Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I actually really loved Cole's reasoning at the end there with Cassie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Ahem.

Roger Cross.

Do you really think there's any chance that Roger Cross won't show up if 12 Monkeys gets even one more season? Are you forgetting basic Canadian law?

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Yeah, I'm actually going to be pretty bummed if Wynnona Earp is dead. It's not a great show, but it's fun and the two lead actresses do a really good job.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

12 Monkeys is the closest thing to a prestige drama Syfy has so far, unless I'm forgetting something. It's based on a property that was actually pretty well received, and everybody involved is great in their roles. Do critics hate it? The budget has clearly been cut back but since the settings have been established I don't really feel the cheapness the same way you do when The Walking Dead just moves the cast into a 2 bedroom house for an entire season.

I'd say The Expanse is their shot at a prestige drama.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

DarklyDreaming posted:

Two days after they killed that character off :v:

Somehow I'm still watching Hell on Wheels to the bitter and pointless end :smithicide:

Hell on Wheels is a good show :colbert:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

We as an audience were completely supposed to side with Cole, right? Because Ramse and Cassie came across as really dumb and short-sighted. When the choice is "go back in time to stop the imminent destruction of the world" or "go back in time to question a guy who might know something, then come back and try to find him based on that information," that's no choice at all. Save the world, then go for vengeance.

They belong in Time Jail. Cole did nothing wrong :colbert:

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

I'm convinced either Cassie or Cole are the Witness. I didn't think much of it before, but when the Tall Man was having his conversation with the Witness in that collapsing/time-shifting house, the wall at one point said something like "Home 1957-1959."Now that both of them are there, and the machine may not be capable of bringing them back reliably, I wonder if they might have to spend an extra length of time back there, and the experience causes one of them to become the Witness.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Am I misremembering something or did we not get the reveal of who released Ramse? It should be obvious to me that it was Marcus but the way he was cloaked in the shot at the door when he released Ramse or when they went to Cassie, it felt like they were trying to introduce a new mystery character.

I'm 99.9% sure I'm overthinking it but that .1% is bugging me.

I think it was just to keep Marcus's involvement a surprise

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Yeah, I liked Continuum but 12 Monkeys is a straight-up better show on almost every level.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

The Witness will still be Cassie, but as portrayed by Roger Cross. No one will comment on the different appearance.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

The problem with Cassie being the Witness is that there is a scene with the Pallid Man who visionquests himself into the house to talk to the Witness where the Witness specifically says I GREW UP HERE.

This last episode basically confirms that it's going to be Cole/Cassie's kid.

I'd need to see the episode again, but all I remember is that it said something like "This was home 1957-1959" or something to that effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Yeah, there's no way it can't be Cole (as the Witness now). They arrived in 1957, and I don't remember how much time passes until the paradox, but after it happens Cole leaves and finds the house. Six months later, sometime in 1958, Cassie wakes up and looks for Cole.

So, Cole got the house sometime in late 1957 and is there by himself until some point in 1958. Presumably we'll see more time pass where something significant happens in 1959.

Actually Cassie takes even longer to get there. They arrive in January 1957, the paradox is in November '57, Cassie is in a coma for 6 months (according to the doctor), then there's another 6 month skip (where she becomes a nurse and has people looking for Cole), and that's when she finds him and the house. So it's probably early 1959 when she arrives at the house.

The real question is where does Cole's assumed time with the FBI agent fits into the timeline now.

• Locked thread