Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I expect some imaginative people had been told by perceptive friends or family that "your eyes sometimes look one colour and sometimes another". Because they can't see their own eyes, and because they have more imagination than is sensible, they end up thinking of something that sounds much more dramatic than it actually is.

In reality, of course, the idea that "colours look different depending on light and shade" is scarcely a bold new concept. Certainly not if the colour is a difficult in-between sort of shade, as many people's eyes are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Paladinus posted:

Reads like a 4chan troll, to be honest. Two gay men adopt a tumblr child and are seen as oppressors by her. It's just too much.

Most of these Tumblr posts everyone points to to say "look how awful this tiny minority group is!" are trolls by people trying to make that group look bad. I saw another post on Tumblr once where someone was saying that people shouldn't use gendered pronouns to refer to their pets because they don't know their pet's gender identity. I mean, that seems obviously something a troll would say to make trans activism look ridiculous, but it still had replies that seemed to take it seriously.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Number nine doesn't sound like the sort of thing a god would say. I feel a god would probably be more in the camp of "humans are exactly as ridiculous as they have always been".

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I feel, if one had a sword and was in dire need of money, they'd sell the weapon before begging on the street. Or attack people and steal their stuff, of course. I'm no expert, but I can only conclude that the ridiculous thing is worth nothing and of no practical use. So not really awesome enough to warrant that facial expression.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Well, yes, I expect none of it actually did happen. Just saying, if a homeless person did give you a sword for nothing, it probably wouldn't be worth getting excited about, and all those other Tumblr people haven't thought about it very hard. Or they have, but they don't have the heart to say "whyever would a homeless person who couldn't afford food give away a perfectly good sword?" so they pretend it's awesome, and the cycle of poo poo not happening continues.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

If any strange man said something so ridiculous to me in the street, I would probably be anxious for a long time afterwards. I suspect this was imagined by a man who is confused as to why complete strangers wouldn't want to hear personal comments on their appearance.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Movie depression is always more glamorous and artistic than the real thing. The real thing is very dreary and not photogenic at all.

And then there's movie schizophrenia, which schizophrenics are better qualified to complain about than me, although I do know that movies barely get that right either (and so a lot of unhappy schizophrenics have to deal not only with their condition, but with people's perceptions of them as violent criminals with voices in their head telling them to KILL)

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

I'm more distressed to imagine that someone on 4Chan might have spawned.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

The good thing about talking about your sinister and magical dreams, or saying "I was walking past an old house and had a vision of myself living in it in a past life" is that there's no way anyone can disprove such a thing. Especially with the dreams, where some might say "that's not real" and the person would reply "I did say it was a dream".

I tend to assume all dream stories are modified, though. None of my dreams are ever so coherent, and by the time I've got up and onto the internet, all I can remember is something like "I was looking for the room, but it wasn't there" which is not much of a Tumblr post on its own.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

Anyway, even if abuse victims did bring up Bernie Sanders in therapy, that doesn't mean they were blaming him for anything. They might have said they'd been too frightened to tell anyone they liked Sanders in 2016 in case it got back to their abuser. I mean, I've mentioned things I like and felt positive about in therapy. In my experience, counsellors like to hear about happy things too, as evidence that perhaps progress is being made.

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

When the trans people have taken everything from you :saddowns:

https://mobile.twitter.com/notcursede/status/1264161656369807360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jollity Farm
Apr 23, 2010

None of the public toilets are open right now, everyone who's out and about has to go in a hedge if they can't hold it in. And those are entirely unisex.