Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Squizzle posted:

I want to go ahead and wish everyone a Happy New Year! The first new moon since the equinox falls on the 7th of April this year, and that means the new year celebration on the Babylonian and, from the scant records we have dating back to the reign of Shulgi, ancient Sumerian calendars!

WHO ARE YOU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Liberal Idiot posted:

If I'm remembering right, Alan Moore decided at an early age to replace organized religion with Superman.

I did the same thing, but I was 29.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Foul Fowl posted:

The Authority(...)feels like lazy writing.

Millar in a nutshell.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Norns posted:

Transmetro is hands down my favorite Ellis thing I've read.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

I've reached a point in my life where I'm listening to Journey unironically.

There is no shame in that

...is what I tell myself.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Was not expecting so much love for Journey. They've been one of my favourite bands since I was 2, so I know they kick rear end, but I was starting to think they kicked rear end in a way that only Canadians could perceive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

Yvonmukluk posted:

Did they ever explain how Batman is simultaneously chairpunching people and wondering around Gotham amnesiac?

I believe the official answer is "it doesn't matter."

Which is exactly as it should be.

• Locked thread