoning probably wouldn't be a bad idea in my mind to get rid of any abrasive residue. Then bacon.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

Timmy Cruise posted:

Haha I have read that before I was more thinking about what to do after the sanding. Like I said - overthinking. A rinse before seasoning probably wouldn't be a bad idea in my mind to get rid of any abrasive residue. Then bacon.

Well, yeah. Sand / polish, wash with soap + water, dry thoroughly, then season. It won't rust so long as you do it all within a reasonable amount of time.

Missed two days of work, one due to my back being hosed. Got a call to my classroom after the end of the day. AP wanted to know if I could do my post conference right then.

On Friday afternoon.

NOPE. Had poo poo to do anyway, but still.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

My teacher in one my classes screwed something up when calculating the final grades and gave me 6/100 on my tests area, and now it shows my grade as 66%
I'm trying to get ahold of her but she's not responding and this is really stressing me out more after a super lovely day at work.
:wtf: Get your poo poo together Prof.

alternate.eago
Jul 19, 2006
Insert randomness here.

MustardFacial posted:

The lawn is starting to come in. It takes me 2 days to water the loving thing and that sucks. But at least it's working.

I've got to sod the fenced in area for the dogs. I feel bad that it's just dirt.

I've given up on the front yard, having a single car width driveway sucks, we end up driving through the front yard everyday because of multiple people on different schedules.

There is sooooooo much work to do to get the house in slightly better shape for the appraisal for the refinance, 2.75% is gonna be so much better than the 6% I'm paying now. Plus the mortgage will be in my name so I can claim it on my taxes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

MustardFacial posted:

Nice yard, that's the perfect size for playing all kinds of sports or running your dogs or whatever. Super jealous.

I should post a pic of my backyard hell that is trying to keep up nice grass in Florida without truckloads of water.

• Locked thread