Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Spacious, painted, and they select the Pope in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I guarantee you somewhere in the world there's a buried cuneiform tablet containing hardcore Gilgamesh/Enkidu action.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

It's the two different Sonic avatars that make it feel so plausible.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Christo posted:

A year or two ago some kid pretended to have leukemia so that his favorite youtuber would do a Let's Play of his Mario World romhack.
Years ago on a webcomic forum this one guy made his own comic site and forum and a few members followed him there. A spin off, not a split. One day someone got his login info, or I guess it could have been him, and posted on the front page that he was the guy's cousin or something, and the guy had died. Everyone was pretty sad about it until it got cleared up a few days later. Okay, file under internet poo poo. A few weeks later one of his regulars, he called himself Blackthorn or some other mid-2000s forum thing, made a thread back on the old, bigger forum. Hey, this is Blackthorn's cousin, and, well, no easy way to say this, he died. Yep, he's dead. All be very sad now plz.

Pretty much the entire population of the new site had come from the big forum, including a mod. I still wonder how he expected that to turn out.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Is there a heartwarming stories thread anywhere?
Not by name, but traditionally: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3769444