Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

For posterity's sake, here's the OG Albert Einstein STDH:

And that man who married his cousin and slept around on both of his wives... was Albert Einstein.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

they just popped em in like ball bearings and now he's immediately associating things with a sense he never had. then we headed home the same day. must share, god bless

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Libandano Urfam posted:

My least favorite things in STDHes are overused ellipses.

must share on your wallll

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I like to call them "teeaboos".

Damnit, I'd been calling them angloboos but I'm stealing this now.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Samfucius posted:

I don't know poo poo about the mods here, what is this event?

cash crab and the rest of the mods are given a bow and arrows and a freezerful of McCormick mozzarella bites and jalapeno poppers. Whoever is left standing brings glory to their district.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

And that child grew up to be... Dexter Morgan.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Non Serviam posted:

I don't know anyone who can remember a pedophile teacher, and I went to a Catholic school.
What the gently caress is wrong with your city? You make it sound like pedophilia is an extremely common event.

In 12 years of public school we had 5 teachers/coaches fired for or convicted of molestation.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

bringmyfishback posted:

Um, that is literally insane.

No, I don't believe that is normal at all.

Perhaps I was an exceptionally ugly child?

A band director, two PE teachers, an afterschool activities advisor, and an English teacher.

I felt sort of bad because the advisor went after boys and had even driven me home in his van but I think I was too fat for him.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Crow Jane posted:

Which probably says unpleasant things about me as well as him, tbh :smith:

Well, that's the thing about power differentials! They act like a complete jerk and somehow you're the one who feels bad.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

kizudarake posted:

More gambling stories STDH from these forums:

"911? Our illegal high stakes poker game has just been robbed."

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Imaduck posted:

If you gamble a lot, you meet a lot of interesting people in interesting situations. It's part of what makes gambling fun and sometimes terrifying. This is doubly true if you're hustling people.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's embellishing / misremembering / retelling others' stories, but there's enough realness in there that a lot of the situations seem true enough. Also, I'm pretty sure he told this same story before, so at least he's consistent if he's making it up?

Well, I don't wanna do this, I have a bad feeling about it, but she keeps askin me, keeps askin me, finally I said okay 'cause I'm sick of listening to it. Well, we're picking this guy up at the train station. So we get to the train station, and we're waitin for the guy. Now I'm carrying the weed in one of those carry-on bags, and I gotta take a piss. So I tell the connection I'll be right back, I'm goin' to the little boys room. So I walk into the men's room, and who's standing there? Six Los Angeles County Sheriffs and a German Shepherd.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Stroop There It Is posted:

if there's one thing that describes trans people, it's that we love talking loudly about things involving our genitals in public!! what is this "diss-for-ee-ah" thing?

also lol at the token ftm, the outrage at the supposedly expanding mob of trannies CUTTING IN LINE!, and that they were some how both chatting in a positive way about sex and giving off "a sense of rage" at the same time

yeah, i can just picture it now, a loud mob of angry transgendereds in the texas suburbs acting like they own the place. of course she asked her teenage son if he needed to go to the bathroom and he didn't feel comfortable, because of course. also "i've got gay and lesbian friends- and a bi friend!- and they're so much more respectable!" fuuuuuuuuck you

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

Even a lot of the comments, some of which were by people who otherwise liked this author, were talking about how obviously fabricated and implausible the story is.

I made some comment saying how the only way this story would be remotely plausible is if instead of Captain America they were going to see a late night showing of The Rocky Horror Picture Show and instead of transgender people there were just a bunch of cross-dressers. I mean, it would still obviously be fake, but at least not as dramatically so as the story in its present state. This other article making of this apparently thought the same thing I did: http://www.patheos.com/blogs/slacktivist/2016/05/10/the-rod-d-horror-picture-show/ "None of this would be believable even if she’d made this a story about taking her son to a midnight showing of Rocky Horror in Provincetown."

Someone in the comments mentions a lynching in Waco and somehow ties that into people not standing up to trans people. I think they're confused about which side of the lynch mob they would've been on.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

What happened to just seeing kids and thinking "aww they make a cute couple" and now we have to refer it as shipping.

loving internet.

It's shorthand. Ship these children far the gently caress away from their creepy neighbor.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

bringmyfishback posted:

but Macaulay Culkin dies at the end! :smith:

Yeah, I was like "this sounds like someone trying to remember the plot of My Girl."

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Bremma posted:

"What? You're my girl and you won't give me any sugar?"

That boy was a type 1 diabetic. Shortly after this, his blood sugar crashed, and he fell and struck his head on the ground. He never woke up. Don't be Johnny, learn to recognize the signs of juvenile diabetes.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Verisimilidude posted:

there are no open seats

Verisimilidude posted:

So I go to the next seat

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

What is the redpill relationship boogeyman?

Was going to post "women," then was going to post "beaten," then got sad.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I forgot which thread I was in when that got posted but I think it's in the right place now.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Most bears I know aren't closeted to begin with. They're quite happy with who they are; they dance and sing and smell of leather and Old Spice. And they jingle when they walk.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

This troper's mother has basically lived one long Crowning Moment of Awesome. Currently, she's an accountant, and is easily one of, if not THE best, in Florida, and has literally made and destroyed companies simply by joining and leaving (though she refuses to be a boss due to her desire to just go home and relax when the whole place starts collapsing, as she knows she can get another job instantly). She did a dual-enrollment with UCF and Oxford at the same time she was doing the accounting for Canadian rock band Glass Tiger and dating their guitarist. She followed them on their tours and even got help from Slash himself on a history paper.

This troper's mother has been the accountant for several businesses that failed. Things start getting rough and she refuses to put in overtime, just comes home and turns her phone off. Dad got really angry once when she turned down a promotion and he ended up leaving. For a while she was dating a guitarist. We moved around a lot. :smith:

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I was ready to yell "you can't catch a Vaporeon, you have to evolve it" and then it was a fakepost. :(

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

It seems like half of these are "teenage kids did regular teenage kid things to me and since I'm still in 10th grade I am still broken by this" and the other half are "I'm involved in musical theatre, cue insanity."

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I think "marshals" guy doesn't know what a HOA is.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

I was going to post "urban means black" last night but closed the window and shrugged. Happy to dogpile NS now, though.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Thank you. When I see that Khazar-khum posted, I'm like, "this will be genuinely stupid and pointless."

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Realized I might have phrased that poorly, I applaud your efforts to bring me stupid and pointless stories from other people to laugh at. A++ would read again.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

superjohnlock

e: ok whoops i gave her too much credit and assumed she misspelled "john locke" but she's referring to watson/holmes slash

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Not knowing what's going on with (whatever) sport is about as unforgivable as not knowing what's going on with Dancing With The Stars. People have different hobbies. It's OK if your go-to topic of discussion doesn't work with everyone.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

WrenP-Complete posted:

I googled "object underwear" and TV tropes was the first hit. It means holding an object against your body to cover yourself. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HandOrObjectUnderwear

This is dumb as if you have underwear and pants, why are you holding them against your body instead of wearing them? On the other hand, this poo poo didn't happen.

Googled "Ugandan discussion" and apparently that means sex; so the guy had sex (multiple layers of STDH) and walked past his roommate naked and postcoital holding up the clean clothing he was going to change into after a shower. Once you decode the troper-speak it always gets creepier.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

From a stupid clickbait article that lifted from askreddit:

quote:

I don't work at McDonalds, but once I was there waiting for my friend to get off work. He was arguing with a drunk guy who was demanding 200 chicken mcnuggets. They ended up selling him the 200 nuggets, when he proved he had the money. He proceeded to run outside and throw them at people screaming "YOU GET A NUGGET! AND YOU! EVERYONE GETS NUGGETS!"

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

The same backpack actualy beat Boston airport security, because after coming back from England, this troper spent 10 minutes trying to take all the books he had bought overseas and didn't want to ship back(they totaled soemthing like 250, with 70 of those coming back with me directly). Eventualy, after 30 books, the bag checker gave up and handed me back the backpack, saying (I Am Not Making This Up) "Congradulations kid, you beat the U.S. Goverment. Now get the #$%^ out of here."

Because airlines have no weight limits on carry on or luggage. Given that commuter air travel is one of the most expensive forms of travel it probably would've been cheaper to, you know, ship them. (If this had actually happened.)

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

(paragraphs of detail)
died of a tumour or something

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

dordreff posted:

The idea of just going to town on a whole raw cucumber is genuinely more disturbing to me than the masturbation option.

They're buttered.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

if you're cool like you, you eat cucumbers after you eat someone greasy/spicy to clear your palate.

i try to avoid greasy/spicy partners

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Khazar-khum posted:

In an attempt to avoid actually giving the speech, this Troper forced his sister into a reluctant state of Nunnery. Partly because nobody else in the family will give the speech and if she brought a boyfriend to a family gathering he'd never, ever want to come within three states of us ever again. For example: A cousin of my father brought her (then new) boyfriend to Thanksgiving, and my drunk uncle went up to him and went "I bet you'd taste good with barbecue sauce." Needless to say my grandmother has threatened us with death if we pick on the poor man again... that is until last Thanksgiving when he didn't even say "hi" to my grandmother. I made the suggestion we get a giant sign that says "We love Al!" In front of the house and my uncle made the official game that we have to reference barbecue sauce as much as possible around him. This Easter's gonna be fun~

Haha. Troper witnesses his drunk uncle hitting on someone's boyfriend and completely misunderstands.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

(sees an (i believe) muslim woman) SUP KEESHA

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

troper thinking harder than he's ever thought about anything before in his life: Sex is like... Taking A Level In Badass

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

poo poo that did happen: helped a lady push her stalled car off the road and she wrote me a voucher for a free meal at the cafe she managed. Stopped in and they wouldn't honor it. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Sisal Two-Step posted:

idgi either but these stories are always weirdly popular among the tumblr/imgur crews.

another from tumblr:

i'm working in three labs on my phd and writing on five phones sorry about my formatting.

Plenty of people apply for college their junior year. I would think someone in grad school would be aware of this.