Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
So, I had cancer a few years ago, and my wife's family (not her or most of her siblings) is SUPER into healing through prayer etc and to this day claim that it was their prayers that healed me and not the chemo and the doctors. Fair enough, they're amazing, charitable people and we get along fine otherwise. I make my views on Healing clear, and they accept that too, even if they do keep trying to show me and the wife evidence of healings so we can see the light.

On that note, my mother in lawsent me this: http://www.thegreaternews.com/blog/4/22/2016/cancer-gone-after-prayer-at-azusa-now-photographic-evidence-from-doctor as evidence of total cancer healing. Now, I'm not a medical professional, but I'm pretty sure someone just went to town on that first picture in Paint or something and roughly coloured over both kidneys, and what looks like most of the heart and various organs in black? And the scan was allegedly taken in summer 2015 so its a long time to live with that massive amount of tumours!

I'm not looking for a massive rebuttal to throw in my mother in law's face -although an explanation of what I'm actually looking at would be interesting- but I figured it'd be interesting for you guys in this thread. Anyone who's even peripherally involved with someone in evangelical christian circles will have heard stories like this a million times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

chitoryu12 posted:

I had a short-lived friend in the neighborhood back in middle school or 9th grade (can't remember how long he lasted).

What killed him? Was it you?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Whats different in the Shrek version? If it is different enough, why would ANYONE know that version by heart instead of the extremely well known original?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

But...should you give tips?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Zipperelli. posted:

Personally, I was a fan of blue and red colored pencils, and using 3d glasses. You can technically get 2x the amount of info on the card, using the respective blue and red lens to read each color.

Give me your lunch money

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

It's always Harry potter

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Why does everyone have green eyes. Ive never met anyone with them

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

This discussion me think of this pearl

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Also you can sync calendars between phones when you switch?

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

Pretend i posted one of those articles about scandinavians being arrested on holiday in the US for letting their babies nap outside in the cold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

That kid.. is inhuman