Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm still not quite over this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

I don't remember the crowd being that loud.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

quote:

Vince thinks he's made another Undertaken with The Wyatts, so he feeds them to others to get the other people over, which makes a whole lot more sense now.

so vince is officially senile

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Blasmeister posted:

A fitting image for the WWE audience.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Sockser posted:

I want my drat shield triple threat

Honestly, for a brief moment during the event, I thought they might have Reigns and Rollins interfere in the Ambrose/Lesnar match, giving Ambrose the win via triple powerbomb through the table and then reuniting (Rollins would only have to be mobile enough for the one spot). Then after that huge high, Roman goes straight into the main as the only version of Reigns anyone's ever liked to salvage him from the boos, now with his boys back in his corner. I think that actually might have worked because as much as people hate Reigns now, they loving loved The Shield. Even Rollins at peak heel got cheered for that brief tease last year.

I wasn't convinced they'd actually do it, but before the rest of the show's status quo booking dashed my hopes for everything else, I entertained the idea.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

DrVenkman posted:

Vince thinks he's made another Undertaken with The Wyatts, so he feeds them to others to get the other people over, which makes a whole lot more sense now.

Except Undertaker got to win a lot of his feuds?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

sticklefifer posted:

Honestly, for a brief moment during the event, I thought they might have Reigns and Rollins interfere in the Ambrose/Lesnar match, giving Ambrose the win via triple powerbomb through the table and then reuniting (Rollins would only have to be mobile enough for the one spot). Then after that huge high, Roman goes straight into the main as the only version of Reigns anyone's ever liked to salvage him from the boos, now with his boys back in his corner. I think that actually might have worked because as much as people hate Reigns now, they loving loved The Shield. Even Rollins at peak heel got cheered for that brief tease last year.

I wasn't convinced they'd actually do it, but before the rest of the show's status quo booking dashed my hopes for everything else, I entertained the idea.

It might work but it would never happen. After all the time they've spent pushing Roman, a reunited Shield would be the equivalent of Vince just flat out giving up. If anything, at this point, I won't be shocked if Roman keeps getting pushed just to spite the fans.

poo poo, that's what most of Mania felt like anyway - "gently caress the fans, I push who I want"

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Blasmeister posted:

this no joke freaked me the gently caress out which I think is why I'm way more into Triple H's entrance than a lot of other posters

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I didn't expect Cenobites, so I enjoyed it as well.

Andy Dufresne
Aug 4, 2010

The only good race pace is suicide pace, and today looks like a good day to die

Blasmeister posted:

this was legitimately my favorite part of the show

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

abraham linksys posted:

this no joke freaked me the gently caress out which I think is why I'm way more into Triple H's entrance than a lot of other posters

Who wasn't into HHH's entrance? It was pretty much the best part of the show

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It would have been a lot cooler if the guys standing on the entrance ramp looked like that, instead of looking like they were wearing Halloween skull masks

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

triplexpac posted:

I dunno, feels like maybe Taker lost more than he won and I do see the idea that no matter how much he lost taker stayed over (missing key being that he did win at least sometimes)

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

CascadeBeta posted:

A fitting image for the WWE audience.

No joke. That's what I told my friends as we were watching it.

GeneX posted:

I didn't expect Cenobites, so I enjoyed it as well.

I wish John Cena would call his fans "Cenabites."

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm honestly surprised HHH hasn't done a Mad Max entrance.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

triplexpac posted:

That's totally true but he spent like 10 years as a ~*~carpenter to the stars~*~ first.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Blasmeister posted:

It was such a sight to show us.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Rick posted:

That's totally true but he spent like 10 years as a ~*~carpenter to the stars~*~ first.

Lol no he loving didn't, he was one of the most protected guys on the roster until attitude.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

That insider said he thinks that The Wyatts are closer to Boogieman 2 than Undertaker 2.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

my impression of triple h's entrance is that stephanie started talking so i went to go take a poo poo

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I still think it was because someone bet him $20 he couldn't outdo his Terminator entrance.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
Wow that was a really goddamn lovely wrestlemania.

Was the booking really 'have everyone the crowd would prefer to win, lose'? Because it really felt that way. About half way through I started picking the winners based on that premise with 100% accuracy. :/

Like, of all people, why would you have the New Day lose here? The match was basically set up as a 'well New Day has no one interesting to wrestle left so watch them clown on these losers!' Aj losing is equally baffling.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
you see, if all the other faces lose, then when the big dog roman reigns, a face, wins, people will rally behind him

root
Jun 17, 2000

Booska mask replica...
"Dum-de-dum de-dum... I missed the ppv because I had to work so I guess I'll just read the thread to catch up on what happened!" :holy:

(two hundred and eighty-something pages later...)

....:stonk:

DrVenkman posted:

This is insane and stupid on so many levels. I just.... aaaaaaargh....

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Blasmeister posted:

When I saw this I thought "Man next season of Doctor Who is looking awesome."

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

The Reapers have invaded.

No Luck Needed
Mar 18, 2015

Ravel Crew
Was able to get to my seats as Kalisto v Ryback was starting and was able to watch every match. Except Dean v Brock, after the old guys vs the lads we went for a piss/smoke break, to get merch and food. Happened to miss all of Brock v Dean and really didn't care. The crowd was super hyped for Zack Ryder and when I went to smoke the general consensus was that they let Ryder win to make the fans happy because we were not going to get everything we wanted. Was still fun to boo Roman Reins thou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

HerraS posted:

Lol no he loving didn't, he was one of the most protected guys on the roster until attitude.

He didn't do jobs but he didn't "win" his programs.

• Locked thread