Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
For Tekken 7 has the FGC decided on which version is going to be the "competitive" version? Or are they going to be doing PC and PS4 interplay so it doesn't really matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I guess that answers my question lol

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
If I wanted to get caught up on tekken which version is the most recent and most readily available? Like I take it there's no other tekken on ps4

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

The character selection seems pretty varied and the matches have sane rules so games go by at a much faster pace

I think the only thing I don't like about pro Smash 4 is 2 stock sometimes makes matches go a little too quickly but that's my opinion as someone who plays a lot of that game as well. 3stock is just more fun imo

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Has there ever been an evo without a marvel? I'm noob to fighters

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

THANK gently caress

Also idk if I should vote for Skullgirls or ARMS

🤔 Is 🤔 it 🤔 Really 🤔 EVO 🤔 if 🤔 it 🤔 doesn't 🤔 have 🤔 ARMS? 🤔

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Where are votes happening?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Pokkén would be the worst outcome because it's existence is a joke

Also from the time I went to bed to the time I just woke up it went up about 3k with 26 more donators, an average of $115 per donator

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Pokken is at least novel and weird

But it isn't novel and weird in an interesting or readable way, which is the issue

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dias posted:

They should have the most popular games except for the ones I dislike.

all of the mega melee nerds already want to ditch evo so why not just give them the extra incentive hehe

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

So for the blatant self promotion, but I am selling my brand new in box Mad Catz TE2+ if anyone wants it.

yo if you somehow havent sold that thing in two weeks hit me up, i'll have tax return money burning a hole in my pocket

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

Will be sure. Do you have a Discord name?

Luna#6874, I'm the one with the tatsumaki av

Luna Was Here fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Jan 27, 2017

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Tatsunoku vs Capcom seems like an alright game, was it ever very popular in the FGC

i remember TvC having a character with a move that if you got hit by it, was basically a ranged throw because it couldn't be blocked and you couldn't hit it with another projectile to cancel it

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

the gently caress does this actually mean

some dude had a move you could spam that would shoot a projectile at you, and if it hit then you got yanked to him and he did a throw.

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm guessing he's talking about tekkaman blade's grappling hook move, but that's blockable.

you sure that was blockable? i almost specifically remember it not being blockable but this was a while ago so i might be mis-remembering

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

yes it is blockable and it's unsafe on block

my feeble gamer mind never took TvC seriously back when I had it, so I'm probably mis-remembering

e; does anyone know how long Rev is gonna be on sale for $20 on Amazon?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

Revelator is on sale for 20 bucks this weekend https://www.amazon.com/Guilty-Gear-...Brevelator&th=1

just this weekend? rip

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

In Training posted:

It sounds like upgrading from Rev will be 20 bucks and Rev2 standalone will be a new release so like 50 bucks?

so basically if you can get it now Rev>Rev2 Upgrade will probably be cheaper than just buying Rev2 but if you didnt already have it maybe wait on buying Rev?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Tekken 7 trailer on PlayStation's channel
https://youtu.be/nnLeHw8KunM

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

btw theres a 15% coupon code through sunday at MadCatz if anyone wants it- NEW15

speaking of madcatz they're putting out a Tekken 7 artwork version of the TE2+

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Namco's founder passed away last week

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
What Harada is saying:

Smoking Crow posted:

https://www.jp.playstation.com/blog/detail/4721/20170316-tekken7.html

TEKKEN 7 continues to reveal its hidden secrets as BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe unveils today the additional content to be released from the game launch, on June 2nd.

The first batch, to be released this Summer 2017, will provide a brand-new game mode and more than 50 new costumes. The second and third batches of content, to be released respectively this Winter 2017 and next Spring 2018, will both feature one exclusive playable guest character from other videogames’ licenses with, each time, a special stage and special costumes for these guest characters. This 3 post launch pieces of content will be purchasable individually but will also be available through the Season Pass that will grant to each buyers 35 exclusive metallic costumes.

During the coming year, all players from all platforms will also enjoy free characters panels they will be able to use to customize their favourite character’s image displayed during the loading screen. Through a partnership with various worldwide artists, each player will have its own way to defy its friends and rivals! Stay tuned for more info!(edited)
In TEKKEN 7, all fights are personal! Prepare to enter the ring as TEKKEN 7 will be available for the PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, Xbox One, and STEAM® for PC on June 2nd 2017. Pre-order now to get access to Eliza, the famed vampire character from TEKKEN Revolution, and purchase the TEKKEN 7 Collector’s Edition containing the Deluxe Edition including the Season Pass (only available in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Australasian territories) and a spectacular statue featuring a dynamic pose with Kazuya fly kicking Heihachi in mid-air, a special SteelBook™, and the official TEKKEN 7 soundtrack."

looks like we getting 2 extra guest characters

What Harada actually means:

Smoking Crow posted:

Buy Tekken you shitlords

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I'm thinkin we get Maxi or some poo poo from SC, 2B and surprise hidden entrant Strong Bad

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

I think we're his only friends

He is always welcome in the CSGO pgs thread he became well acquainted with a while back

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

CharlestonJew posted:

Is it story time? I think it's story time

Does the name "alias777" ring a bell? Well if not, you'll become familiar with it soon enough. So in PGS there is a thread for a CS:GO inhouse server name "sub.io". It's open for any goon to join, and the skill level is generally "Master Guardian II" (think Gold/Platinum Level in League of Legends, I'm not sure of a fighting game comparison) but all skill levels are allowed to join. We have some hilariously bad people (me) and some really really good people (not quite good enough to go pro but we had a group of guys almost get into the semi-pro leagues not to long ago). Most people are cool to play with and there's a lot of history because, just like Counter Strike, the server has gone through many iterations and other goon communities. We're always open to new people joining and we get a plucky new lad in every so often but there is a pretty set group of regulars.

So one day, a guy named "Mr. Pink" joins the server. And he's bad. Like, really bad. He spends a majority of his first game on the server rushing a spot on the map named "Banana" with bad weapons for doing such a thing. The results of this match are chronicled here. Yes, you need to watch it. Don't worry, I'll wait.

All done? Great.
The general rule is don't be a complete shithead and you'll be fine. Mr. Pink was a complete shithead to Turk, his fellow B Site player, and also one of the server admins. So he gets banned for that. He came in to the thread to plead his case (I think his excuse was he was drunk or something, I can't be assed to go find the initial posting). He promises that next time he'll be better, he'll listen and actively try to improve. Get used to that line right there. we sure did.

Frequently he makes horrible plays. He gets known for "fast smoke plants". You can see an example of this here. Again, required viewing material. Here, he throws a smoke grenade, plants inside of it asap, and then fails to realize that a CT is also in the smoke, defusing the bomb he just planted. He gets asked to stop this behavior across several days, he does it in front of an admin that told him to stop a week ago, acts like a shithead, got banned again. Comes in to thread, begs for a second chance, promises that he's been improving during his time off with the ban, and he won't smoke plant anymore he promises.

Time passes. Some other poo poo happens with some other goons causing drama. One thing remains: Mr. Pink is an unchanging shithead. He gets banned again. Time passes, we hold a tournament! There's a special condition: A team with Mr. Pink on it is formed, under the condition that if they win the tournament he stays unbanned, forever. It was a solid 4 man roster with Pink duct taped to it, but a team of the Old Guard (dudes who have been playin CS since I was in diapers, literally) destroys the entire tournament, winning the meager prize (some lovely skins I uncased the week before) and Mr. Pink remained banned. Until about a month later, when he came into the thread, said that he had improved greatly and asked for....wait for it....a second chance. He gets it because Turk isn't around to yell at everyone else about how he's never coming back. It's at this time when user "Demostrs" (referred to as Demo from here on out) is going to be taking a trip to Chicago, where many CS:GOONS are based, including the notorious Mr. Pink himself. To facilitate communication, Demo and Mr. Pink added eachother on Snapchat. Now throughout this time, Mr. Pink has been very careful about not sharing his personal info with anyone. The only other person he had shared it with was a goon named "garfu", a goon who he had met up with a while before this. He never bothered to look into him. Demo and Mr. Pink go and hangout in Chicago and if memory serves they had an alright time.

A little more time passes, and Dorky(Dork457) starts running joke tryouts for his team "Dorknytas". The first round of tryouts is a drawing competition. User Sleppy wants to do a picture of Mr. Pink, so he tries to get him to send a face pic. Sleppy gets his Snapchat (and maybe the face pic? One of life's greatest mysteries) and by proxy his real name. Sleppy starts digging, and that's where my story ends and his story begins.

There's a lot of videos in the end of that post, all of them are required viewing material. Yes, even the 28 minutes one, and especially the hour long one.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I noticed we were linking fg music and no one linked the best song of all times
https://youtu.be/TqTYcW_7hNU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

Wow these tracks are really kicking. What game is this, I have never heard of "giga-maidens"

Please do not validate his fetish game

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rutibex posted:

Why are those ladies so large?

Something something there's nothing wrong with the fantasy of a woman using the empire state as a tampon

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm pretty down on Sigma being DLC and whatnot but they showed no gameplay, just a cinematic trailer. Why is everyone determined to poo poo on the game as if they've had hands on time with it?

Hopelessly naive or w/e but I think it's kinda stupid to doomsay over a story trailer that was actually kinda neat.

Because we have nearly as many dlc characters as we have announced, in the game characters. It's not a matter of making GBS threads on the game, it's a matter of making GBS threads on a company's awful business practices and the game that is being ruined as a byproduct of those practices

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Jmcrofts posted:

A lot of old school players are bummed about t7 though

https://twitter.com/TKJDCR/status/855025354590740481

not on SA though because no one on SA actually plays tekken other than brosnan

It looks like all that guy is talking about is that net code between arcade cabinets sucks? Hopefully it's better for the full release

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Spuckuk posted:

Oh, are you partybrian?

Hello chap!

I don't think that's party Brian, I think partybrian posts under the same name

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
yes

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

Something something there's nothing wrong with the fantasy of a woman using the empire state as a tampon

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Cabbagepots posted:

Reminder that Max had his dog made into a character in that furry fighting game that got cancelled, and he was gonna voice him too

I mean it could be worse

He could be making an entire game dedicated to his fetish

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

teagone posted:

It was cool and funny (in an entertaining way) to me. But I also like big stages and thoroughly enjoy events like IEM Katowice and Dreamhack. Both are good imo.

One is more entertaining to watch than the other. The reason people like to watch cs_summit style events is become of the 'home' feel of it. It feels more authentic and real, like it's just dudes playing games with each other. It's why poo poo like the original DotA hubs and StarCraft homestory cup are some of the most fondly remembered events, because you can relate to those dudes who are all chillin around a house playing games with friends because that's what you do. When they're up on stage on live broadcast with scheduled trash talk time, there's an element removed; Yeah, it's still functionally the same but at the end of the day one event is infinitely more relatable then the other

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Way to shoehorn feminism hate into this lmao

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Consider this: shut the gently caress up poo poo brain

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Babe Magnet posted:

lmao that brosnan got probated just long enough to miss the tekken 7 launch by a few days

its like poetry

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Cis Lord posted:

Do your characters ever heal in Shadow Mode in KI or do you have to use items?

At the end of every turn, any character that you didn't use that turn on a mission heals back 50%

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

DizzyBum posted:

I've never been able to get into a Tekken game, but drat it, T7 looks pretty cool.

Is stick required for Tekken or can you play it okay on a regular pad? Also, is there going to be cross-platform play?

A lot of high level players play on pad, play with what makes you feel comfortable.

There will be no cross platform play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Can we rename the thread title to "Buy Tekken"