Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

dangerdoom volvo posted:

im good at craps and i want to try something new, maybe sailing

I don't think you're good at anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

13 is really fun, if you live on the west coast play it with me.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I don't give a hot gay gently caress what Capcom does unless it's gently caress off and stop killing people's desire to play fighting games tbh

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I wish SFV was a secret kept from all the world

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

:wow:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Black Mage Knight posted:

Why is it that every Indie Fighting game follow at least two of three rules?

1. Tries to "Fix" the genre.
2. Has no understanding of how fighting games work.
3. Animation is the focus.

Because they played Garou on MAME in 2005 for 3 hours and watched EVO 2014. And they're developmentally disabled.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

bad metaphors posted:

The GG1 version is better :colbert:

The original GGX (not GG1 obv) soundtrack sounds more like an album than videogame music. The second seemed to feel like it belonged more in a game and just generally was more lame and had worse production. Unrelated, just what I gotta say.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SaFTm2bcac

This vid is cool gently caress Dias' link

Faffel fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Sep 24, 2016

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

E: I'm a stupid rear end in a top hat and can't fuckin post right

Faffel fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Sep 24, 2016

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

bad metaphors posted:

Iirc daisuke and co. didn't have a live drummer for the GG1 ost which was unfortunate. GGX album owns though. XX venom theme got nerfed really bad

A lot of XX songs just don't seem to have the balls that the previous game had. All the versions I've heard of it sound pretty low bitrate which is weird considering it was on PS2 so shouldn't really have to be compressed too much or anything. The Sound Alive version is pretty goddamn sweet though.

Faffel fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Sep 24, 2016

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I like the GGX version more but its the best GG song that's not a Slayer theme

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

TaurusOxford posted:

Capcom can't risk another SFV where they cater solely to the FGC and tell the casual players and potential newcomers to gently caress off because they don't want to get trapped in three infinite combos and then wonder why they wasted 60 dollars.

You don't know much about SFV or its pre-release life, huh?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

anime was right posted:

hot take: the 3rd strike online ost is actually really good (excluding jazzy nyc, which was shot on fifth avenue)

that's not a hot take

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I'm excited for Tekken 7 and may even buy it on launch. It makes me hopeful for fighting games not sucking if people actually buy it. :unsmith:

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Max always seemed like the dumb, annoying guy I would have to go out of my way to avoid at work because we both play video games so his Asperger's rear end will hunt me down and corner me to tell me about early access steam games

That's why I always thought he was a retard

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

NecroMonster posted:

so sfv killed esports, good and cool

I hope so. That would mean SFV killed the idea that you can make a fake-hype fueled tailored-to-esports game and have it succeed on virtue of hype and investment alone. Good competitive games don't happen on purpose. gently caress esports.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

can anyone reccomend a fighting game thats like Overwatch in every regard thank u

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I remember I thought I was just retarded for the first year I was learning fg.

Turns out I'm retarded but even I can do ok

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Kush.... butt

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Keegers posted:

Also any love for toribash?

Toribash owned hard as hell tbh

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Zand posted:

fightcade beta is now open to all 2014 and 2015 accounts. now is the time for the real st, Sokonuke Taisen, to shine

smells like gold bond in here

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Bushmaori posted:

Can someone explain to me why UE4 is getting so popular for fighting games? It would make sense that it would be cheaper than developing a new engine from scratch, but what other advantages does it bring?

I think its just a good, efficient, easy to code for multi-platform engine on its fourth iteration so it has a lot of familiarity.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Shiki Dan posted:

Female FGCers are still very rare but for whatever reason there are lot more of them into 3d FGs versus 2d FGs.

3DPD

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Pomp posted:

on a related note i just finished october by china melville and it's a good read

HP Lovecraft meets Moby Dick!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Transparency, much like the autism of the FGC thread, has a gradient. If you're gonna be pedantic do it right.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

His name is Mieville and he's known for Lovecraftian fiction. You got he name wrong.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Yeah well SFV is a lovely game and trials are usually obtuse and hard in these games.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

That's the most embarrassing type of fun

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

You have to buy the stages on top of the characters?

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Actually you don't have to accept people liking stupid stuff and can talk all kinds of poo poo about it

See: anime

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Dias posted:

So that's how you skirt by, no one likes you enough for you to take poo poo?

My opinions on anime isolate me from my peers but I'm just intractable

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Yeah there were a lot of posts about R Mika too

Also from weirdos tbh. Almost like this kind of game is practically tailor made for people with specific neurological disorders.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Melty is cool cuz when a guy opens up his trench coat a deer comes out instead of a penis

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

If you get mad about anime titty censorship you can't get mad at pony fuckers. I am sorry but this is the law. Since the thread just came off making fun of anime titty in Soul Calibur I think we get a lawful mulligan here.

On the other hand one of you admitted to jerking off to an instructional manual or somethinf though. So..

Faffel fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Feb 24, 2018

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Romes128 posted:

Like half the cast just do punches, kicks, and flips

But they all ki charge

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

sharrrk posted:

i dont understand how anyone can like fighting games and also not like characters constantly spouting stupid poo poo from their mouths. thats like the entire point

Oh my goodness!

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

If people actually played game they'd talk less on twitter. But they don't.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

No job is cool

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I've been practicing Urien's TTH in 3S and it's really hard. I really thought being a just frame Tekken nerd would help me here, but nope. Hopefully I can stick to practicing 3S for once. I always gave up on practicing old games cuz they're old, then 5 years later I wish I had practiced that game cuz wow it still has an active community and all the modern fgs suck or are dead. It's the worst logic ever and has cost me so much fun in old games. None of these rollback games are ever hard to find someone in, but I still can't shake the "old dead game" fear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I did the full tackle tackle headbutt 4 times in 2 1/2 hours today. 3S Urien seems pretty easy, I dunno.