Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This looks amazing and I cannot wait. But I highly disagree with your opinion of Godzilla 14. Edwards did a superb job of building up suspense and the slow burn paid off. That Godzilla was a force of nature and I think even more screen time would have cheapened it. At least in his first movie.

We are probably going to get more action if the rumors of Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah are in the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Also, that loving tail is like 3 times as long as before.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gonna need a modern update on Jet Jaguar tyvm.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Actually Aaron Taylor Johnson was perfectly serviceable as a army guy with a distant, hosed up dad who just returned from a army mission being shell shocked that there is a 100-story monster running around the globe chasing 2 other monsters the size of skyscrapers.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It can end like Conan - Godzilla and King Kong sitting on their thrones.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Start with the 90's stuff - which I think begins with Biollante. Then go from there up until Destroyah. It's normally called the Heisei era.

Shift back to the 70's for some more goofy stuff but cool monster on monster action. Pick from anything - it's all good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

SH MonsterArts going down the line of NECA with repaints of existing molds at a premium. loving lazy poo poo.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

If you are talking about NECA, their license only allows them to do Godzilla figures.

Check out NECA's line of the same Predator mold but this time it has BLOOD or GLOWS IN THE DARK.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo it looks so good.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress yeah.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Bimmi posted:

I may regret asking this, but what was bad about the AoT movies? Have never seen them, the anime, or the manga.

It just loving sucks. Not in a "MY ANIMES" (I actually enjoyed the series but don't watch anime on a regular basis) - just in a trash film that is boring.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I can't seem to pull anything up for Canada. Which basically means nothing near Winnipeg. Probably just in Toronto and Vancouver as loving usual.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Swiss Knight posted:

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but Canadian theaters have been added to the Funimation Godzilla site. And for the guy who was lamenting the lack of Calgary theaters, both Eau Claire and the far superior Landmark Country Hills are included.

Yay Winnipeg!!!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I guess this isn't playing every day? I have dates for 2 Wednesdays and 1 Monday. :/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Finally saw this and loved every single bit of it, from the original music (LOVED that they took from King Kong vs. Godzilla which is my fave version) but sound effects and even his roar is just rips from the old movies.

I understand that there was some funny parts (the noodles, the American scientists and the guy screaming eureka for a small dose) but one guy in front of me just kept laughing at anything -- it really took me out of things. Like even during the serious stuff where theres death and destruction - this guy is just whooping it up. Also, for the love of god - deodorant -- please -- shower too. It was loving terrible. Smelly was a different guy too.

Before going in I wasn't 100% sold on the form and I am actually kinda happy he doesn't transform back into the classic look. It's loving horrifying.

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 25, 2016

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hatter106 posted:

Has the concept art that was shown at Comic-Con featuring the Legendary Rodan, KG and Motha ever been released or leaked?

I hope so! Would kill to see that!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I love that shot of him just walking around in the water. Can't wait!

John C. Reilly makes everything great.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I grew up watching King Kong Lives which is the sequel to the 76 movie. And I have a huge soft spot for it's insane cheese.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I'm the worst G-Fan as I've never seen Space Godzilla!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Gheedorah IS Doom. :3:

That is an amazing album though - gonna listen to that set tonight!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Ramadu posted:

So I just saw this and uh

what the gently caress was that final shot of his tail supposed to be? :stare:

I also think this is the Godzilla movie with the most amount of unintentional hilarity in it. Just wow, I couldn't stop laughing through some of it.

You were the annoying guy in my theater laughing at things outside the obvious things played up for comedy.

Reminds me of the time I watched the documentary on the band Anvil and how depressingly terrible their lives were -- but kept laughing out of nowhere.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pizza tail.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sequel title was sent out

King of the Monsters

http://nerdist.com/godzilla-and-pacific-rim-sequels-get-new-titles/

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Godzilla vs. King Kong is playing next week and I think I am gonna hit it up. Hopefully no smelly nerds this time (I can't believe it happened but it truly did).

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

What the gently caress is this?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Jesus, for-loving-ever.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Detective No. 27 posted:

Who did they waste in the last movie?

ERMAGHAD BRYAN KRANSTON!?!?!!

...I hate that poo poo, glad he died.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Why can't my army guys be crazy action guys instead of a man who is stunned that a giant lizard has shown up on earth.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

A narrative about how calm rationality is useless in the face of nuclear dinosaur god doesn't really work if your leading character is already a nutbar in act one.

Is he?

I haven't watched it in a while but I remember him just coming back from a tour, seeing his wife and son for a day then getting called to Japan cause his dad is in loving jail. And it's something he's been dealing with his entire life. Kinda wears one down. Or are we talking about different thing? :3: haha

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New trailer out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dF83zsTIMQ

The scream from G14 is there. I loving love that.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Szmitten posted:

That looks really, really cheap.

Anime.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vct7nZRdXtw

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

King Ceaser.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Kong is REALLY good. I am actually considering buying it and I haven't bought anything since... well, Godzilla 2014.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

It's a new Hedorah. Open your minds.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Unlocked: Monarch Classified File #63061 – Temple of the Moth, Yucca Province – E. Russell #MonarchSighting

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Cant wait to watch this again. I didn't want to download that chopped up version. I hope the US version has good extras.

The Kong commentary with Jordan Vogt-Roberts is amazing! He goes into so much detail about things and even talks through the credits. I was sad when it ends as he literally goes right past the stinger too.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just finished another watching and goddamn, what an amazing movie. Sought out some of the tail shots as the guys in the extras talked about them being discussed online and fuccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I bought on bluray this week at best buy. Love the black case too which is a weird thing to like but it matches the art.

Also apparently it's up on YouTube. :3: Unsure how long this will last but it's been a month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSsQAIcyQe8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Oh man, a stand alone Ghidorah movie could be so good in the right hands. A menace from outer-space just loving things up. Not sure how you'd end it tho...

He fucks off after ruining stuff?