Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

SimonCat posted:

Seriously though, she likes cute thing so I'm going to go with Son of Godzilla next.

Good choice.

A combo of Godzilla VS Mothra followed by Ghidorah is also a good idea- Mothra Larva is great and seeing her own Rodan and Godzilla is fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/ItCameFromBlog/status/1179237908286455808?s=20

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Been watching Mothra vs Godzilla, enjoyed it.

Particularly liked Godzilla acting like a belligerent drunk in his first attack. Just stumbling around and into buildings, pulling down towers on top of himself, yelling angrily.

He's a real prick in this one, it's great

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

There’s this really dumb Godzilla idler game on iOS that I’ve been playing for a week and it’s been real fun because it has like 100+ Kaiju in total and every now and then I run against some weird one I haven’t seen in decades (or at all) and it makes me look up what movie its from so I can go see it. poo poo like Desguidorah and Manda.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Barry Foster posted:

Been watching Mothra vs Godzilla, enjoyed it.

Particularly liked Godzilla acting like a belligerent drunk in his first attack. Just stumbling around and into buildings, pulling down towers on top of himself, yelling angrily.

He's a real prick in this one, it's great

One of those shots was a legit flub, Nakajima stumbled and fell into the castle model. That’s also why Godzilla’s jowls kinda flap in some shots, they were knocked loose by the fall.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
To anyone who has Turner Classic Movies on their tv, tonight they're starting their October long Godzillathon at 8:00. Gojira and then King of the Monsters! to start.

Pyswagoras
Oct 4, 2013

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

There’s this really dumb Godzilla idler game on iOS that I’ve been playing for a week and it’s been real fun because it has like 100+ Kaiju in total and every now and then I run against some weird one I haven’t seen in decades (or at all) and it makes me look up what movie its from so I can go see it. poo poo like Desguidorah and Manda.

What's it called?! Gonna check if it's on Android.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pyswagoras posted:

What's it called?! Gonna check if it's on Android.

Godzilla Defense Force.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Picturing a drunken Godzilla stumbling around in black and white with a sad soundtrack to make an art film.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Picturing a drunken Godzilla stumbling around in black and white with a sad soundtrack to make an art film.

Easily done I'd guess.

Relatedly I was listening to Alan Moore on bbc 6 yesterday playing his favourite/his songs and this one came up. His set up was that if you look at Godzilla's eyes in the later films, his heart's clearly not in it anymore, he's not really enjoying himself. Which made me laugh

https://youtu.be/KEUAtWXPstQ

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

My nine year old Godzilla fan tonight.

Pants Jr.: "Dad, in movies where there's a monster that doesn't wear clothes why do they never have, um..."
Me: "Junk?"
Pants Jr.: [laughing] "Yeah, why don't they?"
Me: "People are silly about that kind of thing, it would be a distraction."
Pants Jr.: "Dad, wouldn't it be great if King Ghidorah had three dongs flapping around as he flew over Godzilla?"

Mr. Funny Pants fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Oct 9, 2019

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You're raising that kid right

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

🐲🐲🐲
:dong::dong::dong:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The boring answer is that reptiles and insects don't usually have external genitalia. No excuse for Kong though.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The boring answer is that reptiles and insects don't usually have external genitalia. No excuse for Kong though.

Gorilla penises are proportionately the smallest of all primates.

You're welcome.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
It does stand to reason that Godzilla could have two dicks, though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Burkion posted:

It does stand to reason that Godzilla could have two dicks, though.

He's just got the one. What, you thought that was a tail this whole time?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Kaiju gently caress. It is canon.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vince MechMahon posted:

He's just got the one. What, you thought that was a tail this whole time?
godzilla is actually just a giant penis with arms and legs.

what, you thought that was radioactive breath?

Violator
May 15, 2003

After how poorly Godzilla 98 was received, I was shocked G’14 had anything to do with monster reproduction with the MUTOs.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
In the ancient Hebrew; it's name was three dongs

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rewatching KotM, and I just realized at the end, when Charles Dance acquired the severed Ghidorah head, that was the "Curly" of the three heads he was buying.

Man, what would a clone of that one be like?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Davros1 posted:

Rewatching KotM, and I just realized at the end, when Charles Dance acquired the severed Ghidorah head, that was the "Curly" of the three heads he was buying.

Man, what would a clone of that one be like?

The other heads are Larry and Curly, of course

The tail is Shemp

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

The wings are Joe Besser and Joe DeRita

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
It's Kevin, not Curly. :colbert:

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Burkion posted:

You're raising that kid right

I just ask myself, "How would Mr. Rogers have handled this?"

Edit: Forgot to mention, I had to edit the original post because he just had his ninth birthday. His favorite present was the big NECA King Ghidorah, the one that has a detachable Kevin head. Last night before bed he told us he'd lost the head and he was almost in tears.

(I found it.)

Mr. Funny Pants fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Oct 9, 2019

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmMzJbOpU3o

This is actually really good.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

That really was a pretty drat well-choreographed battle. In my Shin universe, the particle beam is way more powerful than they had it, but Legendary is so much faster and dexterous, if he avoids the particle beam, Shin blows his wad and is then helpless.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Yeah but then we wouldn't have G14 getting blown off of Shin's back by his spine lasers.

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Arcsquad12 posted:

Yeah but then we wouldn't have G14 getting blown off of Shin's back by his spine lasers.

Correct, it would be hard to make a dramatically interesting fight going with my parameters.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Seeing the two of them next to each other really highlights their differences. G14 is a realy, incredibly huge animal, while Shin is this radioactive thing that shouldn't be. They're going far with that in their effects/editing reel.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I appreciate how G14/19 is willing to get up and close in his battles. He uses his jaws as a weapon more than any other Godzilla. He just takes a bite and then puts his weight into the charge to bowl over his opponents and drag them to the ground. It's a nice change from most of the Heisei and Millennium fights where it's a laser blast standoff.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I appreciate how G14/19 is willing to get up and close in his battles. He uses his jaws as a weapon more than any other Godzilla. He just takes a bite and then puts his weight into the charge to bowl over his opponents and drag them to the ground. It's a nice change from most of the Heisei and Millennium fights where it's a laser blast standoff.

Same. I like it that he'll just stomp on your head to get it done.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

JBP posted:

Same. I like it that he'll just stomp on your head to get it done.

I imagine trying to get the practical suit to bite something would be hellish, which is why it never featured in suit-based movies. I wouldn't at all be surprised if a new Toho Godzilla had a similar shift in arsenal.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

There have been bites before. Godzilla does it to batra in Godzilla vs mothra

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
and then there's basically all of Godzilla Raids Again. Of course, a lot of that was done with crummy-looking puppets...

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
He definitely bites, it's just never been his primary attack since the beam spam started. G14 uses his breath as a finisher rather than an opener.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

All Monsters Attack on TCM

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Wait a fuckin minute I ain't seen a one with Minilla in it before, he talks?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waffleman_ posted:

Wait a fuckin minute I ain't seen a one with Minilla in it before, he talks?

That's not the 'real' Minya

All of the Godzilla stuff is happening inside the main kid's head. So Minya is able to do stupid poo poo that he doesn't do in the series proper