Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
Another solid ep though its kinda wild to have everyone in 2044.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

ShakeZula posted:

I actually really loved Cole's reasoning at the end there with Cassie.

Show's really good about nailing those human connection type moments. The scene where Cole basically tells Jennifer to go live for herself was also really touching.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
I think we all knew it was gonna be something like this but I'm glad they're not shying away from the red forest stuff being some kinda end of time fluctuating hellscape.

Side note, I know we got some Continuum fans in here too so if you're really hungry for more time fuckery I thought how Quantum Break the game handled stuff was really good. The live action stuff being handled really well too.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
"hey look it's time jesus"

"My job would be a helluva a lot easier if you hadn't walked the messengers in through front door for a guy who is always going on about traitors"

"says the man whose best friend is a mass murderer"

What a great show.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
It's gonna be hilarious if it turns out that Cole is the witness, but it was somehow Ramse's fault

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
So Cole and Cassie banging created Titan (it only appeared once she made it to the house)...witness has to be their kid right?

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Just watched next week's preview again and there's a short shot of the facility with towers linked with a blue light around the facility. The angle of the camera makes the pattern of the connected lights look like a gear with flat teeth, and above the facility there is a growing light.

Obviously now that I saw that and typed that out, Titan was definitely meant to be a larger function than project Splinter. Splintering a large area? Maybe that's why Katerina's daughter didn't find Titan during her first scouting because the Witness splintered whole facility.

Why they would need to splinter a entire area is a whole other issue. Maybe a way to sidestep the destruction of time?

e: Has Cassie ever explicitly told Cole about the house in the red forest? It's weird that this episode ended with her making the connection but never actually telling Cole why she was freaking out.

My first guess was/is that it's some kinda defense from the end of time. Like a bubble universe failsafe that they can then reco-ordinate and jump back to the past. None of this explains why they would have to kill everyone though so you're probably be closer.

The shot with the lights you're talking about though, my first thought was sealed fortress not mass teleport lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
BACK TO THE FUTURE BABY! I love that they went in this direction.

• Locked thread