Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:

Marenghi posted:

I could totally see some guy being creepy enough to do that. Especially someone she met online.
... So you think it's believable that a woman would agree to it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

chitoryu12 posted:

I can actually believe this one. The storyteller just keeps saying the same awkward phrase over and over while shoving their head next to a blowjob in action, the management can't do anything about it.
It's not a BJ, they're supposedly boning down, which is considerably less believable

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

if there's one thing that describes trans people, it's that we love talking loudly about things involving our genitals in public!! what is this "diss-for-ee-ah" thing?

also lol at the token ftm, the outrage at the supposedly expanding mob of trannies CUTTING IN LINE!, and that they were some how both chatting in a positive way about sex and giving off "a sense of rage" at the same time

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Elfgames posted:

Excuse my inferior male brain but isn't the simple answer "He thinks you're as dumb as you're pretending to be."? Like if you act dumb people are going to think you are dumb.
It's more that the dude starts with the assumption that she doesn't understand the very simple thing because she's female, not because she showed any indication that she didn't understand it. This is a thing women encounter all the time.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

sinburger posted:

Pretty sure the guy is being sarcastic and is 100% aware of what he is doing.
What do you mean?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

Dickus Episode V
This... this is the most made-up thing in this thread. :cripes:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

This guy has zero understanding of or empathy for what birthing another human being and raising a young child can do, regardless of whether this happened. He thinks she's going to feel back to normal and want to have sex immediately after the baby is born? Not only does she need to recover physically from shoving an entire little human through her vagina, having a baby can really gently caress with how a woman feels about her body sexually for a long time, especially if she doesn't have a partner who is capable of listening, being understanding, and taking it slow. Even aside from that, taking care of an infant or young child (alone, too, it sounds like) is incredibly exhausting and not conducive to feeling up for sex. This is one of the few periods in life where you just have to man up and accept that you are going to feel very sexually frustrated for a while, unless you clear getting your needs met elsewhere with her and she's definitely fine with it. What is with these dudes and being as manipulative, controlling, and selfish as they claim all women are?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

My bad, didn't know that was a thing. Uh, I guess some people got upset, or, as often happens, someone got upset on their behalf:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2015/07/20/pride-event-bans-drag-queens-in-case-they-are-offensive/
That was a single event and very much is the exception, not the rule. It's a complicated issue. There have been a lot of conflicts between the drag community and the trans community over the reclaiming of words like "tranny" and "shemale"--whether drag queens, who have always been called the same derogatory words as trans women, have the right to refer to themselves (NOT trans people) with those words. The vast majority of trans people don't have a problem with drag itself (and in fact, the drag and trans communities have up until very recently had a LOT of overlap; there are still many trans women who begin to explore their identities through drag, and if you think drag is mocking of cis or trans women, PM me and I'll give you a lecture). Trans people tend to have more mixed opinions about whether cis gay men have the right to reclaim slurs that were directed at them due to bigots conflating drag queens and crossdressers and trans women. A bunch of cis gay men have reacted poorly to what they perceive as word policing from people, especially allies, who are ignorant of the history and meaning of drag (which certainly has happened, though I wouldn't say it's the majority of trans people opposed to drag queens using those words), which has exacerbated the conflict.

Also as a bisexual person with an opposite-sex (though not gender) partner, there is plenty of bullshit bi people face in both the straight and gay communities, but that stupid Picard meme didn't happen. No one gives a gently caress if straight people come to Pride, there are tons of them there (including straight trans people, who are certainly under the LGBT umbrella!). That poo poo only happens online, like others have said.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

curious lump posted:

No one gives a gently caress, and no one gives a gently caress about transsexuals. Here's some poo poo that didn't happen: someone cared. Shut the gently caress up.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
:laffo:

Furia posted:

I need something to read so sure, but I don't have pm's since I am a filthy poor so uhhhh... Can you hook me up nonetheless? I always like to know more about everything.

I'm also interested in figuring out how it works out when everyone has a different goal and the goals contradict each other. I mean, I'm sure with time things will be figured out but I'm interested.

Captain Monkey posted:

I'd actually like to read your thoughts on drag and cis/trans women, I have very little experience with drag outside of the media and it sounds interesting. I have pms, but I'm sure the thread could also support a little derail.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

One of the things I enjoy about PYF is the educational derails that form from some posts, I'd like to hear more too.
In the interest of not derailing the thread too badly with a wall of text, here's a link to something I've posted about this before.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfelqZpapZA
Also that was definitely written by a dude with zero understanding of what women are expected to do to "get ready" daily, let alone for a special occasion

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

Flowers
Friends
uuuugh I got horrible flashbacks to high school from these two... being the only person in a gaming group with XX chromosomes was not all fun and games, let me tell you.

Plus, these are the same guys who do this bullshit and then turn around and call women manipulative bitches.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I too am regularly harassed on the street for being a ginger, truly the most oppressed of minorities.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Khazar-khum posted:

Woman

quote:

I later met her irl and she certainly looked, moved and most importantly smelled like a woman
:stare: jesus christ tropers

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

My professor is a gay savage, not that there's anything wrong with that.
I didn't know Dan had a teaching gig

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

hyperhazard posted:

Pretty much, yeah.

hyperhazard
Poster
STDH Thread
Post Your Favorite
The Something Awful Forums
SomethingAwful.com

Confidentiality Notice: This post and its attachments (if any) contain confidential information of the poster. The information is intended only for the use by the thread readers and the original poster of this post. If you are not an intended reader of the original post (or responsible for delivering the message to such person), you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or the taking of any action in reliance of the contents of this post is strictly prohibited. If you have received this post in error, please immediately notify Lowtax at the address shown herein and permanently delete any copies of this post (digital or paper) in your possession.
Tbf, the institution adds that last part to our emails (we can't remove it). :colbert:

Best,
Stroop

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

well both concepts had terrible movies
How dare you, The Santa Clause was a masterpiece inspiring a generation of inflation fetishists

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

baquerd posted:

Well, that's pretty obtuse to assume that urban means black.
You're not American, are you.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

someone please teach this robot about institutional racism

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

cool HIPAA violation

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

rchandra posted:

Is this really the case with no identifying information? "I have a sick patient" or "I have a patient with a glowing green appendix".

That sort of thing seems common enough among doctors I know here, but something like "I treated the Winnie the Pooh-bah when he had heart trouble" waited until after Winnie had already publicly praised him for it.
He didn't directly mention her dropping any PHI but it's super lovely to talk about your patients in public, and if you provide enough info that the patient could ostensibly be identified (even without direct PHI) I think that's a violation. I was talking about the implied conversation, not the actual imgur post.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

People use it trivially just like they use ADHD or OCD.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

didn't know forums poster Noyemi posts on Imgur :iamafag:

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Instant Jellyfish posted:

Seen on facebook, a new twist on an old classic.

for some reason the "which is you" pisses me off the most

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Bullshit, Russell Crowe's version is the only one this would be accurate for and that one doesn't count.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

socalled posted:

Not to start a derail, but if you're not attracted to someone anymore, you're not obligated to continue to be their romantic/sexual partner. I'm a lesbian. I am not attracted to men. If I were dating someone who came out as a trans man, that would be the end of the relationship. I would be supportive as a friend, but not as a girlfriend. It's not a lack of open-mindedness to not be attracted to a particular gender. That's kind of a crucial part of my identity.
Also don't want a derail, but I feel like I need to say that from my perspective, this is totally fine and often the best outcome for both people in this kind of scenario. Staying in a relationship where your--and their--needs can't be met only leads to resentment and heartbreak. Some people are more flexible in their sexual identity and who they're attracted to, and some people are less, and that's okay. Sexual orientation is no more voluntarily changeable than gender identity. Yes, there are plenty of cases where the partner is transphobic and that's why they refuse to try making it work, but it's totally clear that that isn't the case for you. I personally know that sometimes it can work with a partner who initially feels similarly to how you do, but that doesn't mean that anyone is obligated to stay in any relationship.

Anyway, I can personally believe that particular story. It can be a lot more complicated than the partner not really believing in the trans person's identity, and it is perfectly believable to me that his friends might misinterpret his rejection as transphobia or that the breakup was worse than he described and they're actually mad about that.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Ahh, good ol' "I'm gay but I'm not a fag", much like "I'm black but I'm not a n-word"

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

kimbo305 posted:

What did ace mean here?..... asexual?
Yep

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I showed my family this and The Sexy Getting Ready Song to see if they'd like Crazy Ex, and they immediately started binging it. :D

Garrand posted:

I don't remember really learning a lot about the holocaust in middle school. I think there was some general overviews about it and WWII but we certainly didn't learn the specifics about kristallnacht or really any details about the actual exterminations going on. Then again my primary schools all sucked anyway.
I definitely did, but I'm from an area that has many more Jewish people than most!

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

my favorite line is "(I think she picked up on my being genderqueer and instinctively trusted me?)"

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

moerketid posted:

Is this a weird adult baby thing or is it just that horrifically creepy?
por que no los dos?

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

Ein cooler Typ posted:

my kid is so smart

I fuckin did this as a kid for real

e: which then caused me to realize the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus were not real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

I want to know what the "profitable hobby" is.