Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

OldTennisCourt posted:

The only thing I could maybe see as weird is asking for her number, that might come across as trying to hit on her, but mostly it looks like a dude trying to strike up a conversation with someone about common interests.

What a nightmare.

Oh I'd say he was DEFINITELY trying to hit on her, I mean... if I strike up a conversation with a cute girl who has a common interest - assuming she's acting receptive, I'd probably ask for her number too. A Pokemon date is still a date. Sounds like dude wasn't picking up on her signals very well, but I have seen plenty of people out playing Pokemon Go who look like they haven't seen the sun in...EVER, so I'm sure socially awkward is kinda par for the course.

She seems to be missing the point that the whole idea of the game is to get outside, possibly meet other people playing, make new friends, etc. Or perhaps she HAS the point and she just doesn't like people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?
I've never really understood all the hate that video generates. As far as I can see they're just nerds nerding out over nerd poo poo. Are they super annoying? of course - but that describes most people around that age. They will like grow out of it (or already have) but due to the miracle of the internet - that video is now the legacy they will leave in the world. As if everyone else didn't do goofball annoying poo poo when they were younger.

That video just seems to hit every point some checklist of annoyance which drives people into a rage.

- Fursonas?
- use of internet speech in actual verbal communication?
- over inflated sense of self-importance? (to make anything fun - add us! we're fun!)

SO glad I'm old enough that the internet wasn't around in my youth. :)

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Big Dick Cheney posted:

I found it. It's the live audience thing AFTER the East/West Collegiate Bowl skit, season 2 episode 2. When they express incredulity at the name D'Brickashaw Ferguson

Were.....were you gonna link a clip or....?

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Paladinus posted:

So it's when people play a Taylor Swift song on acoustic guitar, but change lyrics to be about Captain America?

It's nerd folk music.

If you ever go to DragonCon (and you SHOULD because it's a blast), you will encounter it regularly.

Some of it is popular songs reworked like you said, but most of it is original and indistinguishable from folk music aside from the lyrics, which are about sci-fi, D&D, movies and other Nerd poo poo(tm).

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

Zelder posted:

These are contradictory statements!!

I mean - there are Filk shows you can attend if you like. Not that people are walking around with a guitar belting out nerd versions of Wonderwall.

Let the nerds nerd, man.

The rest of DragonCon is drinking like crazy and hanging out with people in costumes n poo poo.