Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

I'm curious if anyone's managed to get the 800 chain dash reward in the town legitimately? I got to around 300 once before just setting up an autoclicker because it just seemed unreasonable to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

What guns have people wound up liking anyways? I'm just using the laser gun and shotgun. Though I'm still missing a 6th gun, I found an extra one in the water zone but it seems kind of awful.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Zaggitz posted:

Where'd you find it?

In the area behind the full square door in the water zone is a bunch of stuff, and the end reward of it all is a gun that I don't like very much.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Zaggitz posted:

could you do me a favor and screencap your map? I'm trying to figure out where the last piece I'm missing in the east is.

It's too big for one picture so here they are.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Alder posted:

Are the boss fights really that bad? I just started yesterday but I'd really rather than be disappointed if I find out I'll never know what happens next due to my lack of skillz.

They get a lot easier once you pick up chain dash, it kind of feels like it should just be an innate part of your skill set honestly.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

It's not just double tapping, you have to press dash again at the end of the previous one with the right timing, you can actually go theoretically forever if you've got the timing on the chain dash right.

Amppelix posted:

My other complaint besides the shortness is the football minigame. I spent like thirty minutes on beating that bullshit cheating son of a bitch AI and I get nothing for it? :argh:

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I cannot for the life of me find the last piece of the square in the west zone, loads of keys I missed the last time I did a sweep of this place, though.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Pretty sure you also have to be near a projectile when you start dashing or it just doesn't work at all.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Found all the door pieces in the south area, after a neat combat section I got the final gun. It's a supercharged laser gun, no piercing but it does at least 5 damage per shot with 3 shots at max charge&upgraded. Goodbye shotgun.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

flatluigi posted:

Any particular upgrades to prioritize to be able to get secret items?
Only upgrade that's required for any side area stuff is the chain dash, everything else is theoretically not needed, though the dash into bullets ability is really good too, same with the sword charge.

bog savant posted:

Augh I give up I've been looking for hours, where is the key piece directly above the teleporter in the west crystal forest? Is it underground?! I've done that big loop like 5 times looking for it.
How are people knowing exactly what they're missing and what general area? I've gotten all but one key and the square door in the forest and haven't found anything that shows me that sort of info.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Apr 1, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Finally found the last door piece in the west zone, it was in an area I went through multiple times but it was hidden in a secret within a secret at the end, irritating.

Metal Meltdown posted:

Two questions:

1. I've reached the area of the North boss, but there are red blocks blocking my way. There's also slightly different red blocks blocking the way in that dimly lit passageway earlier in the northern level that has a fragment going by the map. How do I bypass these?

2. Once you have the multi-dash upgrade, is it possible to dash again in mid-air or only while grounded? There are a few secrets that are just out of reach and I haven't noticed another path to them.

Multidash is on the ground only, odds are if you haven't found a path to it, it's either related to shooting something that you can barely see from a certain angle or invisible blocks that basically require you to walk along every suspicious ledge in case you get a ? over you which lets you mark them.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Update on the final gun, it seems to actually do seven damage which is pretty absurd. Those crystal golem things have 9 hp I think and it leaves them with 2 so that seems right. Missing 14 gear bits, 1 key and 4 of the tablets as well, those'll be loads of fun to find I'm sure.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well, cleared the arena, you get an outfit for it which doesn't surprise me at all.
Behind the 16 key door is. . . one upgrade fragment and an outfit, still not surprised.

Einwand fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Apr 2, 2016

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I find the combat really satisfying personally, though it's a little bland before you get any of the upgrades/more interesting guns.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

It's its own unique little experience that'll last maybe 10 hours if you aren't obsessively trying to 100% the game, which seems fair for the price. If you're not particularly liking the combat or the visuals than yeah, just refund it and move on.
My only real complaint with the game personally is the total lack of any sort of collection screen, I can understand the game not giving some upgrade that points out every single collectible, but at least having some sort of "there are this many things remaining in this zone" would be really nice considering how many secrets are just vaguely different looking walls that're actually hollow. I'm missing 2 tablets some outfits and 7 upgrade fragments and I haven't any idea where to even begin looking short of just wallhumping the entire game world again.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I'm kind of surprised the last arena challenge was just mixed enemies rather than a boss rush. A way to refight the bosses without just starting the game over would be nice.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

I had that same bug, he keeps showing up and then promptly keels over dead, giving you his outfit each time.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Well I've 100%'d the game although the save file seems to have messed up one of the outfits so I don't get the 100% achievement, whatever. I somehow missed somewhere around 4 gearbits in the square door of the north zone on my first time through.

Bad Seafood posted:

Sounds annoying. Anyway, thanks.

Does chain dashing at least let you cross longer gaps, or is there another ability for that? I've managed to find a lot of secrets on my own, but I also keep seeing some that are just out of reach.
This game has invisible platforms for some of those secrets which I'm not a fan of, others you've probably just missed something that would let you get across like a shoot switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.

Chain dash is by far the most important upgrade, it's just kind of a pain to get used to it. I did the dash challenge in the dash gym? until I got the gear bit from 100 consecutive dashes before moving on, so I more or less figured it out before trying to use it in a fight.

• Locked thread