Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

strap on revenge posted:

it wasn't even a horrible tattoo :psyduck:

It wasn't great but it was infinitely better than burn victim bat-scar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

synthetik
Feb 28, 2007

I forgive you, Will. Will you forgive me?
What the gently caress did she use? I'm getting 'black salve on the nose' flashbacks

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle
It was one of many bullshit products that you tattoo into the existing tattoo. I have a friend that had some words on her stomach that she hated, and she tried this (after many attempts from me trying to steer her towards laser instead). She now has the exact same letters, but as scars. If she had even done one session of laser removal, we could have at least covered it up.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

ToastFaceKillah posted:

It was one of many bullshit products that you tattoo into the existing tattoo. I have a friend that had some words on her stomach that she hated, and she tried this (after many attempts from me trying to steer her towards laser instead). She now has the exact same letters, but as scars. If she had even done one session of laser removal, we could have at least covered it up.

How do you not google the snakeoil you are going to use and if there are any pictures of terrible scars run the gently caress away?

This is people who are trying to fix a permanent problem they did to themselves too, you'd hope they think it though this time...

Was it the price of laser? Or some essential oil, doctors are bad, lets rub cannabis on it mentality?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

ToastFaceKillah posted:

How is this a thing? Can you link one of the products? Like, how can anyone in their right mind think injecting stuff into a tattoo will remove it...? How could anyone think that's a good product to market? :psyduck:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

Johnny Truant posted:

How could anyone think that's a good product to market? :psyduck:

The answer to this one is easy. Give no fucks, make outrageous promises, dodge any legal responsibility, collect money.

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tattoos that you can hear!

http://wtop.com/tech/2017/05/listen-new-app-plays-audio-tattoos/

Here’s how it works: Using a still-in-the-works app or online, a person who wants a sound wave tattoo will upload a recorded sound or video to the Skin Motion platform.

“Any way you can provide the data, we’ll be able to turn it into a sound wave, and give it to you, so it can be tattooed by one of our artists in the artists network,” said Siggard.

“Some limitations are it has to be flat, and not bend around some body parts.”

After receiving the tattoo, the owner will take another picture of it with the app, “and within a few hours it’ll be able to play back, with the app.”

Asked how long the audio files can be, Siggard said “Right now we’re thinking they’re going to limited to a minute, but that’s an arbitrary number that could change.”

Since he’s hustling to get ready for launch, as video of the concept is spiking interest, and gathering a network of tattoo artists who can execute the sound waves, Siggard isn’t sure what the tattoos will cost.

“We don’t have that figured out yet,” he laughs. “I’m halfway to figuring out the cost of the tattoo will be just to service it.”

This chick got hers of her dog yipping (to go with her other tattoo of the same dog, she really loves that dog):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVsXARjQc_w#action=share

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

cinni posted:

Tattoos that you can hear!

http://wtop.com/tech/2017/05/listen-new-app-plays-audio-tattoos/

Here’s how it works: Using a still-in-the-works app or online, a person who wants a sound wave tattoo will upload a recorded sound or video to the Skin Motion platform.

“Any way you can provide the data, we’ll be able to turn it into a sound wave, and give it to you, so it can be tattooed by one of our artists in the artists network,” said Siggard.

“Some limitations are it has to be flat, and not bend around some body parts.”

After receiving the tattoo, the owner will take another picture of it with the app, “and within a few hours it’ll be able to play back, with the app.”

Asked how long the audio files can be, Siggard said “Right now we’re thinking they’re going to limited to a minute, but that’s an arbitrary number that could change.”

Since he’s hustling to get ready for launch, as video of the concept is spiking interest, and gathering a network of tattoo artists who can execute the sound waves, Siggard isn’t sure what the tattoos will cost.

“We don’t have that figured out yet,” he laughs. “I’m halfway to figuring out the cost of the tattoo will be just to service it.”

This chick got hers of her dog yipping (to go with her other tattoo of the same dog, she really loves that dog):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVsXARjQc_w#action=share

drat, beat me to it! I've seen this poo poo pop up like three or four times on my FB feed so far.

"Look, I got a tattoo of my dog's bark!"

gently caress off.

Can't wait for people to start getting them and when played back it's like "HAIL SATAN"

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.
So it's basically just a QR code that tells the app to play a prerecorded sound? So when their servers inevitably go offline in a few years it won't play anymore, but it will cost way more than just getting a tattoo of a sound wave? K...

ZombieJesus
Feb 26, 2005

He died for your sins, he rose for your BRAINS

Chitin posted:

So it's basically just a QR code that tells the app to play a prerecorded sound? So when their servers inevitably go offline in a few years it won't play anymore, but it will cost way more than just getting a tattoo of a sound wave? K...

And it takes several hours for the app to process it!

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
I think they mean "several hours after you finish getting tattoo'd it's ready to be scanned" not "take several hours for it to scan and playback"

cinni
Oct 17, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It would be interesting if a serial killer tattooed messages through this on his victims bodies for the police to find and listen to, but other than that it seems pretty lame.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

That's on season 3 of SVU, right?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I was going to say "good luck finding shops that will be willing to be partners with this garbage", but then again I know of a tattoo shop that's in a mall here in CT.

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

IUG posted:

I was going to say "good luck finding shops that will be willing to be partners with this garbage", but then again I know of a tattoo shop that's in a mall here in CT.

Oh, Generation X, a mall staple :rolleyes:

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

The way ink spreads as time passes, I don't think the tattoo would even work with the app after about a year. What a waste.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I doubt that. I'd imagine it's scanning the waveform area and using some fuzzy logic to match it to the corresponding waveform on their servers then playing it back. If it was recreating the sound from the image, but there's no way in hell the tattoo would be detailed enough or your camera high-res enough to do that.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

whypick1 posted:

I doubt that. I'd imagine it's scanning the waveform area and using some fuzzy logic to match it to the corresponding waveform on their servers then playing it back. If it was recreating the sound from the image, but there's no way in hell the tattoo would be detailed enough or your camera high-res enough to do that.

Yea, it's definitely something like a QR code that just happens to look (vaguely) like a sound wave.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

After this service dies, you're still stuck with the lovely tattoo (since I imagine no good shop would sign up for this).

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Bees on Wheat posted:

shrinky dinks

:eyepop:

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Legit owns.

Although this is the tasteless tattoo thread, not the bad tattoo thread, so I guess it fits.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I'M FLYIN' OVER YOUUUUUUUUU, GOODBYE HORSES

drat I just watched a late night screening of Silence of the Lambs the other day too. A++ for including nipple ring. Minus ten points for lacking Precious.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 23:22 on May 14, 2017

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

rydiafan posted:

Legit owns.

Although this is the tasteless tattoo thread, not the bad tattoo thread, so I guess it fits.

Yeah quality notwithstanding I wouldn't immortalize that scene on my flesh

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

strangemusic posted:

A++ for including nipple ring. Minus ten points for lacking Precious.

Minus 5 points for forgetting the rib cuts tattoo.

Edit: agreeing that quality is solid, but what a sang tattoo to get. Also not crazy about how they did the hair cause buffalo bills hair was nothing like that but eh.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's pretty obvious they were going for "cute, stylized" buffalo bill, not realistic buffalo bill.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Kewpie dolls are all disgusting and I hate them

Blendy
Jun 18, 2007

She thinks I'm a haughty!

Johnny Truant posted:

Kewpie dolls are all disgusting and I hate them

The Kewpie was my highschool mascot and I agree with you.

mediocre dad okay
Jan 9, 2007

The fascist don't like life then he break other's
BEAT BEAT THE FASCIST

Blendy posted:

The Kewpie was my highschool mascot and I agree with you.

For a second I thought that said "Hamas Boy" and I got very confused.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

mediocre dad okay posted:

For a second I thought that said "Hamas Boy" and I got very confused.

Well, I know what I'm getting next

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?
Here ya go: https://instagram.com/p/BUUzlZYDL9r/
For them soundy/heary tattoos

Mandactyl
Jun 1, 2011

A kinder, gentler herpes
Grimey Drawer
One of the local places posted this, usually they do better.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

So many poor life choices in just one image

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

whypick1 posted:

So many poor life choices in just one image

Even the tattoo has bad tattoos... This is meta as gently caress

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Mandactyl posted:

One of the local places posted this, usually they do better.

Oh god, it's that awful one hit wonder band Crazy Town.

Never noticed how :downs: she is.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Hmm not quite a grade 1 pannus, but he's working on it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

At least the missing apostrophes can be added. And points for getting the right "you're". :shrug:

I shudder to think what's above that piece though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/wwedwwe/status/865207846954258433

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

whypick1 posted:

At least the missing apostrophes can be added. And points for getting the right "you're". :shrug:

I shudder to think what's above that piece though.

It's an album cover, and that's how it's written: