Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Mu Zeta posted:

Who wants the Keurig of tortillas

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1104354043/the-artisan-tortilla-maker

$200 if you join the Kickstarter. $400 at retail. And no, you cannot use your own dough.

I know this is old, but delicious homemade tortillas are the only thing my beloved grandmother was able to teach me to cook (Not through any fault of her own; I just couldn't pick up anything else). They are cheap, easy, and basically the best things on earth.

You can have coffee, hipsters, and broth. You can have the motherfucking Juicero. But don't you put tortillas in a pod. Don't you do that.

E: Jesus Christ, it got funded. :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

Scathach posted:

The difference is that with a good bread machine and good ingredients, you still get a much less expensive (and probably healthier) full loaf of bread. With that stupid inbred tortilla machine it's crazy expensive and you get really low-quality tortillas... slowly, one at a time. That would be like getting one slice of bread from a breadmaker at a time, with a quality worse than Wonderloaf.

Also each individual slice would cost you money, give you a cup to throw away/"recycle" (let's be honest), and you couldn't use your own recipe.

• Locked thread