Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

"This isn't about unionising, it's about everyone coming together to negotiate the same rates" like this isn't one of the primary points of unionising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah honestly SF kind of needs another 3 in terms of casts.

This was SF5 season 2 and people absolutely loathed it overall because they wanted their SF2/4 mains back.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

Having both Data and Lore makes Melty Blood characters look distinguishable

They have completely different clothes! Except when they swap outfits.

Lore also emotes like a person, but that's harder to show in a fighting game.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Woden posted:

Worf lost every fight in the TV shows, he deserves to be Dan tier.

He wins every swordfight or fistfight he's involved in, just not the spaceship battles.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

mycot posted:

I just think it's hosed up that the thread acts like Endorph of all people is, like, a chud for not liking The Thing Gays Like, but I guess this is what posting is going to be like forever post-culture war.

Good thing that never happened and instead people had a pretty reasonable conversation.

What's actually hosed up here is you acting like disagreeing with someone being rudely dismissive of a thing they don't care for is ~the culture war~.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Sep 22, 2020

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Is Sega really about to Blueball us and not tell us anything about the new virtua fighter project during TGS?!

You can't tease a thing and then release concrete information about the thing immediately after. Gotta wait at least 2 weeks for the hype to build up, if not longer.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Smoking Crow posted:

What is the fog

Someone explain

A somewhat mediocre 1980s horror film.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

I'm hopeful that people aren't going to sleep on 2002 UM after the initial bump because it's loving awesome and has the roster is amazing.

What makes it better than 98, out of curiosity? I don't see people talk 02 up that much in general.

e; vvv thank you for the replies. :)

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Sep 29, 2020

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kantesu posted:

The character concept is clearly "What if Vanessa from KoF had a ghost wolf and fought like Cammy?"

She doesn't fight anything like Cammy. She's "what if King looked like Vanessa and also had a ghost wolf scarf."

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Dracula Factory posted:

Ugh Strive looks so drat pretty, I really hope it's good but this is very much a bad sign.

Sign was pretty bad, so probably expect Strive to not be too great until we get Strive 2.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Before: Changed to check opponent’s ping every second instead of an average ping over 8 seconds.
After: Rolled back the change so that the average ping over 8 seconds is calculated instead of checking ping every second.

The ping check every 1s was the fix for their rollback not working in the first place. I don't know how they think reverting to something else is going to be an improvement.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Can someone mod this into SFV?

What world do you live in where dying in 3-4 ten-hit combos is low damage?

Low damage is not one of SF5's problems.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

darealkooky posted:

I would argue that the damage in SF5 is pretty low. it's true that there are specific things (medium punch into b&b, 1-2 CC's per character, anything into vtrigger cancel) that can do lots of damage. but basic stuff like pokes and anti airs only do like a 10th of the lifebar because you just hit them once and don't get a cool combo after it

This would matter a lot of SF5 were a game of slowly poking at the opponent from a safe range, or fishing for jumps so you can AA into a combo, but it's really not. The specific things that do lots of damage make up 90% of the game, which is why the game as a whole has high damage IMO.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Veev posted:

It's more that characters being Japanese in Guilty Gear is a plot point because Japan was basically destroyed, so they explicitly say which characters are Japanese pretty often.

Yeah, the Japanese in Guilty Gear have mystical powers and the Gears felt threatened by them, and so wiped Japan off the map and slaughtered its entire population except for a tiny number of refugees who now live in a protected reservation. The world governments treat them like an endangered species and it's a huge deal when someone (Baiken, Anji) is actually Japanese.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
That tweet just reads as "hey guys, you've made your point, we don't want ArcSys to feel hassled" to me which is not exactly a controversial ask.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Samsho's getting a Last Blade character as part of season 3 (it's gotta be Hibiki, right?)

This is cool, though I'm not sure if Hibiki would stand out enough in character design from the rest of the roster. It could be Kaede or Setsuna?

e; I guess it's specifically Last Blade 1 from the logo, so definitely Kaede.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Oct 29, 2020

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

In Training posted:

huge raft of new DMCA claims starting in June is forcing lots of streamers to disable VODs completely or be banned or risk being banned in the near future since twitch is cracking down harder than ever

It doesn't matter because Twitch doesn't actually delete them off their own servers and will still DMCA strike you for deleted VODs apparently.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Literally the post after the one you quoted.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Reznor posted:

for a while I really was thinking about moding sf5 so Cammy wore some pants so I wouldn't have to feel embarrassed when people walked in while I was playing.

She has a Jill costume that gives her trousers now.

(Also it's just a good outfit, so it's one of her better costumes in general.)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/1338783784456527874

lmao

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Anyway, I was wondering if i would be better off switching to another game like KOF or Guilty Gear to sharpen my skills. A lot of people say SFV is easy, which i don't understand because it's hard as poo poo for me. I can hardly finish most characters trials - pretty much anything with buffered charges is impossible. I also can't hit confirm to save my life.

I don't think it's worth going to KoF or GG just to "sharpen your skills." If you want to switch off SF5, do it because you're switching to a different game you would enjoy playing, not because other people have said they personally find SF5 easy, especially if you're finding SF5 sufficiently challenging to play.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 6, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dhamster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSaNhmTYONI&t=129s

So does Sol just have Raging Demon now or what

It just looks like a running command grab super.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Captain Baal posted:

It really is weird how much more attention Strive seems to be receiving

Strive has ArcSys leveraging several things pretty intelligently to promote the game beyond the normal GG fanbase, which explains the attention:
- it's legitimately the best-looking fighting game released since turn-of-the-century SNK sprites
- they're a mainstream name now because they made the DBZ fighting game (and a bunch of other high-quality licensed fighting games)
- their marketing is focusing on advertising the game to people who wouldn't care about the big "core" FG series (e.g. VTuber fans)

This all lines up with their stated goals for Strive (make it appealing to new people so they can grow the series' audience and this the popularity of their own IP), so it definitely feels like a strategy they've been working on for several years now.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Feb 16, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Jack Trades posted:

I just saw the SFV Rose reveal and holy poo poo her model and stage looks worse than KoF14.

That scarf is loving flat. It looked so much better in SF4. What a piece of poo poo that game continues to be.

EDIT: also image being excited to get to spend meter to backdash.

They were literally previewing WIP stuff for people to see what she's going to look like, just like they were showing concept art and mocap footage.

It is extremely obviously alpha footage with the lighting not done.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Feb 17, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Punch Planet is good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Archer666 posted:

I'm trying to figure out Nagoriyuki

This will probably be useful:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVtJt2HMKR0

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

Have they had that frame data for a while or is it new?

Since Arcade Edition, 3 years ago.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Yardbomb posted:

Pot's OG big man design was cool, but I just can't want to get rid of his kickass Zepp military uniform that his bro Gabriel got made specially for him.

They should've put him in his badass coat instead:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

40 lbs to freedom posted:

can anyone in this thread tell my dumb rear end how to turn off nagos blood meter in training mode i literally cannot figure it out, tia

You can't but if you go to training options there's a character-specific options submenu in which you can set it to auto-end as soon as you enter rage.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Boogalo posted:

I wish the stick and buttons on it were spaced an inch or two farther apart.

I have this problem with every single stick I've ever used. :rip: at having wide shoulders.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
In other SG news, they just made all the existing DLC permanently baked into the base game for free: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/245170/view/3017946057970587195

For the five people who didn't already own the 2nd Encore upgrade.

univbee posted:

I think if you need it wide you have to break out the power tools and forge your own top panel. :science:

Yeah, that or get something custom-made or 3D printed. :rip:

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

I said come in! posted:

on 5ghz its quantifiable by a like 1 - 3ms difference. If that is indeed a massive gamechanger where you can't possibly ever win a single match against someone on a wired connection then i'll admit i'm wrong. :shrug:

Latency is not why wifi is bad.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Hace posted:

I love mini descriptions on screens, which are largely gibberish and not meant to be actually read. It's a neat look tbh.

The Under-Night ones are largely coherent and mostly correct English, honestly.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's French Bread, why would you think this isn't going to get a Steam release 1-6 months after the console one.

Lemon-Lime fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Mar 25, 2021

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Blockhouse posted:

Melty Blood Lumina seems less like an update and more like just a new game

It's a new game.

People who translated that article are saying it's a what-if story set before the events of the Tsukihime remake (instead of a sequel to Tsukihime), and from the screenshots it seems to be reusing the UNI engine.

It's funny because the main reason UNI exists is that French Bread decided it would be too much work to do a HD Melty Blood game and they would rather focus on their original IP, so they've come full circle.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Reiley posted:

The sound design and colors in this game are perfect, is this out or still in development?

Not only is it out, there's a sequel in Early Access: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1217050

As fighting games they're bad but as a gigantic love letter to iconic kung-fu films they're very neat.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Boba Pearl posted:

This is going to be a really dumb, beginner question, I've only been playing Fighting games for a... Year? Now. And I'm wondering

What's the point of combos? Like if getting a good read leads into half an HP bar of damage, why not have the hit do half an HP bar, then make it a complicated set of inputs?

They look cool and are fun to execute, OP.

Also you probably shouldn't play Versus games if you don't want combos to be 80 hits long and last for a full minute.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Wheel of Fortune is Nash I think? He's got the hair bit hanging over his eye.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Spanish Manlove posted:

We're gonna get the most cursed thing from arcsys next as they're making a v-tuber FG.

This sounds the opposite of cursed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

There are a wide variety of powers in the Sailor universe such as:

raining down lightning
obliterating someone with fireballs
throwing a single rose
sending bubbles vaguely in someone's direction
beads