Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you own a gun?
I DO own a gun
I DON'T own a gun
View Results

• Locked thread
ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

What .308 bolt action rifle should I buy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Can I just go up a a store and. Be like give me your finest .308 bolt action rifle my good sir

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

We don't need gun permits here btw

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

Shaquin posted:

im gonna level with you guys here and say i really dont give a poo poo about gun control and prefer an armed populace ive just seen that poster around and i dont think they are very good namaste

after seeing that own they attempted, I understand.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

Isaac posted:

Theyre also a novelty in australia no one has guns.
We are allowed to have photocopies of pictures of guns but not the original picture.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

I have a .22 rifle. It's real cute.

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

i do not own a gun, they are not allowed where i live

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Wall Balls posted:

i do not own a gun, they are not allowed where i live

If they were, would you consider getting one?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Man I didn't know guns were so expensive

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014
i've got a ww2-issue mosin and a cute little .22, aside from shooting cans or debating suicide they don't see much use

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Looks like I'm gonna have to hold off on my .308

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

How much should I pay for a working mosin?

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

ethanol posted:

How much should I pay for a working mosin?

i paid like 130 USD for mine but that was back before 'bama. no clue what they go for now :shrug:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I just looked at ammo prices and I think I'll start with a .22 because lmao at ammo prices

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

What kind of .22 should I buy

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
ruger 10/22

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
my buddy has a lever action henry 22 thats loving fun as hell as well and i dont think they are mega expensive either

Bobert Bobertson
Apr 1, 2014

Shaquin posted:

ruger 10/22

that's what i've got and it's fun shooting it with one hand

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Will a .22 fit a Miata?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

Hector Beerlioz posted:

If they were, would you consider getting one?

i shot a big old rifle in texas once and it was fun and scary, so i'd consider getting something cheap and cheerful to put holes in paper now and then

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

ethanol posted:

Model 700 Remington.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

ethanol posted:

Tikka T3

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Yes, a lot of them. Because I grew up hunting, and while I stopped around 16 or so I still enjoy shooting paper at the range with friends/family.

lilbeefer
Oct 4, 2004

I would never own such a thing and everyone that owns a gun should be considered extremely dangerous and should he avoided

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
im not allowed to own guns due to my criminal background op

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
wheres tezzor

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

If you whisper "only 10% of gun crime is committed by legal gun owners" 3 times to your bathroom mirror in the dark he appears.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Do water guns count...

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Teflon Don posted:

Do water guns count...

i have the same question about riot hoses

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

Glock 19, Glock 43, both 9mm easy to clean and maintain. Both are very reliable and fun to shoot. Glock gives discounts to first responders through their blue label program so I probably paid less than 700USD for both. I am saving up for a Springfield M1A rifle and weasel my way into the civilian marksmanship program. I would really love to own a WWII surplus M1 Garand.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

am I allowed to own a gun? 'no!' says the man in Washington, 'it is permitted only for those who can pass a background check'

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
I have played a lot of CoD so you could say I'm something of an authority :smugbert:

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Teflon Don posted:

Do water guns count...

Unfortunately not

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Teflon Don posted:

Do water guns count...

It might count if you get a realistic looking one, paint it black, and start waving it around pointing it at people near a cop.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

do you people really not own anything that's irreplaceable? even as a gun toting goofball i don't think it's ever right to kill someone over property, but the attitude of "who gives a poo poo i have insurance" is weird.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
How do you know the dude who broke in just wants your stuff? And wont hurt you? Especially if its at night, he knows someone is bound to be home.

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

do you people really not own anything that's irreplaceable? even as a gun toting goofball i don't think it's ever right to kill someone over property, but the attitude of "who gives a poo poo i have insurance" is weird.

Take what ever you wan't when i'm not home, most people wont steal my car because car jackers are dumb and can't drive stick around here. But if someone has the balls to break in my house while I am home and watching vape mod reviews id just assume your there for more than my TV.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

by "i don't think it's ever right to kill someone over property" i mean that i'm going to hole up in a room with a gun leveled at the door while i call 911 instead of going "cool, time to kick some rear end" and putting on sunglasses and shooting the guy who's walking out with my microwave

i'm just wondering about the people who think that renter's insurance makes burglary not matter. most people have family heirlooms or at least a few things that haven't been made for several decades.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My friend has a remington 700 and he has the kind of suppressor that makes it even louder. If it werent incredibly illegal he wanted to cut the barrel off to make it louder still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

A FUCKIN CANARY!! posted:

i'm just wondering about the people who think that renter's insurance makes burglary not matter. most people have family heirlooms or at least a few things that haven't been made for several decades.

Many Goons would trade in family heirlooms for steam wallet cards.

• Locked thread