Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Rhyno posted:

That's only when written by Mark NOT MY SUPERMAN Waid.

Or Elliot S! Maggin, from whom Waid cribbed some of the stuff in Birthright, including Supes being vegetarian because he can literally see life force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Teenage Fansub posted:

I'm skimming, but he's just commenting on the way it's being reported, right?
Haven't clicked on the article he's pointing at as better journalism, but eh. The write up seems terribly hyperbolic.

It's The Outhousers, quelle surpise.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Edge & Christian posted:

Eddie Berganza worked on a lot of forgettable 1990s DC comics (he was assistant editor on GL when Kyle Rayner was introduced, was editor of Peter David's Aquaman book for awhile until editorial differences drove PAD off of the book, and edited Young Justice for awhile, that's pretty much anything anyone would remember of Berganza's editorship for the first ten years or so) and then pretty much single handedly discovered Geoff Johns (Johns was internning for Richard Donner and Eddie Berganza met him at Donner's office)

A lot of Johns's earliest work at DC was edited by Berganza's friend Peter Tomasi, but from the relaunch of Teen Titans on practically everything Johns wrote was edited by Tomasi. He also got to edit pretty much everything Loeb wrote in the mid 2000s, which pretty much comprises all of the "hits" that DC has had in the past decade. That's likely why he is considered so valuable at DC, especially considering that Johns is an executive now.

He also wrote the Teen Titans feature in Wednesday Comics, which I'm mentioning because it was one of the worst loving things I've ever read.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Toxxupation posted:

"Ugh, gotta go guys. No, no, it's not you, it's just my creepy stalker ex. He has this whole thing. It's weird and usually involves omnicide. I don't want to mess with this whole...business, but, anyways, yeah. Kisses, love you both, bye!"

That's pretty much how it went down.

Also, she gave Marlo a brush.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Zachack posted:

Hopefully RASL was a misstep and he returns to form on Bone.

A, Rasl was sweet. B, he's been doing a series called Tuki Save the Humans! that's also sweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

Mark Waid pretty much made Wally West. I mean, obviously the character existed for decades before him, and a decent amount of time after, but his Wally is THE Wally.

Senior Woodchuck fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Apr 28, 2016

• Locked thread