Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

NorgLyle posted:

This is a spin-off from the costume thread but... seriously what's the deal with Deathstroke?

I admit I am one of the rare older comics fans that never got particularly into the Wolfman/Perez Titans so maybe I'm missing out there but it feels like the (to me) baffling love for this guy just sort of came out of nowhere. Is there some amazing run of Deathstroke related comics that I completely missed? Most of the time he seems like a much less interesting Punisher (or to be completely honest a slightly less interesting VIgilante).

Why do we keep getting books about this guy?

He was a big villain for the Wolfman/Perez Titans and was the center of some of the most memorable stories of that era. The character had a decent and mildly successful comic that ran for 60+5 issues in the early 90's. He did "disappear" for a bit after that, but Identity Crisis pushed him from a Titans level villain to a JLA level villain. He was also used in the Johns Titans run which is a modern sequal of Wolfman/Perez run half the time. Nostalgia of the people in charge of DC is my big guess as to why he keeps getting books. Johns seems to love the character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Gorillaz is good and fun music and I'm excited for the eventual 5th album.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

With maybe David Bowie stuff!!!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

I feel lame for liking Wax so much, but people really need to get offa my facebook.

What is lame about them?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

He's a white rapper who mostly raps about sitting around his house.

he speaks to me. any song recommendations?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

What is ccl?

Edit: comic collectors live? Is this it? Because it looks awesome and is what I need right now. Just reorganized all my comics and found I was missing a number of issues. This way I can replace those. Thanks for talking about it.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Apr 18, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Hulk's has to be micro.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'm always skittish about buying items online, so I have a question for comic buyers. Has anyone here bought anything through Comic Collector Live? Has anyone run into problems with Comic Collector Live?

Edit: I know a lot of shop workers/owners here use it for selling.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Apr 19, 2016

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Thanks guys. Appreciate the help.

Looking over all the books and I'm itching to buy some comics. They have the complete 1970's Freedom Fighters and Black Goliath for sale. :eyepop:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Don't forget Pym, stark, and Reed straight murdering a long time (c-list) friend with seemingly no repercussions.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Yvonmukluk posted:

That's because the entirety of OMD is basically set dressing for Joe Quesada telling the readers 'I'm getting rid of the marriage (and writing MJ out of the book), because I say so'. It was basically the endgame ever since he got in the big chair (since he'd accomplished the two other things he wanted - making mutants a minority again & making heroes stop trusting each other - with House of M & Civil War).

Quesada did lots of good for Marvel, but it makes me laugh every time I read his three major goals. The X-Men still haven't recovered and HoM and CW are two of the worst Marvel crossovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Madkal posted:

Where it really gets annoying is when you buy the trades years after and all of a sudden you have blue lightening Superman for some reason.

That is compounded by the fact that if the blue lightening superman interests you, good luck tracking down that back issue. Cause those ain't digital or in trade print.

DC really needs a Marvel Unlimited thing.

• Locked thread