Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
They also beat Hitler, iirc, but that is movie canon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Dragonballs cant kill. They mostly resurrect.

I think it might be that they can, in theory, but for that to work the person they kill would need to be weaker than the namekian who created the balls. Too much for green wizard too much for green dragon, sort of thing.

And that is my popping in to anime quota for today.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Can someone explain to me why UE4 is getting so popular for fighting games? It would make sense that it would be cheaper than developing a new engine from scratch, but what other advantages does it bring?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

because xrd did a really good job with it
Yeah they did, it's pretty amazing that it has the flexibility for such cool a cool look as well as traditional 3d graphics. Though I imagine a lot of that is the talent of the Xrd team.

Faffel posted:

I think its just a good, efficient, easy to code for multi-platform engine on its fourth iteration so it has a lot of familiarity.

Oh right, I completely overlooked the multi-platform stuff.

Just cool to see how UE has changed over the years, and how it works in different genres.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

Goku Black has a Zamasu assist (i don't know what a zamasu is) and hit has time powers

This should explain it:

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Kongming posted:

Didn't you hear Yipes scream for 5 seconds straight when Cell 2h'd a raw tag in? How can you not be excited?

I love the game but that dude is super annoying.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

yo mamma a Horus posted:

just make this ivys default costume

drat that one is cool

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Yeah I'd figure DS4windows to be the best bet, tool's pretty great.

It can conflict with games and programs which also offer some degree of DS4 support. If you notice problems quit ds4 and restart steam, that's what I had to do with a couple. Hopefully it won't be needed but.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
I'd have thought the rot would have got him by now

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

In Training posted:

I changed my mind DBFZ is cool again

So is anyone going to run a blacklight over his gear? Because I can guarantee the result.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Are furries no longer gross? Apologies, I missed that memo.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

Just the Nazi Furries

Admittedly I'm not up with recent furry subcultures

E:

Real hurthling! posted:

As if normal clothes wearing marn wouldnt shine brighter

Running a blacklight over Marn would be like setting off a flashbang, it would be so bright that you could hear it

Bushmaori fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Oct 30, 2018

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

darealkooky posted:

I care about being able to watch evo without someone throwing their fetish in my face. Dunno how you can try to make the FGC super esports and try to purge all thuggery but also let a guy prance around in a suit that he has 100% got semen on.

People ITT pretending furry suits aren't literally fetish sex suits, I mean I'm sure the dude is lovely and he got mad skills but poo poo son

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

I also want to be blocked by Inceltration. Please show me the way.

I just called him gross for coming to Evo and that worked

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Isn't Infiltration still allowed to compete?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

mango sentinel posted:

And I'm banned

Easiest ban I've ever eaten, gently caress Justin Wong

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Wanderer posted:

We've still got Spooky, Bum, Yipes, Alex Valle, Fox, and any number of high- to middle-end players out there who are just in it for the game.

Doesn't Valle bat for Infiltration?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

The people want a Bleach fighter.

That isn't on the wii.

And is good. Maybe the ones that exist were good, I'm just assuming not since I didn't have a wii.

The two on DS were fun.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
Speaking of, does Justin still hang out with Noel? I ate a ban on his Twitch for calling him out for hanging out with a rapist a while back, but the way he's talked about here makes it seem like he must have addressed it, right?

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
As a bad player I really wish I could slow down gaining points in SF6, or at least let multiple losses speed up how fast I lose points. From the biggest luck I've had winning 13 games from bronze yesterday to high silver I spent the last four hours losing all but two games :(

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Share Bear posted:

i feel like it's kinda an rear end in a top hat thing to say to any new fgc member but it has to be said

you're going to lose. a lot. get used to it.

try to look at it constructively. analyze your losses (as well as any close/tense wins). also do try to play with people around your level (which mmr sorta does but maybe you have other friends/locals as bad as you you can hang with)

you will get better with time and practice and being aware of your losses.

everyone who is good at fighting games has lost a ton to get where they are now.

I did play a fair while in DBFZ, and I never minded losing in that because matchmaking would still place me in an area where I wouldn't constantly get stomped. I'd also check my losses there and improve, which I could do because I was playing people around my skill level. So many games in a row though in SF6 though, ugh, I've never had this kind of loss streak since Overwatch

Unfortunately none of my friends play fighting games and I have no local scene. Ah well, I feel I should start to eventually have some closer fights after that session anyway, so it all works out in the end.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
After a rough start in SF6 I'm having a much better time now. I'm new to these games and I feel I have improved from fighting modern control users. They force me to pay that much more attention, and learn how unsafe all my jumps are. Getting dped 9/10 times will teach you quick.

Still having such a hard time using antiair myself, even with the training. It's one thing to do it on the computer, another in a match. Still, I've won a couple of matches from people learning that I eventually do learn.

Gotta remember I don't need to be offensive if I have a life lead, I don't have the skill to pull that off yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
New hotel wifi too terrible even for other wifi warriors, nooooo