Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

The most implausible thing is that the necklace is for a third party.

The average bird person would wear that parakeet bone necklace himself.

:kheldragar:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oldpainless posted:

Actually it sounds like that dude DID get served

:hellyeah:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Khazar-khum posted:

'mixed race'--mom has no idea who the dad is

Non Serviam posted:

Women's rights in Islam. Stdh.

Hey guys, I'm not sure if these comments were intended to be racist or just come off that way a bit, but please be mindful of what you say and how you say things.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

hogmartin posted:

If only there were a bird aficionado in the thread...

:ninja:

Greys can be incredibly accurate mimics, I want to believe

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Catberry posted:

made the rounds

hee

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I had a crow friend when I was a kid. I called him Onyx and he was cool and good :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Oops, double post. Really excited to tell y'all about my crow friend I guess

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Jerry Cotton posted:

How did you know what his name was? Do you speak crow?

Well, not anymore, but I took three years of House Finch in high school.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Borrowed from IoSM.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Borrowed from IOSM thread

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Besesoth posted:

The doctor wants to gently caress his interdimensional car, and officially that feeling is reciprocated, if that helps?

What's this now?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Haifisch posted:

It'd save everyone time if they did those "on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely are you to murder your boss?" questionaires instead. At least those just filter out the people too stupid to lie.

Or those ballsy enough to tell the truth :q:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ZDar Fan posted:

Where there is shrimp, there's Jeff

:yeah:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Zipperelli. posted:

Just so you're aware, this was found out to be real.

http://www.snopes.com/2017/10/06/racist-daycare-letter/

Humans are such loving poo poo.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

That sounds like a gimmick post but it's not.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I lost my job today, but I got a thread title, so there's that, at least.

you're welcomedolences :(

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 05:11 on Nov 18, 2017

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

A'right folks, let's get back on track.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Let's re-rail please.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Let's re-rail please.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

oh my lord

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I use both you're welcome and no problem :shrug: they have different implications imo. You're welcome is sort of formal and gracious, while no problem is more of a friendly "I was happy to do it!"

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Vaxine posted:

I loving hate anti-vaxers.

Sure, but I'm not convinced you're an unbiased source here. Have you any pamphlets

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't think anybody is arguing that principle is not a word. It's definitely a word. It's just not the right word.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

You've peaked my curiosity

walrusman posted:

I literally balled my eyes out.

unphased by your lovely linguistics. ama.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

that ruff :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

There’s three now.

In two, a high school history teacher goes to court for saying that (the Reverend) Martin Luther King Jr (of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference) was inspired by Jesus. Yes, a local judge in loving Arkansas is an anti-christian radical. A key witness is an “expert” christian and everyone is SHOCKED that they used to be an atheist. The jury decides for GOD of course. There’s a side plot where a pastor tells a college student about Jesus and ends up getting arrested for being christian, one where the student (an ASIAN) has to defend his new christianity to his (very ASIAN COMMUNIST) father, and one where a liberal blogger prays her cancer away and learns to blog about god instead.

In 3, the pastor gets out of jail but Big Liberal Academia now wants to shut down his church, which is on a campus for some reason, and instead use campus land for a building where students will take (presumably very atheist) classes. One of the christian characters burns to death after a protestor throws brick through a window of the church, but at the end, the pastor decides to give up and just have a church near campus for the christian students. What’s the moral? I dunno.

One thing all of them have in common that gets overshadowed is brave christian youths from scary non-white cultures stand up to their racist caricature dads and learn to be american :911:

I loved the first two GOD'S NOT DEAD movies because I like getting drunk and watching Christian propaganda trash (I grew up very Baptist, it's a weird pastime, I know). I couldn't make it past the first, like, fifteen minutes of the third. It was actively, offensively bad and banging the Christian persecution drum so loving loud it was fit to burst.

The burning to death took place within that fifteen minutes. Also it was the one black person in the series.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

yea ok.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

jobson groeth posted:

It's actually really easy to find your way there. If your meeting point is in Rome and all roads lead to Rome then you can just walk down any road.

:hmmyes:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

tbf it is super frustrating when you're waiting patiently, blinker on, in a packed parking lot for someone loading up their car with kids/purchases/etc to pull out and leave, and as they finally do so some jackass zips in from the opposite side and snipes it.

But sometimes the person leaving pulls out in the direction that deliberately blocks anyone from sniping the spot, so that you can take it before they go. Real bro move there.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Get hosed, mysogenists!!!!!

not my screen shot don't battery @ me

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'd be shocked if there even was a friend, that reads like OP desperately needing to share their profundities with the world

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

drat you, I came here to cross-post that.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:argh:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Honestly Harry Potter fans and JK Rowling on twitter have destroyed all my nostalgia for it. They've actually ruined it for me.

Any time I meet someone that tells me they're into Harry Potter I feel like I have to actively keep from grimacing. However I did take the House test many, many years ago when the thing came out and now when people irl need to tell me they're a Hufflepuff (I hate those people) I can tell them I'm a Gryffindor and watch them internally grimace back

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Jollity Farm posted:

Movie depression is always more glamorous and artistic than the real thing. The real thing is very dreary and not photogenic at all.

And then there's movie schizophrenia, which schizophrenics are better qualified to complain about than me, although I do know that movies barely get that right either (and so a lot of unhappy schizophrenics have to deal not only with their condition, but with people's perceptions of them as violent criminals with voices in their head telling them to KILL)

--me watching any movie depicting mental illness

fe: any y'all seen Braid? that one was a doozy.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

It was not the dumbest movie I ever saw

oh dear :whitewater:

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

^^^ :respek: I am also not sure if the writers to which I'm referring were 100% aware of what they were depicting but, similarly, it ended up being really accurate whether they meant to do it or not ^^^

I really liked the depiction of Norma Bates's bipolar disorder in Bates Motel (of all things). It's never explicitly stated that she has it (at most there's a couple throwaway remarks about family mental illness) but as someone who's spent a large portion of her life as an unmedicated bipolar person her behavior and interactions were all really, really on the nose. I don't remember it ever being particularly portrayed as her fault, either. She's a messed up person who's trying her hardest, but she makes rash, bad choices and isn't really cognizant of how and why she's behaving poorly.

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 05:20 on Jun 3, 2019

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

:yeah:

I try to avoid contributing to derails but every now and again I just want to throw my two worthless cents in, y'know

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I suspect the "said a prayer" bit indicates this is a parody of other stdh but nonetheless

how tall is this lady that he has to look up at her for his bon mot

how short is this man

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 20:03 on Jun 4, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

^^ a shark