Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

ibntumart posted:

e: I'm feeling nostalgic... this STDH belongs in every iteration of this thread!

My favorite part of that one is the assumption that a shopping-mall chain restaurant like Ruth's Chris has got to be pretty much the best steakhouse in a gigantic booming city in loving Texas of all places

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

n/m

tacodaemon has a new favorite as of 01:30 on Apr 22, 2016

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

You ever see those comic book ads from the 70s for the apple-carving kits that are supposed to look like shrunken heads when the apple dries out?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Admittedly, the longstanding tradition is for people to brag about how their dad can beat the crap out of everyone, so it's an interesting twist to be bragging about how your mom can beat the crap out of everyone

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

What is up with the repeated non sequitur "I wasn’t the jock" thing

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

What is with all the troper tales that end in a bare "Yeah."?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

What the hell does her German heritage have to do with anything in this story

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I'm happy as long as I can fist-bump these hoes

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Nobody on imgur believed it either

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Khazar-khum posted:

Haircut

quote:

This troper's father once tried to make me like my horrible new bowl cut by saying this "Guys will want to be you, and girls will want to be you." As a teenager and troper, my response was as follows
"So this haircut encourages people to follow the trends set by another in order to be popular and it encourages girls to judge what's on the outside rather than the inside. Great lesson dad."

Guys will want to be you. And girls... will want to be you :grin:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

It's weird being old enough to remember when metal was popular among tough dirtbags and "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" types instead of being exclusively listened to by giant nerds

I wonder how the bands from back then that are still touring feel about the change in their audience

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Khazar-khum posted:

Bracelets

quote:

Get the lady's permission first, guys. This troper was at a convention-run host club where there were drinks bracelets being given to guests who were over 21, to designate who was allowed to be served alcohol and who was not. To curb any possibility of redistributing these bracelets to congoers who had the over-18 badge but were not yet 21, several of the hosts (most of whom had a very clear "sexy, smoldering vampire" thing going on, more Interview than Twilight) would offer— offer, not approach— to remove them with their teeth. Seeing it happen never got old. It was literally one of the sexiest things I have ever seen. Just a brush of the lips, and then, the teeth. (And please note that I did not say that these were specifically ladies getting their bracelets removed...)

So, uh, that curbs any possibility of redistribution how, exactly? I think I'm failing Troper Logic again.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Khazar-khum posted:

quote:

This Troper's maternal grandfather served in the British Army during World War II as a medic. He's had quite a number of brushes with death, mostly while with the 8th Army.
During the invasion of France, my grandfather had to get out of the ambulance he drove to piss. When he came back, the ambulance had been bombed.

shit_that_didnt_happen: Troper Tales: he drove to piss

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Are the imgur people also still going bonkers trying to get some woman to make good on her pre-election promise to post not-worksafe stuff of her hula hooping if Trump wins?

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Khazar-khum posted:

quote:

This troper is a complete dick... and also accomplishes such feats as FIGURING OUT SEX using merely logic and the process of elimination (figuratively speakng, of course).

"Figuring Out Sex Using Merely Logic And The Process Of Elimination" would be a good title for an artsy indie-rock album, with the deliberately misspelled "Figuratively Speakng, Of Course" being the first (or possibly last) song on the album

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

the story had the phrase little baby gay which is terrible

But that's what Q-Tips were originally called in the 1920s

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Palisader posted:

I can't decide whether the person who wrote that is a 30 year old smug rear end in a top hat or 70 year old smug rear end in a top hat.

I kept picturing John Deacon from Queen as he looks today

I always admire aging rock star types like Deacon and Charlie Watts who have the backbone to embrace their oldfartitude instead of trying for eternal youth

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Frostyhawk posted:

Never try to engage costumers who are sporadically transforming into a werewolf.

Aisle 42 of the world's largest art supply store

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

We aren't all THC same :420:

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Baron Corbyn posted:

It's surely a reference to Sabrina the Teenage Witch?

It is, yeah. They have since changed the name of the trope from "The Libby" to "Alpha Bitch" as part of the effort to make the trope names less in-jokey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Company truck access! Finally living the high life