Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you own a gun?
I DO own a gun
I DON'T own a gun
View Results

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Literal Nazi Furry posted:

with my mental history I highly doubt the us would let me own a gun so I don't bother

And here I had you figured for the sort of literal Nazi furry who regularly searches GunBroker for "WWII SS proofed pistol."

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Ork of Fiction posted:

NE gun nerds know if my fantasy of building a .50BMG version of the 20mm Carl Gustav M42 Recoilless Rifle is dumb or super dumb?

Medium dumb. If you're dedicated enough to find a way for someone to turn out a modern re-chambering of what was basically a tube gun recoilless anti-tank rifle with a production run of less than 1,000 pieces, practicality isn't exactly your watchword. Given that the gun appears to be 95% barreled action, the real challenge would appear to be modifying .50 BMG to be suitable for recoilless operation.

• Locked thread