Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
The clothes you wear can also effect it quite a bit, to say nothing of makeup. I have green eyes, but they look blue-grey when I wear cool-toned things, and almost yellow when I wear bright colors. It also means I look waaay more stoned than I actually am when I smoke, because the green sort of intensifies the red and I end up with Christmas eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My AP English teacher senior year of high school always, without fail, called on me to read anything remotely sexual out loud. Poetry, plays, stories, bits from essays or novels... if it involved boning or human anatomy, I had to read it to the class. When we did Shakespeare, if there was a scene between lovers, he'd take the male role and make me read the female one, though he switched it up so I could do the "beast with two backs" bit from Othello. I definitely noticed it, and so did other people in the class, but I had him tapped to write my letters of recommendation for college, so I never did anything about it. Which probably says unpleasant things about me as well as him, tbh :smith:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

That may be true, but having been a teenage girl, sometimes creepy incompetent flirting is just creepy incompetent flirting. My friends and I definitely liked seeing what we could get away with at that age, even though I don't think any of us would have actually known what to do if someone took the bait.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The big rumor on my college campus was that one of the dorms used to be a mental hospital where all sorts of gruesome experiments had taken place, that workmen had found all sorts of evidence of Satan worship when converting it, that there'd been tons of suicides over the years, blah blah blah. I had friends who were genuinely afraid to walk by them at night, even though it was the quickest way home from the bars.

It was all bullshit, of course. It had been a hospital, but it was more like a retreat for rich people with tuberculosis. No student had ever committed suicide there. Totally wouldn't be surprised to hear that the rumors are still going strong, though. Or that every other college campus has a similar story.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I had a high school friend who lied constantly, but like... benevolently? She had overheard the boy you liked talking about you! That girl you hate embarrassed herself horribly! She'd heard our teacher say you were the best student in the class! None of those things happened, I knew they didn't happen, and I'm pretty sure she knew I knew it didn't happen, but she'd JUST KEEP GOING. It was sort of sweet in a way and it was fun to egg her on to see how far she'd take it (she once made up an entire album by a band we both liked, including song titles and a description of the album art. I couldn't borrow it though, she'd loaned it to her made-up super cool and handsome English boyfriend who went to a private school in the next state, which is why I never met him). And it was always done with complete sincerity, which was pretty impressive for a 14 year old.

Looking back, she was a fun, smart girl, and it's sad she thought she had to do that. Especially not to impress someone like me, who didn't exactly have an overabundance of friends at the time either.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

YeahTubaMike posted:

This does not sound benevolent at all. It sounds like someone trying to trick you into making a jackass out of yourself.

Nah, we both knew I was too chickenshit to actually talk to him. I know it sounds weird, but I think she genuinely did it to make people feel good.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My boyfriend brought the wrong cat home once, thinking ours had escaped. The mystery cat was shockingly alright with the whole thing, from being carried like a baby for half a block to being greeted at the door by our actual cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Choco1980 posted:

So what you're saying is you now have two identical cats? :3:

Sadly, there was no cat wedding :smith: