Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you own a gun?
I DO own a gun
I DON'T own a gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Do you own a gun? If so, why? What kind of gun do you own? How much did it cost? How many guns do you own? What do you shoot with it? Conversely, if you don't own a gun why not?

Also, let's do our best to not turn this into a gun legality debate. Nothing good will come of it and you know it.

Ive got 3 guns but they are all Curio and Relic status, I used to go tothe gun range with my dad a lot because it was a fun way to spend a saturday afternoon bonding but then I moved down to LA and they moved up to Redding so its like a 10+ hour drive to see them so now the rifles just sit in my closet. Speaking of I should probably oil them down soon, want to keep them in good condition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

OctoberBlues posted:

This is my piece

I have one of these sitting on my coffee table right now, I used it to shoot the loving pigeons who keep making GBS threads all over and then laying eggs on my drat balcony

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

thathonkey posted:

going to indoor firing ranges is ok.. until you become aware youre in a tiny enclosed space with a bunch of strangers with guns. and you do have dickheads that bring in the loudest poo poo to an indoor range like a steyr aug for example that would do it...

there was this idiot who would show up at the range some afternoons with his deagle which i assume must hve been the 50 cal because of how loving loud it was, like thing seemed 5x louder than anything else anyone was shooting and it would set off all the car alarms every tiem he shot it, gently caress that guy I hated him

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
if you havent ever gone shooting, go buy yourself an old Mosin-Nagant for like $80 at Big 5 and a crate of a million rounds for like another $100 and then go to the range with your old man, its a ton of fun and youll enjoy the time you spent together

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

safetyStanddown posted:

Yeah maybe if you have a time machine to take you back in 2010; good luck with those prices today.

is it cause obummeris taking all are guns? :sigh:

but yeah that was quite a few years back when I got it and the huge thing of ammo, but the ammo should still be cheap I think, its some sketchy Ukrainian surplus that comes in little wax paper packets tied together with twine lol.

My dad has told me that .22 is loving crazy now. We used to buy blocks of 550 for like $8 at walmart and apparently now its like $20+ and hard to even find in stock. Keep in mind though he also lives in a redneck town where there are lots of preppers and poo poo who really do believe the gov is coming in to take their guns and ban the bible and FEMA death camps, etc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

jarofpiss posted:

my mosin nagant was my best investment

yeah super fun rifles and super cheap. I ended up buying an Enfield shortly after I got my mosin nagant because I really like history so milsurp rifles are super cool to me but that was a big mistake of not doing my homework first when I found out .303s were like a buck a round, even after I bought a thing to reload my own it only brought them down to like $.70 a round :doh:

• Locked thread