Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you own a gun?
I DO own a gun
I DON'T own a gun
View Results

• Locked thread
A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

do you people really not own anything that's irreplaceable? even as a gun toting goofball i don't think it's ever right to kill someone over property, but the attitude of "who gives a poo poo i have insurance" is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

by "i don't think it's ever right to kill someone over property" i mean that i'm going to hole up in a room with a gun leveled at the door while i call 911 instead of going "cool, time to kick some rear end" and putting on sunglasses and shooting the guy who's walking out with my microwave

i'm just wondering about the people who think that renter's insurance makes burglary not matter. most people have family heirlooms or at least a few things that haven't been made for several decades.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

how i got my first handgun:

i'd just finished playing through red dead redemption back when it first came out and i thought "cowboy guns seems like a lot of fun" so i walked down the street to the hardware store and bought a ruger single six. turned out that i was right about them being fun so then i bought more guns.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

i thought that i owned like 7 guns but i just now actually thought about it and typed out a list and it turns out that i have 14. 15 if you count a remington 1858 as a real gun.

also a red ryder that gets shot more than everything else combined because i can shoot it in the house.

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

every gun show I've been to is populated exclusively by guys who are convinced they're going to sell their old guns for 200% their actual value and buy new ones for 50% so long as they insist on it loudly enough

well not exclusively there's also the guy at the booth selling swastika armbands. looks like he cleans up pretty consistently

what you mentioned plus:
-guys who set up tables full of guns but also put up a "for display only" sign because nothing is actually for sale, he's just kind of there
-guys who try to sell you beef jerky that really doesn't look like beef or jerky, these guys usually look like the magic bean salesman from ocarina of time
-one actual reasonably good deal on a gun, it will be a guy just walking around with a "for sale" sign instead of someone with a table and it will be snatched up with 10 seconds of him getting there
-usually one to three people walking around wearing full nazi uniforms

A FUCKIN CANARY!! fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Apr 4, 2016

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fn6GFSwTEw

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

GIS "gun stroller"

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

since some people are actually posting their guns for real here's my current favorite gun to shoot

it's a single shot pistol that you stick rifle rounds into, it's loud as poo poo and disrupts the concentration of other people at the range so whenever i shoot it other people stop to quietly joke with each other about my micropenis

i'd wanted one ever since i saw hard boiled as a kid so i bought one and boy was that a good decision

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

this thread is somehow still going so here's my second favorite gun to shoot

i haven't seen .22lr in stock on a store shelf even a single time since early 2013 but it's not too tough to find online if you're willing to go out of your way to look for it/pay extra for match grade ammo

also i wish that pearl grips were available for every gun

• Locked thread