Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

I had no idea this existed. And, as cool as the Halo trailer was, this was even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Maxwell Lord posted:

But they never did make Star Godzilla...

Star Godzilla sounds so very 1970's.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Cythereal posted:

This might be the most hyped I've ever been for a movie.

I am 50 years old, and would have thought I was beyond getting hyped for a movie.

I was wrong. I am so hyped for this.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

I am also 50. I remember thinking that Ghidorah in any form resembling his classic version would be kind of corny in a modern one. I'm so goddamned looking forward to this.

This.

I thought the cheese factor would be too much. It won't be.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

dentist toy box posted:

Never trust mainstream critics.

FIFY

But, seriously, they rarely, if ever, like the fun stuff. I am now 50, yet I am more stoked for this movie than I have been for any movie in years.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Animal-Mother posted:

If you were lucky like I was, you grew up with Godzilla marathons running on TNT and had the VHS tapes long enough to record three or four of them in a row.

In Milwaukee there was a local channel that ran monster movies every Friday or Saturday (not sure which) night when I was a kid. That was my first exposure, and I have been hooked ever since. I do remember the ads they ran for that featured Joe Cocker's "You Are So Beautiful" while showing closeups of Gamera or Godzilla.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
Not entirely sure this is the right thread for this, but I just saw Rampage for the first time after avoiding it. Most game to movie projects are just awful.

Rampage was fun. Just what I want in a kaiju movie. Not much more to add, no deep thoughts about man's inhumanity to man or anything. Fun to watch, which is all I was looking for.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Uncle Wemus posted:

If Lena Dunham's film school movie can be in the Criterion then so too can Space Mutiny

This is an idea I can get behind.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

McSpanky posted:

An awesome as hell video in the recommendations from that one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7RXf-KMY4w

If it doesn't seem that impressive, put on your headphones with bass boost and turn it up until you can barely handle the volume of the narrator.

Yeah, Dangerville has some fun Godzilla vids.

And thanks for reminding me of that one, I had not watched it yet.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Urdnot Fire posted:

There’s a couple Godzilla t-shirts available today only. The Hedorah one in particular is badass: https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/1185782790282981377

That does look cool. Ordered.

Like I need yet another nerdy T-shirt. But it is what it is.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
https://twitter.com/theyetee/status/1185782790282981377/photo/1

Thanks to this thread, I am now the proud owner of the Hedorah t-shirt. Thanks for posting that!

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Chronojam posted:

And yesterday the Ghidorah one arrived for me

Nice.

Does that mean we meet up in Tokyo now? Flatten it together?

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Vintersorg posted:

Mondo is doing a bunch of shirts, a hoodie and long sleeve for G's 65th anniversary this Thursday. Also some pins.

https://mondotees.com/blogs/news/new-godzilla-apparel-collection

That Destroy All Monsters longsleeve is so loving rad.

I need to quit reading this thread. I am spending far too much on T-shirts.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Detective No. 27 posted:

If you haven't got it yet, Shin Godzilla on Blu-ray us $5 on Amazon.

Thanks for that tip! I will pass that on to a couple people I know who like kaiju stuff, but don't happen to be goons.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
I just found out that Atragon is now streaming on Prime. And I am off of work tomorrow, convenient.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does it have English subtitles? Dang, I don't think PS5 or Xbox players would be able to play the region anyway.

This version that I bought last year has subs. Thanks to someone in this thread posting it was only $5 at the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071S71D4N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
I loved it. 7/10? Maybe 8. Felt like a Showa era movie with 2021 visuals. Corny, a bit. But the 8 year old me watching channel 18 on Friday (Saturday?) nights back in Milwaukee many years ago would have loved it. Never outgrow your inner 8 year old.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
According to Instantwatcher, most of the Gamera movies dropped on Prime today. Going to check that out once I get home.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nX5h35TuKc

Fun vid.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait
The Official Godzilla Compendium is for sale at a minimum of $84 on Amazon? Makes me almost tempted to put my copy up for sale.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

My copy's beat to hell but I'd never part with it anyways, it opened my world up to the 90s films and Godzilla fandom. Looking back now it's pretty shallow, Toho-sanctioned product and obviously not as deep or interesting as Ryfle or Kalat, for example, but I still love it.

Yeah, mine is in good condition. But, as tempted as I have been over the years due to the prices I have seen them going for, just can't bear to part with it. I bought mine back when the only 90s films were available on bootleg VHS.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Karloff posted:

EDIT: Spoke too soon, but apparently he has another book called Godzilla vs. The World in the works

That good news, just followed him on Amazon so I know when it comes out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Thanks! This will be the perfect gift for someone I know.