Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's pretty much a new age version of the old 2D zeldas, IMO. What do other imps think. Also it's a few bucks off right now.

Here's 8 minutes of me playing one of the levels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyX6qVuVr6o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
hmm, game looks like a :siren:2d pixel art souls-like with zelda inspired world design and combat, a-la the binding of isaac:siren:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

been following this for a while. it looks very slick

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

apropos to nothing posted:

hmm, game looks like a :siren:2d pixel art souls-like with zelda inspired world design and combat, a-la the binding of isaac:siren:

:homebrew:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it looks pretty cool, but i just wasted 14 bucks on that turd salt and sanctuary, so i'm holding back on games for a while until DS3 comes out.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im hoping the ori and the blind forest remaster magically releases on pc soon. but that prob wont happen so ill pick this up

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I knew I was going to buy this as soon as I saw the shot in the trailer of the hero with his lightsaber drawn staring down the three scary giant guys, so I'm glad it's actually good, apparently.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I knew I was going to buy this as soon as I saw the shot in the trailer of the hero with his lightsaber drawn staring down the three scary giant guys, so I'm glad it's actually good, apparently.

Yeah the trailers were awesome. I didn't know it was out yet but I'll spend some time with this tomorrow.

Good for the guy who made it, finishing it before his lovely heart stopped working.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

AESTHETIC
E
S
T
H
E
T
I
C

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I dunno why, but this game makes me want to play Blood Omen 1.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Bobnumerotres posted:

im hoping the ori and the blind forest remaster magically releases on pc soon. but that prob wont happen so ill pick this up

what's in the remaster? i'd never heard of it

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
also people should post if this game is good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

PleasingFungus posted:

what's in the remaster? i'd never heard of it

two whole big new areas and new powers, the entire campaign was redesigned to fit these areas in and theres more stuff for the new powers. there's now an easy mode, a hard mode, and a hardcore 1-life mode, and you can warp between those recharge stations which is something that rly shouldve been in the original game lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

it was gonna release on xb1 and PC at the same time and like 5 loving hours before the PC release they just pulled it and said "oops were still working on the PC port" and there's still no date or any other announcements on it. 5 loving bucks to upgrade i need it

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat two bosses so far. I've only found one key but like 8 doors. One of which needed like 10 keys to open. So if you loving LOVE games that have secrets everywhere, this is for you.

Apparently there's like, costumes and stuff you can get as rewards but I haven't seen any yet. Probably because I suck at finding the secrets. Anyway the upgrades in this game are sweet. I have chain dash and projectile absorb on my dash, which lets me do sweet rear end poo poo like glide into a big pack of ranged enemies and mess them up.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

two whole big new areas and new powers, the entire campaign was redesigned to fit these areas in and theres more stuff for the new powers. there's now an easy mode, a hard mode, and a hardcore 1-life mode, and you can warp between those recharge stations which is something that rly shouldve been in the original game lol

Bobnumerotres posted:

it was gonna release on xb1 and PC at the same time and like 5 loving hours before the PC release they just pulled it and said "oops were still working on the PC port" and there's still no date or any other announcements on it. 5 loving bucks to upgrade i need it

!

that's bizarre. well, hopefully it comes out at all...

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!

Larry Parrish posted:

I beat two bosses so far. I've only found one key but like 8 doors. One of which needed like 10 keys to open. So if you loving LOVE games that have secrets everywhere, this is for you.

Apparently there's like, costumes and stuff you can get as rewards but I haven't seen any yet. Probably because I suck at finding the secrets. Anyway the upgrades in this game are sweet. I have chain dash and projectile absorb on my dash, which lets me do sweet rear end poo poo like glide into a big pack of ranged enemies and mess them up.

For my first pick I got the sword dash move, if you kill a dude with it they get cut in half.

Also this game manages to pull off a really dark and desperate vibe while using a varied and vibrant palette, which is neat.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

yah it feels kinda dumb to say its dark soulsish these days, but it does the whole incidental storytelling-through-setting thing and has a really pretty design.

secrets every loving where too. I spent like a million hours in the first zone and I'm sure is till missed half the stuff.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

yah it feels kinda dumb to say its dark soulsish these days, but it does the whole incidental storytelling-through-setting thing and has a really pretty design.

secrets every loving where too. I spent like a million hours in the first zone and I'm sure is till missed half the stuff.

It also has combat that is basically 100% dodging around waiting for an opening before you swoop in for the kill, with ranged attacks that are basically intended to just lightly harass enemies while you dodge around

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo. Every time you beat an area, you get this trippy dream where a dark ghost thing murders you a different way. I thought it was just a story thing but it's actually trying to teach you the bosses moveset before you meet him, and it's loving hard. Actually all of the bosses in this game are real challenging.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Larry Parrish posted:

Holy poo poo. Every time you beat an area, you get this trippy dream where a dark ghost thing murders you a different way. I thought it was just a story thing but it's actually trying to teach you the bosses moveset before you meet him, and it's loving hard. Actually all of the bosses in this game are real challenging.

thats a cool idea

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I beat this game in 7 hours without finding pretty much any secrets. You're supposed to collect 4 thingies to fight the boss of each zone, but there's 4 secret ones too in each area. I only found two of those total

There's apparently also some hidden side bosses

Also there's still the NG+ mode to go (2 hp max aka 1 hit from a big enemy or boss, all upgrades unlocked)

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

There's a moment where some dude just silently adds twice the amount of markers to your map signifying doors to unlock. I was already feeling like the areas were massive and now I have all these extra areas that need keys I can't find anywhere.

Owns

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

killed the north and east bosses, now exploring the west. the game is really brutal and it feels good to kill a hard wave of mobs and take no damage, and yeah, there are secrets loving everywhere

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the dash+slash upgrade is very powerful but what it doesn't advertise in the shop is that it consumes half your stamina lol

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Is there a set order to the areas? I started off wandering into the West zone and kinda gotten that mostly done but everyone is talking about north

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

north is just the easiest so its recommended you go there first, but you can go anywhere from the start, and unlock the south route once youve beaten the others

Rhycool
Jul 15, 2012

I like what I see, op. Thanks for reminding me about it.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

north is just the easiest so its recommended you go there first, but you can go anywhere from the start, and unlock the south route once youve beaten the others

Personally I think East is easier than north, and it rewards the shotgun which can one shot most big enemies at point blank range. If you suck at dodging projectiles it could be a nightmare though.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Also there is a boss for each module in South and they are all so loving hard!!! Very rewarding

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

This isn't procedurally generated right?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pumprag posted:

This isn't procedurally generated right?

no, it's a set level design

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im probably halfway through now not counting secrets and stuff and i have to say it's pretty fantastic, but very very hard. the bosses have each taken me 20+ tries lol

extremebuff fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Apr 3, 2016

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

the boss over to the west is very powerful and hurts me a lot

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I like pretty much everything about this game. There's stuff hidden everywhere and its so cryptic about what's going on. Its like trying to figure out some rented NES game with no manual.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so in every area therell be an ally that marks 4 crystals on your map that you need to progress, but there are actually eight in every area and if you get them all you can open the completed crystal door in that area and theres some pretty insane poo poo there

some of the pieces require that you have beaten the boss and taken their weapon though, it really pays to re-explore an area once youve beaten it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the western boss is cool as gently caress and id recommend it as area#2 cause its not as brutal as the poo poo to the east imo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I did the east first and thought that was the difficulty of just the first area lol

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bobnumerotres posted:

so in every area therell be an ally that marks 4 crystals on your map that you need to progress, but there are actually eight in every area and if you get them all you can open the completed crystal door in that area and theres some pretty insane poo poo there

some of the pieces require that you have beaten the boss and taken their weapon though, it really pays to re-explore an area once youve beaten it

Once I clear the requied 4 in the 4 zones I'm gonna record me trying to beat one of the challenge areas in NG+ lol

I streamed clearing East earlier but I spent probably 25 minutes dying to the boss... The bomb plants act differently in NG+ so it was really hard being a one hit kill to all his attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Diaper shite poofter

• Locked thread