Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

ghost emoji posted:

She at this time had a 420lb back squat,

nice.

I hear you guys like Overwatch?

a 24 y.o. on tumblr dot com posted:

Let me tell you something.
I don’t care if people saw me looking at Jack eating Gabriel’s rear end in public.
I’m dead inside.
Reaper76 has killed me.
I don’t care anymore.
The lady next to me just stared at my phone with me.
She was like a Latina lady in her 40’s ish mah dudes.
We looked at Reaper76 together.
It was a long as gently caress awkward silence as I keep scrolling through the Reaper 76 tag until she finally talked to me.
I really expected her to call me out on it, but instead she asked.
“What show is that? Is he Latino?”
Like poo poo guys I didn’t expect her to be so casual.
“It’s from a game called Overwatch and yeah, he’s Latino, his name is Gabriel Reyes.”
Then she was just nodding to herself, now I started to care. I started to get nervous, guys I didn’t expect her to talk to me and be so casual about it.
Then she said, “A Latino in video game? And he’s gay? That’s even better, what game was it you said? Overwatch? I should get that for my nephew.”
I’m freaking out!?!?!?!?!??! I DIDN’T HAVE THE GUTS TO TELL HER THAT THE ART ISN’T CANNON. SO I JUST NODDED.
Then she told me how her nephew just came out to her family about being gay and he loved video games and IT’S HIS BIRTHDAY AND SHE WAS HERE AT THE MALL TO BUY HIM A GIFT.
GUYS I DIDN’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY.
She then thanked me and left towards the game stop. GUYS. GUYS.
REPRESENTATION IS IMPORTANT.
REAPER 76 IS DOING GOD’S WORK.
GUYS. GUYS. I’M FREAKING OUT.
GUYS. THIS LADY THINKS REAPER 76 IS CANNON.
GUYS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

a hero on /r/pettyrevenge posted:

I was standing in the ice cream aisle holding a six pack of beer and one of cider, and a couple bags of chips, trying to decide if I wanted to bring ice cream sandwiches or maybe some jerky for game night. I had just gotten off from my other job so I was wearing black slacks, a white dress shirt and a black tie, with a very obvious pin showing where I worked.

I hear a slightly condescending “Excuuuse me.” from the side of me. Looking over I see a slightly overweight middle aged woman with one of those ‘I’d like to speak to your manager haircuts’.

I step back a few steps to let her pass and go back to my internal debate. After a few seconds she hasn’t moved and I hear the most obnoxious, entitled, “HELLLOOOOOOOOO, Earth to jackass!!!”

I look at her and she says with extreme impatience dripping with venom, “The lines are way too loving long, you need to ring me up, I know you’ve got a free register in the back somewhere. I have things to do, ring me up NOW!”

I don’t work here, but you know what, I worked retail technical support at the time and I had a really lovely day, dealing with people exactly like her… “Oh, I’m so SO sorry ma'am, I thought you were just trying to get by.” Reaches into cabinet and grabs a thing of mint skinny cow ice cream sandwiches(Not on a diet, but those things are drat good.)

Let me just get these ice cream sandwiches to the disabled lady up front waiting for me and I’ll ring up you up over there in the home & decor section.“ Points to farthest corner of the store where no reps go and no registers are "Again I’m so sorry, I will even hand these return items off to another associate to put away and I will be RIGHT over!”

“Well, fine. Please be quick, I have poo poo to do you know.” and she walks away.

I took my items up front to check out, waited all of 3 minutes in line and then went on my merry way. It’s amazing that some people just assume a random bystander is the person that can help them and then treats them like poo poo without even knowing who they are. gently caress that lady and people like her.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Update, the mod told me he deleted my post because i insulted another member.

When I pressed the mod about what the insult was, he said I called the OP a racist, and said I was a loser and I should get over it.

I told him to do his job and moderate the forum, and now I'm banned. Everyone in the thread is cheering it on. This is Trump's America.

you invaded their safe space.

i found this on tumblr

quote:

k so story time:

i went to the local shakespeare festival (and by local, i mean on the other end of the state) and during the day i convinced my mother to go hiking with me because we were in the center of like four national parks

so we end up hiking this trail that sort of jack-knifes down the mountain and I end up climbing partway up a tree on the edge of the trail to see further out, so my smartass mother asks “legolas, what do your elf eyes see?”

and i, in my smarmy glory, go “they’re taking the hobbits to isengard!”

which is funny enough as is, but then the entire mountainside of hikers hidden in the trees goes “THEY’RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD-GARD-GARD-GARD-GARD! THE HOBBITS, THE HOBBITS, THE HOBBITS, THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD, TO ISENGARD!”

and that’s how an entire hiking trail of people who never actually saw one another convinced my mother i’m some sort of meme-summoning mountain troll

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Something has to be seriously wrong with the people who write those "I said a popular culture reference and people got it" stdhs. It's just the lamest possible story, and that one is made even worse because it's not a reference to the movie, it's a reference to some youtube video.

Also the person has clearly never been hiking. Some of them do get crowded but they made it out like there were double digits worth of people within earshot which seems pretty unlikely.
idgi either but these stories are always weirdly popular among the tumblr/imgur crews.

another from tumblr:

i'm working in three labs on my phd and writing on five phones sorry about my formatting.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

tumblr continues to deliver

black people aren't so scary after all~

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

the latest disney movie looks bad

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm unironically pleased that stdh sparked crow/corvid chat. did you know that ravens have displayed problem solving skills? ravens like to tease other animals b/c they get bored. sometimes they collude with wolves by guiding them to a fresh kill (ravens are scavengers but their beaks/talons aren't sharp enough to pierce fresh flesh, but after a wolf has torn into the body they can go hogwild).

e you guys ever hear about the raven with an asbo?

a bad bird posted:

“It started to be a problem when people were taking photos of her,” said Igraine Hustwitt Skelton, Her Majesty’s Keeper of Castle Ravens in Knaresborough. “She would fly towards them and sit on their shoulders but then she started taking things. Now she’s taken to nicking cameras and mobile phones and using her beak to take selfies.”

Sisal Two-Step has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Jun 10, 2017

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

maybe gently caress abelism?

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

epic thread:

[reasonable/realistic situation]+[woke ally]+[ridiculous escalation]=stdh.txt

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Where are all these adorable singing grandmas coming from? :psyduck:

japan and germany. it's like you didn't even read that epic tweet storm

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

how come he could hear the teacher ask why he wasn't responding when he couldn't hear anything before that though

tell me more about the females with the large breasts

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i always wondered what it would be like when my generation started having kids and its worse than i could ever imagine.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Catberry posted:

Did we ever get around to starting that thread about "I'm part of said group and I don't like what they do"?

Usually it's a black person denouncing BLM with standard reddit talking points or a woman denouncing feminism because woman already have all the same rights.

you're not invited to pride, square.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

fuckin... nice one m8. ledge.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

wouldn't it be funny if...... people you expected to behave a certain way.... behave another, opposite way??

at least it's not another story about a stereotypical 'scary' definitely not a black guy loving pokemon or animal crossing or whatever.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

sweeperbravo posted:

She is a girl, like my sister.

go on...

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

did this happen? maybe. i will leave it to the thread to decide.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

it did, thank you.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

things that happened: i found a really cute pair of anne taylor pants at the value village last week. they were petites and fit perfectly.

things that didn't happen:

"get a poop nicely"

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

good stuff op. what else you got.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

if it happened, they were making fun of you

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

kids are dumb as hell

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

"oh no she did not"

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

this starts reasonably enough and then dovetails straight to stdh.txt town.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Not he offered, but that was the bet.

I kinda wish this one had happened, tho

there was probably a grain of truth to it. i bet there was a guy being loud and lovely about #metoo at the op's work, but the rest was pure stdh.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

my fellow student, spider-man,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

hyperhazard posted:

I'm the kid who can boulder a new 100ft route in less time than it takes an elevator to go up 4 floors.

oh you mean my wife :smug: