Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
with the onset of LED lightning and poo poo now, i wouldnt be surprised if the delta between daytime and night power grid load was shrinking a bit. Soon there won't be discount overnight electricity, and in fact it may be more expensive, becuase they know your rear end needs it to get to work tomorrow. you can't fill up a tank of volts for the whole week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a lot of people are suspecting that's a beta/concept car tier dash and that there'll be something else to look at. Nobody's sure right now though

but yeah giant touchscreens are something tesla continues to be teased about. here's the model S. people pay 80,000 dollars for this.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Blistex posted:

The reason for the price difference during the day is from business that operate large electric motors/heaters/machines that use hundreds of times more electricity than a skyscraper's lighting. Car washes, printing presses, manufacturing factories, food processing factories, laundromats, ovens in restaurants, AC/Heating units in offices, bottling plants, recycling plants, sawmills, etc. They all use massive amounts of electricity and are predominantly being used during the day. The load on the grid usually drops off after supper, as people are all using their electric ovens, microwaves and dishwashers, but at night your grid is pretty much dead compared to peak usage during the day.

Power companies would love nothing more than to have a flat rate and just rape us 24/7, but I don't think that it's going to happen for a while.

Right on. I should have thought of the industrial load. Though don't steel mills and refineries cut deals with power company to do their heavy hitting on off-hours in exchange for a discount, when it's possible?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Jastiger posted:

Really want one of thosecars.

dont think the feeling's mutual

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Base model no air conditioning, a/c is a $2k option.

All those Austin fucks bout to have a goooooooood time

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Preoptopus posted:

I see a tons of teslas driving around Madison these days. Cold doesn't seam to stop em.

Actually, it does.

Soon as you get below freezing all EVs start to fall over. Tesla appears to have the best management, to a point, but then it gets stupid the fastest

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Saga posted:

Pretty sure the Tesla S has done well in the UK.

they should in a country size of roughly three american back yards. EVs are brilliant in that environment. No amount of money thrown at tesla or any EV will get you even halfway across the US in a reasonably nonstop manner, whereas the jag would eat it up and beg for more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

wayne curr posted:

So when we getting regular-rear end electric cars? Without the retarded giant ipad and automatic parking and poo poo.

never. according to elon musk and gm, conventional speedometers and common vehicle standards like "climate control vents" are fundamentally incompatible with electric cars and any EV with an actual speedometer bursts into green flame immediately

• Locked thread