Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Burkion posted:

There are four little people there.

Maybe we'll get quintuplets

The Mothra trilogy had three sisters so the next step is four sisters obv.

Edit: Finally got a chance to watch Shin, it was pretty good. Sad I didn't notice it run thru theaters.

duz fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Mar 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Chronojam posted:

Is there a suggested viewing list for these? I've seen the original and a smattering of others over the years, plus the US ones.

When I watched all of them back in January, I used the IMDB "connections" page for the original to figure out the order. I didn't search too hard to see if there were fan sites that had a better list.

Also, Sally Forth this past month has been having the family at a made up Kaiju theme park since the writer is a big kaiju fan:

duz fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Jul 17, 2017

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Choco1980 posted:

Sally Forth has always been the innocuous family comedy of the newspaper comic strip world, waffling between mushy and silly. And the writer's love of cheesy b-movies has long been something integrated into the family's life.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

Fallout is the result of radioactive debris falling back to earth, right? An explosion at sea probably wouldn't produce much.

Yeah, water never falls from the sky.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Szmitten posted:

I only know 1/6 of those.

edit: the pop things I mean

You should give Stranger Things a shot.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

agreed, fairy twins or bust

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Mantis42 posted:

Maybe there could be, like, 5 goddamn King Kongs.

And they each pilot a giant ape robot that combine together to form an even gianter ape robot?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Shea Whigham had the best death in skull island.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

I forgot Space Godzilla was in it while watching it. Feel free to skip it.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Paper Kaiju posted:

You say that as if the internet needs to be forced into sexualizing anything.

???

duz
Jul 11, 2005

IMB posted:

how the hell is Kong vs. Godzilla going to live up to this

It's actually going to be a custody battle over the Mothra Larva ala Kramer vs Kramer.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I will 100% forgive Monsterverse for all their stupid poo poo if they do Jet Jaguar.

That would help make up for the lack of Infant Island fairies in the prior movie.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Leading up to the reveal of the underground Iwi leader I really expected her to be a twin of the little girl. Kind of a shame the Mothra twins thing was already used (poorly) by KotM

Same, it's just not a proper Mothra intro if the twins aren't present as well.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Heal with huge drums of what had to be hundreds of gallons of medication specifically for frostbite.

Those were just Full Heal potions that can cure any status condition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duz
Jul 11, 2005

chiasaur11 posted:

You know, in the old days, people planning on piracy didn't announce it in advance. Helped keep plausible deniability, meant less trouble for everyone. Doing things this way dramatically increases the odds of Toho lawyers getting ticked.

The Internet Archive is a valuable service for everyone. Putting it in danger to see a film a few weeks early strikes me as a questionable move.

As long as they follow the DMCA, the IA will be fine. The IA's much bigger worry at the moment is Chunk Wendig suing them over having his books available for rent in their digital library.