Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I definitely need to review S1, people I thought were dead are back for S2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
My DVR cut off as Cole and Reilly were pointing guns at each other. Did I miss anything?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Tortolia posted:

I loaded up the episode on demand because the same thing happened to me, and no. Just a wide angle shot of the two of them pointing guns and looking distressed, then credits.

Thanks, that's what I expected.

Episode was a little disappointing, I don't feel the writing was the same quality as S1. I always admired Cole's laser-like focus on the mission but it goes out the window when he sees Jennifer.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Rocksicles posted:

I love that they are able to bring actors back, having Tigh in it now is just cherry.

12 Monkeys S2 - You don't remember me? That's going to make bedtime awkward.

This show pretty much stomps a mudhole in the rear end of every time travel show.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Continuum started okay but plotwise it was a mess. I liked it but 12 Monkeys is better in every way.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Rhyno posted:

Ahem.

Roger Cross.

How does that dude get so many roles? He was in the Sliders pilot for gods sakes. I recognized him in something from waaay back and he looked very different when young. He now looks more like an older brother to young Roger than an older Roger.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Continuum is like Lost and Millenium in that no one anticipated success and had nowhere in mind for the story to go so it just meanders and doesn't make sense; otherwise it's fine.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Vorgen posted:

So is Deegan totally responsible for the creation of the Red Forest?

*Deacon* and probably, yes. Well except he didn't set any of the events in motion that actually created the forest.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Ramse is okay, I like his character in this show more than most others.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Here you go...
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733949&pagenumber=11#lastpost

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
S2 has really been dumbed down. I like it, it's still leaps and bounds above most syfy series but it has taken a dive over S1. And people are saying it will be cancelled? I don't get that.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
My favorite ep this season. Deacon does rule.

The Witness has to be someone close to Cole with knowledge of what's happened. Cassie would make sense. A doctor with knowledge of everything that happens and yet not willing to hurt Cole. She suffers a loss and decides to undo everything that happened.

wormil fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 29, 2016

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Probably Ramse. His son dies at Titan, a result of his own action.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I rarely get excited during a television show but this last episode riled me up. When Deacon is naked and drunk saying he will go out the way he came in, I laughed like an idiot and my daughter looks up, sees me laughing at a naked man and just shakes her head. My family has zero interest in this show and it drives me crazy.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Building up a supporting character to be this likable ends with that character dying very soon.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I suspect there will be a reset and all the damage done by the time storms will be undone. You know Deacon is going to go out a hero. Or maybe not. But probably. History will change, Colonel Tye will be back but never had a relationship with Jones who will now be in love with him and he won't understand why. Deacon will be an rear end in a top hat again, an awesome rear end in a top hat. Jennifer will go back to 2016 and Jone's daughter will take over the Sisters while she's gone. Cole will continue chasing his tail while Ramse broods and fucks it all up. Cassie will have a kid in the 50's that can't leave and get's adopted out. In a weird twist, Deacon is the Witness and did it all just to gently caress with James Cole for stealing his girl. I think I just wrote S3, syfy can send me a check.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
You may not like Blastron's tone but his review is spot on. S1 was far superior Scifi while S2 drifted farther into fantasy. I have been laboring through terrible SciFi longer than 15 years and I still enjoy this and appreciate it for what it is but felt the same disappointment in S2.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Continuum was good but not half the show that is 12M. It meanders season to season teasing ideas but never fully committing. It reminds me of Lost and Millenium in they were in no way prepared for success and just started pulling things out of their rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Watched Sharknado 3 yesterday and it was surprisingly entertaining. Don't think I've ever seen so many celebrities in one movie. Watching 4 tomorrow.

Tonight we watched Lavalantula and that was fun too. I have 2lava 2lantula recorded, probably watch it next weekend.

edit; oops, wrong thread!!

wormil fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Aug 8, 2016

• Locked thread