Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like Teen Titans fine. I've been reading the Wolfman/Pérez comics and I enjoy them well enough. They're not as good as Claremont's X-Men but they suit me fine. They're about on par with Levitz/Giffen Legion by my estimation. It's corny in a way that appeals to me.

However, I think Teen Titans Go! is the best thing that's been done with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Liberal Idiot posted:

Not even Garth Ennis would say that about Superman.

Isn't Superman the one superhero Ennis really likes?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

I'll Make BSS Great Again.

Load it up with bad dudes.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Better than REO Speedwagon.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Boston had the best album (the first one), Toto were probably the best musicians, Foreigner had the best singer (Lou Gramm), but I think Journey had the best pop songs. They had the absolute worst video, though (the "Separate Ways" one where Jonathan Cain plays air keyboard).

I was into AOR for a while a few years ago but I can't remember exactly why. I think it's when I was trying to learn guitar and my interest waned when it became clear I would never be a proficient guitarist. If I was going to listen to an album from that genre, I'd listen to Pyromania by Def Leppard, but I've lost what taste I once had for it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Travis343 posted:

God that video is so awkward. Poor guys played a great song but they just had no idea what to do with themselves on camera.

And apparently Steve Perry's girlfriend (Sherrie, the eponymous subject of his solo hit "Oh, Sherrie") was really horrible to the model in the video and spent all the time they weren't filming having terrible rows with Perry are generally exacerbating the unpleasantness of the experience for everyone.

quote:

Toto is amazing

I will tell you what Toto's problem was - Toto's problem was that they couldn't forge a distinct musical identity and stick to it. They played, arranged, wrote and produced songs for almost every major label record that came out of LA in the 1970s and 1980, and that meant they didn't have a "Toto sound" because so much of the "Toto sound" had become a hallmark so many other artists' records. On top of that, because they could play anything, they took it to mean that they should - that's why their second album couldn't capitalise on the success of "Hold the Line". It had three singles, each sung by a different singer and each in a different genre.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

I'd make a post where I pretend I like Nickelback but that's too far even for me.

How do you feel about Theory of a Deadman? :v:

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gavok posted:

I unironically enjoy Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up." In fact, I'm listening to it right now.

I mean, I also ironically enjoy it. It just works out that way.

It's in the upper quartile of Stock-Aitken-Waterman songs.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Isn't it Slavoj Zizek that CD really seems to like? I'm only aware of him as this guy who spent last summer writing long, rambling polemics about "EU villainy" and how Germany is "the Enemy" in the New Statesman so I'm not sure what he has to do with movies.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Which comic book editors have historically been rated as the best?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

SynthOrange posted:

Turns out he was right and he did get her back. :v

And then when Rick and Marlo get married, Death - as in Neil Gaiman Death from Sandman - is a guest at the wedding (and leaves early because she doesn't want to chance running into Thanos).

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Codependent Poster posted:

His real name is Wayne Bruce.

Wuss Brain.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if there's an in-universe meme about Ted Cruz being the Joker?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Joker's real name will be "K. Söze".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Madkal posted:

Where it really gets annoying is when you buy the trades years after and all of a sudden you have blue lightening Superman for some reason.

The most annoying one is halfway through the Rock of Ages TPB where the JLA are in the middle of fighting the Injustice Gang when J'onn or somebody says, "I've just detected a massive energy wave in space, and it's heading directly for Earth!" and it leads into the now-forgotten Genesis event, then the very next issue starts with Superman saying, "Good thing we sorted out that Genesis wave!" Wrecks the whole thing's flow when you're reading it a good few years after the fact.

• Locked thread