Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Smoking Crow posted:

unrelated to horney, but i learned recently that iron galaxy almost worked on a clayfighter reboot instead of KI

imagine how cursed that would have been
The creatures wearing Interplay's face as a mask were mooting a Clayfighter reboot (subtitled "Call of Putty") as far back as the Wii days. We have dodged so many bullets without knowing they were there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all
can't believe I'm saying this. I am glad that the clayfighter series was not tarnished by a reboot

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

Smoking Crow posted:

primal rage and ballz 3d are the only games left after the great horney purge of 2020

Isn't one of the Primal Rage finishers peeing on your opponent?

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
Clay fighter 2: glazed and confused

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Fighting Games Thread V: A Horny Read

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

chumbler posted:

I will make the world's first Socially Acceptable Fighting Game Your Girlfriend Won't Judge You As A Horrible Sex Pervert For.

*Travels back in time to make Gundam Wing Endless Duel*

You say that and then she wonders where all the cute boys are from and welp

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

One thing I think we can all agree on is put Tallgeese in Tekken 7. Don't pass up the chance to determine which is the superior Geese, Harada.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

chumbler posted:

Don't pass up the chance to determine which is the superior Geese, Harada.
The Horrible one drops as second character of S4 and instantly becomes X-tier

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

You say that and then she wonders where all the cute boys are from and welp

Its a crime the Treize has not been playable in any of the gundam fighting games.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

Ryoga posted:

Its a crime the Treize has not been playable in any of the gundam fighting games.

They stuck him in the Epyon in Gundam Battle Assault 2 back on the PS1. He's in the Tallgeese 2 in MaxiBoost.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Everyone keeps talkin bout Tallgeese but never Shortgeese.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

After Gon, I don’t think anyone wants a short character in Tekken anymore.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

If you're ever not crouching as Ganryu you're doing something wrong so we basically have a short character

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Voxx posted:

can't believe I'm saying this. I am glad that the clayfighter series was not tarnished by a reboot

Having revisited the series I want to say that if a remake or reboot ever happened it gets rid of how incredibly racist the games were

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

chumbler posted:

I will make the world's first Socially Acceptable Fighting Game Your Girlfriend Won't Judge You As A Horrible Sex Pervert For.

*Travels back in time to make Gundam Wing Endless Duel*
noin is pretty hot tbh

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Having revisited the series I want to say that if a remake or reboot ever happened it gets rid of how incredibly racist the games were

my favorite thing about clayfighter is the story where they had plans for a character named hobocop, half-hobo, half-man, all cop, but they removed it for fear of offending the homeless.

This is a character in Clayfighter:

quote:

Kung Pow is a chinese chef who is also skilled in martial arts, and often times gets the two mixed up. Resembling a bucktoothed Bruce Lee he wears a white gi and sports a bowl cut. His dialoge is peppered with bits of "oriental" wisdom.

He also has tons of Street Fighter moves, because Japan and China are the same.

Hairy Right Hook
Sep 9, 2001

Hee to the ho
MvC3 on sale on steam. This is a good game right?

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Jawdins posted:

Yes that’s one you want

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Jawdins posted:

ya

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Endorph posted:

noin is pretty hot tbh

I want Lady Une to headshot me with a pistol after she pushes me out of a plane

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

was clayfighter horny at all

years ago I casually tweeted about Clayfighter one time and was almost immediately responded to by someone whose entire twitter account was dedicated to roleplaying as the character Taffy and I can only assume he was a massive pervert

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

kirbysuperstar posted:

I want Lady Une to headshot me with a pistol after she pushes me out of a plane

Who doesn't?

Kobold Sex Tape
Feb 17, 2011

Jawdins posted:

it's really fun to lab in. the netcode is atrocious so if you want to fight other people online you'll need to do parsec stuff.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Endorph posted:

my favorite thing about clayfighter is the story where they had plans for a character named hobocop, half-hobo, half-man, all cop, but they removed it for fear of offending the homeless.

This is a character in Clayfighter:

He also has tons of Street Fighter moves, because Japan and China are the same.

i'm beginning to think clayfighter might suck rear end...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

sharrrk posted:

i'm beginning to think clayfighter might suck rear end...

There is also rastafarian voodoo man with big nose and lips and 3 indigious cannibals stacked on top of each other like a totem pole

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

KungFu Grip posted:

ok so they do this (including I guess completely removing the clearly insanely racist caricatures) but then need to up the amount of gross out humor and clay puns to compensate. to make matters better they have Doug TenNapel as a producer so we get at least 3 lgbtq references in.

KVeezy3
Aug 18, 2005

Airport Music for Black Folk

Gutcruncher posted:

Sounds like it’s just one of the “don’t wanna play anime” option select excuses. Just say you don’t wanna play anime (except dbz cuz like cowboy bebop that doesn’t count)

Real hurthling! posted:

.... also stop worrying what people think of your pervert characters its 2020.

Why shouldn't a fighting game's particular aesthetic influence one's engagement with it? Are giant anime titties really such an uninteresting concept as to warrant dismissal at any trepidation?

KVeezy3 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 26, 2020

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

trying to figure out art of fighting 2 and coming to the conclusion that snk hosed this one up pretty badly. you'd have no clue they were going to make kof94 the same year or that they'd already made noted good game samsho, this feels like Developer's First Fighting Game in the worst way

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

None of the AoF games are good.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

aof 1 was good in a janky tick-throw rocket-tag way. it felt reasonable as a followup to sf1 that hadn't learned the same lessons from sf1 that sf2 did, but made some innovations in other areas, basically the same vibe as fatal fury 1. aof 2 though is pretty dire.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Jazerus posted:

aof 1 was good in a janky tick-throw rocket-tag way. it felt reasonable as a followup to sf1 that hadn't learned the same lessons from sf1 that sf2 did, but made some innovations in other areas, basically the same vibe as fatal fury 1. aof 2 though is pretty dire.

It was still the brightest and flashiest of its day with its pseudo-HD graphics. I mean look at the characters, they're huge! Robert's way bigger than Guile!

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Victory Position posted:

It was still the brightest and flashiest of its day with its pseudo-HD graphics. I mean look at the characters, they're huge! Robert's way bigger than Guile!

the graphics are beautiful. genuinely a deeply aesthetically pleasing game, especially with modern upscaling, but it's too bad about the attached gameplay

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Jazerus posted:

the graphics are beautiful. genuinely a deeply aesthetically pleasing game, especially with modern upscaling, but it's too bad about the attached gameplay

This is true.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

It was weird to find out Robert is actually supposed to be hot, because those pants have always looked terrible and the rest of him looks like Steven Seagal.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

kirbysuperstar posted:

AOF3 has a hardcore jp arcade tourney scene

it's worth your time but i wouldn't play it over kof 98 or any of the real bout games

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
AOF3's interesting for how weird it is but I don't think it's fun or even that nice to look at.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

aof3's sprites are interesting as like a precursor to how they did kof13's sprites

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
There's a Steam Sale ( and maybe not such a good idea, Xbox Sale ) on and im looking to round out my Fighting Game stuff.

I have Mk11, X, Injustice 1+2, KOFXIV, SFIV, Tekken 7, and Cross Tag Battle. Ive dabbled in all of them, but am actually looking to get deeper into something. I really enjoyed MK and Tekkken and Cross Tag.

Mk11 keeps throwing fits on my system and im tired of getting Netherrealm jank to work however.

Any recommendations on what to pickup? Is it worth actually picking up anything on xbox? And is there anything really playable online the way tekken suddenly seems to be?

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

Talkc posted:

There's a Steam Sale ( and maybe not such a good idea, Xbox Sale ) on and im looking to round out my Fighting Game stuff.

I have Mk11, X, Injustice 1+2, KOFXIV, SFIV, Tekken 7, and Cross Tag Battle. Ive dabbled in all of them, but am actually looking to get deeper into something. I really enjoyed MK and Tekkken and Cross Tag.

Mk11 keeps throwing fits on my system and im tired of getting Netherrealm jank to work however.

Any recommendations on what to pickup? Is it worth actually picking up anything on xbox? And is there anything really playable online the way tekken suddenly seems to be?

I enjoy Street Fighter V Championship Edition, and you get a lot for the :20bux:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mortal Kombat 11, Tekken 7, and Soul Caliber 6 are on Game Pass so I would not recommend buying those on sale.