Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
please note that the OP is incomplete and will be finished sometime in june when brosnan posts a youtube video. you can also unlock other posters like zand and gwyrgyn blood a later date through shitposts or zenny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
shingo nary-mai

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

interrodactyl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykP6lFCvdHM

hello please watch one of the greatest fg sets of all time

what is this game called and why are the microshimmies so fast

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
garou is really fun until you learn the game which is why its pretty highly regarded among the general populace but has no competitive scene. its a really good Do Some Moves game and if you're goofing off with bad ppl it owns (moreso than most games)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i really like that in the sense that it has the does not give a gently caress sensibilities of a 90s game

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
basically its a thing i want to exist in this world, but have no interest in paying for

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
also thats probably got the best animation ive seen out of any random shitter game on the planet

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Chev posted:

As I said, it's not just the sound design, the sprites are voltroned from existing fighting games too.

any examples? curious since i didnt actually recognize anything

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Chev posted:

Here's the best known one. The "All new HD explosion" on the IGG page is a metal slug explosion run through an upscale filter, too.

okay yeah, the old guy looked weirdly like fei when i first saw it but the others didnt seem to do it so i guess i tucked it away in the back of my head and was like probably just a coincidence since i didnt notice anything else.

rip.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
overwatch is fighting game of the year, imho

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i thought disney infinity was doing pretty good? that sucks.

the issue has everything to do with disney wanting full control over every little aspect of marvel and wolverine having a divekick is against the Greater Marvel Universe Vision so i doubt itll happen. with their own game studios they can do that kinda stuff. also lol if capcom gives a poo poo about marvel after previous sales.

what might be more plausible is seeing the old games pop up on stores again, at least. or a new remaster. but even then, ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, probably not given the amount of lawyering marvel/disney love.

seeing marvel 3 on ps4 without the slowdown would be dope but it'll probably end up with 15 frames of input lag for no reason.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i watched some random kof14 footage and hey this game looks fun and like an actual fg cool maybe ill play it hahaha just kidding i dont play fgs anymore

seriously tho it feels like everything was outsourced to china

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
it has the tone of a f2p mmo

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

AnonSpore posted:

This is the face of a man who would murder you and your newborn child in cold blood

but only because you have a video of one of his zato combos

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

You have this backwards actually, it was Kuroda who got mad at Ogawa for stealing his combo/playstyle.

It's made even funnier because in the past year or so they've actually done several streams together, and Kuroda willingly showed Ogawa a XRD Zato combo that he came up with, and now everybody uses.

i know thats what happened but ogawa would still murder 2 people over it

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
guts is fine its just never clearly communicated in any capacity in addition to often being paired with damage modifiers instead of variable hp

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
ggac
vs
a2

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
blc died because funcom is a garbage company and also the game wasnt really that appealing to play unless you were super interested in Gittin Gud

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Pomp posted:

Riot had (has?) exclusivity agreements that prevented events (e.g. dreamhack) from hosting similar games.

They also more recently attempted to ban teams with LoL teams from having teams for other mobas.

esports is loving garbage.

blc was dead before riot even had an esports division dude. you can project that in other ways sure, but blc was straight up doorknob status before player contracts were even a thing.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
overwatch is the best fg anyway.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

General Morden posted:

rising thunder was made to get riot game's attention probably

most of the playstation allstar dudes that didnt move onto radiant all got jobs at riot and a few radiant employees worked at riot before moving over to radiant.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
when i was like 15 we all got ggxx for some reason i dont understand and we just played it literally all day after school when not playing war3 or beatmania until we were somehow decent at fighting games

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Brosnan posted:

Tekken has throws, command throws, air throws, crouch throws, ground throws, chain throws, hit throws, and throw launchers.

Play Tekken.

ugh look at all this complicated garbage what happened to just Throws

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

anothergod posted:

Yes. It's Zelda x Street Fighter. We're showing off the multiplayer version. Right now there's 1 arena, but we're hoping to have another 2 by Memorial Day Weekend.

https://interdimensional.itch.io/super-combat-jr-ii

That's the itch.io page. There's a trailer and some gameplay vids. Check it out. We're in it for the long haul, so check it out.

i cant tell whats happening

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
clarity is the single most important visual aspect of a competitive game.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i wonder what all of the most popular competitive pc games have in common.

*studies intensely*

musta just got lucky.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

NecroMonster posted:

voxels are like only an appropriate choice when they facilitate gameplay, like, minecraft doesn't use those things because of how they look

so why the christ are you using voxels

its cheap

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
and theres nothing wrong with going "hm we dont have a budget for a thing, we'll just have to make do", but i think something like very minimalistic 3d models with strong colors and borders would have done a much better job. necropolis and superhot being good examples (though still probably out of range)

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
reverse beat was a really interesting mechanic

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Endorph posted:

baiken is in revelator cutscenes

yesssssssssss

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
feedback is something you fight about internally not externally

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

the coolest part of this stage is instead of white dust all the jump/dash effects are red too

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
malt vinegar on chicken is kind of delicious

also when does dizzy come out

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
its probably not on pc so all of the gambling goodies can be hosted client side lol

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
like i mean they would have to write the engine from the ground up to work on pc (which given nrs record is lol), require an internet connection 24/7, and then actually not mess it up and if any of those things went wrong, you now have a bunch of ppl with full equipment day 1 on pc for what i imagine is a progression/gambling system.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

rip chinatown fair

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
modeling after ufc is the most natural model yeah

the most emotionally intense matches ive seen have been massive money matches in marvel. tournaments should basically filter out the fluff so we can figure out who to put on the big screen. have sponsors front like tens of thousands of dollars and the winner gets the losers sponsor cash (or some better incentivized system). now backing a winner is free advertising.

anime was right fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Jun 9, 2016

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
can we talk about kof or something

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZqQtFw5E8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i dont care about tekken but goddammit harada is way better at this than anyone else besides arcsys