Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The reason why people care about Deathstroke now is mainly about Christopher Priest returning to comics.
If Tony S Daniel was doing the comic again, everyone would've gone 'ughhhh' and bemoaned it's return over Midnighter.

I suppose The Punisher never slept with his underage villainess-in-training. That's something Deathstroke's got.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Priest already returned to comics. He did the Q2 mini not all that long ago.

Update his Wikipedia page then!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

His first Heavy Metal issue is the next one!
He's also got Klaus still running, and announced Multiversity Too and his own Batman B+W a few months ago.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/04/comic-book-resources-sold-to-valnet-and-i-get-a-funny-feeling/

Comic Book Resorces has been sold and Jonah Weiland is leaving.

I dunno if that's a disastrous thing. I just check Comics Should Be Good once in a while, so I hope that survives!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 4, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

You're not allowed to name your kid anything too dumb here http://www.nzherald.co.nz/lifestyle/news/article.cfm?c_id=6&objectid=11388092

e: Scratch that. I just read that again and the objection is for titles and symbols. You can specifically be called "Cream Bun" but not Major or Prince.
Never mind.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Apr 5, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Good point, UserID:203591.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Space Fish posted:

Between Unfollow, Survivors' Club, and Sheriff of Babylon, this has been a great week for reading Vertigo's output. I hope their first trades do well enough to justify keeping them afloat.

Bleedingcool think they're going to get an overhaul in the next few months because nothing's been selling, but hopefully that just means that everyone gets to keep their jobs and there are a couple of, like adult version legacy DC comics in the mix to get people interested.
Apparently Gerard Way will do Doom Patrol and act as some kind of brand curator for the line to 'hip' it up.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 7, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Not gonna lie, Gerard Way Doom Patrol would be pretty great.

It's gonna be!
Instead of Vert, he's got his own DC imprint announced today.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

There are several plots left open at the end. One of which is the subject of Sun Beyond the Stars and is resolved.
I guess we're expecting more miniseries to do the rest, but SBTS took a year to get four issues out, so you'll have to be pretty patient.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

FutureFriend posted:

on a comic book topic though, have there been any real stand-out hulk runs in the past decade or so that haven't been written by greg pak? kinda been showing a bit more interest in the big green guy lately

Not even by Jason Aaron. Pak must've cast a curse.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rock by and large is a very awful genre of music.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Apr 12, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I've never been more glad to not have a dad around growing up than seeing these tastes in music.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I got very confused about this Wax talk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_RELjHhD2s

e: also Gorillaz having an album called The Fall is dumb cause it made me think for a second one of you liked good music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp81sTev4cw

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Apr 14, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I got a Comic Legends Revealed tip published :D
http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.com/2016/04/15/comic-book-legends-revealed-571/
The Batman 'what if' one.

It's funny, I gave him big digital screenshots of the Comixology Batman collection I found it in, but he went and got real scans for authenticity, I guess.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Apr 16, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's really weird reading these Batman comics from the 60's where Alfred is fuckin' dead.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Apr 16, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's crazy that DC's FCBD issues are Superhero Girls and a reprint of N52 Suicide Squad #1. Last year's was at least a sampling of a few titles from their upcoming line.
Moving up and giving away the 80-page Rebirth Special would probably work out nicely making up for it's sales with exposure.
e: I'd've made that recent Jim Lee Harley Quinn/Suicide Squad thing the FCBD comic instead of an April Fools Special.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Apr 17, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Sure. Don't nominate Tom King for anything, ya buncha maroons.

e: Heh. Didn't see the very first nomination. Still, if putting a mainline DC book is unconscionable, there's Sheriff of blimmin' Babylon.
Guess it's no Silver Surfer.

American Alien for lettering :colbert:

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Apr 19, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

If USG doesn't put a joke about it's 'New Series' nom on it's covers, I'll be disappointed.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

That continuing series list is mystifying.
Are the Eisner's a huge joke in the industry that nobody will openly criticize/scoff at?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

No one should be happy about no one giving a poo poo about their good comics this last year :(

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Apr 21, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Gerard Way's been on the press tour telling everyone Young Animal is being edited by Bond, so I could believe Bleedingcool that it came down not getting anything nominated in the Eisner awards.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Apr 21, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He even mentioned her specifically in an interview on DC's own YouTube show a couple of days ago.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Where's the Zenescope thread? Cause http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/21/zenescope-launches-evil-heroes-from-joe-brusha-and-eric-j/

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Forever Evil with David Finch and all was pretty Zenescopy already. It's fair they take it back.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

According to Bleeding Cool, he completed anti-harassment training to keep working, so there's probably nothing to do until there's another problem.

e:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/21/sexual-harassment-allegations-against-superman-editor-eddie-berganza-revived/

"He underwent a number of sanctions and behavioural modification programmes mandated by Warner Bros Human Resources department – with a reputation for their stringency. I understand that initially, he told colleagues that he was a closeted gay man and that these actions had been as a result of overcompensation. But that didn’t last long. After completing the sanctions to Warner’s approval, Berganza was later given the Superman titles back, was allowed to attend comic conventions again, and I understand there have been no such offences reported since."

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Apr 23, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I'm skimming, but he's just commenting on the way it's being reported, right?
Haven't clicked on the article he's pointing at as better journalism, but eh. The write up seems terribly hyperbolic.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 24, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Superman has a pretty strong line, and after the first few years of using Lobdell and whatever happened with Andy Diggle, makes pretty good moves.
I can't talk for sales or the bad guy's influence, but the Greg Pak/Aaron Kuder pairing was genius, American Alien and Lois and Clark are great, out of the box miniseries, letting Neal Adams do another crazy thing. And despite the unclear Death of Superman connection, I still love Morrison's origin.
Though I didn't like his run under a crossover, Gene Lang was an interesting get. I'm looking forward to seeing him do his own thing with the Chinese Supes.
I'm salivating all over the prospect of the Batman+Robin team (plus Doug Mahnke) getting Superman.
Just hope they're a little less crossover happy than in the N52.

e: Like, whatever you think of DC or Superman, you're gonna be a happy comic book reader with this trade: http://www.amazon.com/Superman-Action-Comics-Vol-Beneath/dp/1401254888

ee: From the toy thread.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 25, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

trashbuilder posted:

what do you think your top five of comics currently being published would be? In no particular order?

Superman: American Alien
Vision
Low
Sheriff of Babylon
Stray Bullets

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ferrule posted:

Not be naive but this is still going on?

There was a ten year break in there.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's the issue after next.
https://twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/724598106235482112
If you're hanging out for Vision, read his creator owned, Sheriff of Babylon.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Space Fish posted:

This explanation will fly for all of five seconds before Rebirth makes Joker anonymous all over again.

The answer is coming months into Rebirth, or rather, they teased the event. They could still not actually say, like so many Nick Furys whispering in Thor ears.

Before the Rebirth showcase, I assumed he'd lose all of the Metron chair answers as soon as he left the thing. I think that's how it should've gone.

On the last page of Darkseid War, Steve Trevor asks Batman what that whole Joker thing was about, and Bruce vows to not rest until he's pushed Metron off of the chair once more.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Apr 27, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Madkal posted:

Also Joker's real name will be Wayne Bruce. Called it.

Woose Brain

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The Last Days of Superman story that's happening now definitively takes place after Darkseid War and Batman's had a costume change directly after getting his brains back that he didn't have before going all Tron in Justice League, but the end of this will probably contradict it having taken place in the past. Shhh. Don't worry about it. Shhh.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I actually love how nothing's bothering with acknowledging it and there are exactly zero series tying in. It's genuinely refreshing.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Apr 27, 2016

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Agreed. As fantastic as the run is, he's entirely divorced from his own history.

Not entirely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Have you read Brubaker's Captain America? It's been a while, but his death in the direct aftermath and "Civil War: The Confession" are probably worth reading as the real ending to the event.

• Locked thread