Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ghostlight posted:

Please do not undersell Red Hood and the Outlaws.

You can easily make the argument that RHATO is just Teen Titans logical evolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ghostlight posted:

Jesus and Mohamed are both regular names so a lot?

Squizzle posted:

Muhammad is the most common male name in the world, I'm p. sure.

I think that was his point, yall. It seems a little weird to restrict 'Lady' or 'Major' when millions of people are named after their respective religious messiahs.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Squizzle posted:

I'm p. sure she actually was a Green Lantern during the Winnick run. She lost her powers, I think? Then Kyle got her a power ring somehow? Idk. I also believe there was some never-followed-up hints that her plant powers were increasing somehow.

Anyway, BSS apparently found her promiscuous, such that they disapproved, and expressed such sentiment often.

:staredog:

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I was rebooted from a webcomix thread poster into a superhero comics poster. My sales are way down and I will probably get canceled soon

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yeah twenty is basically a teenager still, like how thirteen isn't really a teenager yet.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

zoux posted:

Checkmate.

Nah this just proves my point, only little kids are this desperate to be teenagers. Actual teenagers hate being teenagers and would never do something like this.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Gonna pet FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper extra in honor of your cat. Of course giving him any more pets will at this point require me to find a 25th hour in the day.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I am so disappointed in every single one of you right now

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Not two weeks into April and we already need a new thread.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Squizzle posted:

One day Travis343 will be BSS mod and on that day it will :redhammer: like never before.

I will punch the multiverse until everyone is a good poster

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Journey is really good.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Agreed, but they're both pretty good.

Journey unironically rules though.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

God that video is so awkward. Poor guys played a great song but they just had no idea what to do with themselves on camera.

Toto is amazing

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Squizzle posted:

Rush is actually a crap band that made bad music.

and also YYZ

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

I got a Comic Legends Revealed tip published :D
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/15/comic-book-legends-revealed-571/
The Batman 'what if' one.

It's funny, I gave him big digital screenshots of the Comixology Batman collection I found it in, but he went and got real scans for authenticity, I guess.

"Hey, I'm sorry your surrogate dad got killed, but I'm basically him from another dimension, is that good enough?"

"poo poo yeah, let's fuckin roll"

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Squizzle posted:

If you wouldn't annihilate a timeline or two, even very good timelines, for your actual child that you love, then you're a bad parent. :colbert:

This is why I'll never have kids.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lmao that's great coming from an actual mediocre white man

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Madkal posted:

Why yes I would also have terrible opinions if I didn't know such things as facts, history, context or decency.
Never heard of this guy before though, but I have heard and read Eisner's stuff. I'm guessing he is just jealous.

He is the kind of white dude that tries to get progressive 'cred' by blindly attacking the old white male establishment to distract from the constant sexualization of female bodies and fetishization of asian people in his own work

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Forums poster 'Symbolic Butt' took their username from a panel of Dresden Kodak where the lead character's rear end was full-frame in tight jeans and he defended it as being a symbolic choice and not just because he likes to draw butts.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Lurdiak jumping on that grenade Steve Rogers style

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yvonmukluk posted:

I think you guys can make some hay out of the fact they hyped up how they 'had stories for years' about an unmasked Spider-Man, when they already had plans to undo it and the marriage in one fell swoop - I would not be surprised if the unmasking was editorially mandated to get Peter in a place to make that stupid deal. :arghfist::spidey:

And man, you guys were a bit too harsh on the Wasp, imo. Then again, you were working from Secret Wars.

Also when are you guys getting on iTunes? I am lazy and dislike making effort to find podcasts.

Actually, on a related note for the thread in general/mods: do you guys think a Comics Podcast thread would go here or in RGD?

If we can have our own comic book movie and TV show thread in here I think we can have our own podcast thread.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

That one picture of not-Superman could pass for an official piece of BvS art

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Tunklord Supreme posted:

as for my actual guess though, what's the current status of Commissioner Gordon's other kid, James Jr. or whatever? The one from "The Black Mirror". I mean, it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense in terms of the timeline, but nothing about Batman's timeline makes sense in the current stuff anyways and I honestly can't imagine any pre-existing character for whom being the Joker "all along" or whatever makes any sense.

James Jr showed up in the New 52 Batgirl before Stewart and Tarr took over I believe.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

The chair told Batman that Joker's real name is Jack Napier, his reply was "That's impossible" because he thought that was only canon in the 89 movie and that one episode of the animated series.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yvonmukluk posted:

Did they ever explain how Batman is simultaneously chairpunching people and wondering around Gotham amnesiac?

Comics that are published at the same time don't necessarily occur chronologically at the same time within their fictional universe.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Yvonmukluk posted:

Yeah, but what's the chain of events after Endgame? Is it chairpunching then amnesia, or amnesia then chairpunching?

I thought I heard that chairpunching was after Endgame but I probably just read this on this forum somewhere so who knows how accurate that is.

Also my phone suggested chairpunching after like three letters, which seems weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Digital and trades is the way to go. You get a nice bookshelf full of nerd bullshit. Storing floppies is the absolute pits.

• Locked thread