Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

Improbable Lobster posted:

I don't see how it would be any better than just ordering the ingredients online instead

Eh, it's not really. It's a pricey alternative to it. If you don't cook that often and aren't good with recipes, it's a good alternative. I like how they only send you as much as you need for the recipe, though. So if you're trying some recipe you found online and you buy a package of fresh Marjoram or whatever, you aren't stuck wasting the rest of the herbs after spending $6.75 on a package of them.

Sure, you could use those items up on the rest of your meals for the week, but if you aren't regularly cooking full meals, one-off ingredients expire pretty fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

I'd be really loving pissed off if I got served my food at a restaurant in a god damned dog bowl.

Not as pissed off as if I'd gotten this, though:

gently caress. You.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

constantIllusion posted:

Why do these recipe videos remind me of something Sandra Lee would "cook" up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we2iWTJqo98
Kwanzaa cake with candelabra style candles stuck in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj89Ax60DEI
Hanukkah cake. And, to answer your question, no it's not Kosher.

My husband and I made the Kwanzaa cake for a holiday party last year, complete with gigantic candles. People sampled it, said it tasted ok, but looked like a racist fart.

:boom: Mission Accomplished :boom:

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Na'at posted:

We have one of these in Denver now and it's the same. I don't get how adding a hand full of captain crunch to a doughnut makes it worth all that.

We've got one in Eugene, Oregon too. The crazy long lines seem to have petered off (except for weekend mornings, when there's lines of 5-15 people at a time). The doughnuts are interesting and a decent occasional treat. But most of the time I wind up scraping off all of the excess stuff on the top and eating that separately. The Oreo one is good, though. :btroll:

This is a Pulled Pork Sundae, available at TGI Friday's nationwide.

It contains pork, barbecue sauce, mashed potato, onions, and other "fixins."

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

:vince:

Magnificent

• Locked thread