Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

You really are a louse...

WickedHate posted:

I hate comics.

Same, but for things that aren't comics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

I have just discovered the new place I'm moving to in a week is like literally across the street from a comicbook store. RIP my :20bux:.

Also RIP my shelf space. I found the 52 omnibus for real cheap. I have no regrets but holy hell that this is huge.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

I hadn't even noticed Squizzle's avatar ever changed. It's been the same for as long as I've been posting in BSS I think.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Rhyno posted:

HOLY poo poo.

My fuckstick customers who named their child Lady Rainicorn had their kid taken by CPS. I would have killed to see the caseworker's face when told the name of that child.

That story had such a sad start but then ended so happy :unsmith:. I mean, getting taken by CPS doesn't guarantee the kid a good life but at least they might get renamed something that you can put on a job application.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

zoux posted:

You should read up on what happens to kids in the system before you make comments like this. It's extremely bad.

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I realized "stupid name" and "parents waste money on stupid poo poo" is actually totally fine compared to what could happen after getting picked up by CPS :smith:. Forget I said anything.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Teenage Fansub posted:

You're not allowed to name your kid anything too dumb here http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11388092

e: Scratch that. I just read that again and the objection is for titles and symbols. You can specifically be called "Cream Bun" but not Major or Prince.
Never mind.

Still, would have saved Lady Rainicorn since Lady iirc would count as a title. She would have been left with the perfectly respectable name, Rainicorn.

Unrelated: I'm moving this weekend and I suddenly envy all you "digital only" motherfuckers.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Squizzle posted:

I've been reading BSS archives, and gosh golly did early BSS have some issues about Jade.

I know nothing about Jade other than that I said she was the best Green Lantern at some point and then learned I was technically wrong that she wasn't a Lantern. Is there something weird or bad about Jade or was past-BSS just being weird?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

I wasn't originally a character during the silver age but writers will forget that and sometimes write lines for me that imply I was around during that time.

:stare: good lord, the way the thread flips from everyone havin a good time talking 'bout their favorite Green Lanterns to suddenly whoreswhoreswhores like they're loving Frank Miller gave me whiplash.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

My cat is a teenager this month.

What happens next month?

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

NorgLyle posted:

I also hate people who read his comics so...

:colbert: I know Red Son ends up reactionary garbage but it is the closest thing I think we'll ever get to a big two communist hero (other than Colossus occasionally calling other X-Men 'Tovarisch').

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Madkal posted:

When it comes to music appreciation, I wouldn't hold us Canadians in such high esteem.

We aren't worse at music, we just understand how to weaponize it better.

You're welcome, Amerikkka :smug::hf::canada:

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Yvonmukluk posted:

I like Gorillaz and I'll fight any man who says otherwise!

You don't like Gorillaz. Fight me nerd :colbert:

(I too enjoy Gorillaz)

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

Skynyrd owns, you guys suck.

If we're talking "Things Goin' On" Skynyrd that's a fine opinion. Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird have been overplayed to hell and back.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Alaois posted:

i like fetty wap

I literally never noticed until this post that his name is "Fetty Wap" not "Fetty Wasp". I have no idea why I read it like that ever.

E:

X-O posted:

I can't even tell you how super shocked I am to see so many old white guy like musical opinions in a comic book forum. I never would have guessed that would be the demographic posting here!

:colbert: excuse me, I'm a 25 year old white guy thank you. I can't blame my musical tastes on my age.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

All I want to do is read stories about grown ups on spandex punching giant space bugs, why there gotta be so many assholes/sexual predators.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Codependent Poster posted:

I hope that guy gets fired. It's sad that people didn't report on this for years and left it an open secret.

Even if the rumor that Berganza has blackmail material on his superiors was false, I still don't really think there's any way for him to get fired for any of this. Like Lurdiak mentioned, comics are a very incestuous business and so if you're promoted high up, you're either friends with everyone even higher than you are, you have blackmail material, or you're some kind of creative god the company is terrified of losing to the competition. It would take some kind of giant DC boycott or mass quitting by top creators, and I don't see either happening.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

It turns out the Joker's real name is "Bruce Wayne". The man we've known as Bruce Wayne aka Batman is actually a time displaced copy of Terry McGinnis, who had his memory wiped and the memories of Bruce Wayne inserted into him by let's go with Hugo Strange.

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

His name will be "Anthony Erikson".

" No... That's not possible. Joker can't possibly have a random normal guy name. He must have a name with great significance and his identity must be important to me in some way."

Alternate answer: John Diggle. Why did y'all assume Joker was white? :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burnishedfume
Mar 8, 2011

Madkal posted:

I'm turning my spare bedroom into a comic and sports room. Would do you guys do to proudly display your comics in your places.

Edit: photos would be great to help me steal, I mean inspire me, with ideas.

Sell/burn all floppies. Store TPBs in cube shelf from Amazon or Ikea.

• Locked thread