Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

love will find a way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

BattleTech posted:

I've got a free Ultra Violet code for Shin if anybody want's it.

I would happily take this off your hands if you've still got it. Then I just have to figure out how to convince people to watch it.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

E-flat posted:

???: I've seen gifs of this guy in the thread, the one with the scythes that looks like the pokemon Bisharp, he was a pretty good threat

I think you mean Gigan, you should watch that one again because it fuckin' rules. In my top 5 easy.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

I read that as sincere since last time I was paying attention to anime teenagers were orders of magnitude more common than twentysomethings

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

K. Waste posted:

Terror kicks rear end, easily the best of the '70s films and I think still up there with the best Goji movies of all time.

Absolutely. Terror was my favorite as a kid and it holds up really well.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Cythereal posted:

I just finished rewatching G14 for the first time in quite a while, and although the human parts of the movie are pretty bad, God drat was that a good Godzilla and gently caress everyone who said he wasn't in the movie enough - there was plenty of him in full view, the movie just enjoyed teasing the audience and whetting the appetite first.

The movie gives him a respectable amount of screen time, but as you noted the human stuff is so bad that it's kind of hard not to miss him whenever he is not the center of attention.

G14 was a weird viewing experience; as a complete movie I hate it, but as a series of isolated vignettes it's like 70% really excellent.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

The device stuff ruined the fight in KotM - when Ghidorah is actively paying attention to and trying to murder a single tiny human but can't, it completely undermines the attempted superstorms-by-existing grandeur. So he already looks like a clown by the time Godzilla shows up, and also all of the garbage human characters are still alive to waste screen time and oxygen.

The more time passes on it the more I hate that movie. Gonna go watch Gigan again to remind myself that good human-side plots and characters are possible in a Godzilla movie.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Violator posted:

I still have faith in GvK, but I had faith in KOTM, too.

I think most of us did; I didn't love 2014 as much as most people but it was pretty good, and it was hard not to get sucked into the pre-release hype when thinking about + seeing stills of Ghidorah getting that treatment.

How you can have faith in GvK after what we actually got, on the other hand, I do not know and I am a little jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

all of the monster scenes are outstanding

all of the human scenes are garbage

badabing badaboom

And that would be fine even except they kept smushing human scenes into what were supposed to be monster scenes!!!

Yes I am still mad about the stupid loving Ghidorah chase