Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Carnival of Shrews posted:

Agreed, but can we still point and laugh at folk who buy Manuka honey?

Global consumption: 10000 tons p/a. Amount of manuka honey made in New Zealand: 1700 tons p/a

There's something about honey that strikes some people as innately magical, and not in the "Wow, this stuff was literally siphoned out of flowers by insects, millilitre by millilitre, and took 55,000 flight miles per jar" way. Decades after it was discovered that honey is unsafe for babies because it can contain botulism spores, you can still find stuff like this (shame on you, Guardian, this is still in your Science section, a decade after I and a lot of other people pointed out that it was at least mildly demented):

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2005/aug/25/health.society

It's used in the veterinary industry to help promote wound healing, I'm sure I had an article about it but I think it's behind a paywall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Tiggum posted:

I wish fish and chip shops still just wrapped food in paper. These days they all seem to use boxes, so the more other stuff you order, the less chips you get.

That's because you're Australian, Tiggum. We still do good fish and chips in the UK. Well, at least in the North we do.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

AlphaKretin posted:

Hey, I live in Australia and I still get fish and chips in a paper wrapper. :colbert:

But do you get those anaemic looking abominations? Or do you get proper chunky chip-shop chips?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Marenghi posted:

Wait pasteurised bones, as in sterilised? I'm not sure of the steps of making bone broth but does boiling them in water come in at some point. Wouldn't that have much the same effects as pasteurising them?

These are not clever people.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

You all bitch about the dog bowls, but they made one for men too!
http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gift-novelty/man-bowl/10484014.html

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Go team pineapple! I just wish the shells were easier to deal with. Get on it, Monsanto!

It's not shell, it's skin!

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's standing in the way between me and the part I want to eat. That's all that matters. :argh:

True courage is eating the skin as well.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

Mizuti posted:

What the hell is that?

Test result: Pine needles.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

I would eat the gently caress out of both of those meals, possibly at the same time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

The_White_Crane posted:

Boy, it's almost like experiences you take for granted aren't shared amongst the entire human race! How amazing.

It's probably a good thing that you wouldn't eat that pile of food, you've got more than enough salt coursing through your veins to last you a lifetime.

• Locked thread