Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

When life becomes too painful, sometimes it's better to just become a drunk.

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Those are supposed to be dumplings? I thought they were garlic bulbs.

I was going to ask "why is there a picture of dumplings next to three garlic tattoos?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

I am a member of a Facebook group that's mostly about makeup but people go off topic a lot. And today's off topic post was about tattoos. I saved ~80 tattoos to share, too bad imgur only allows 50 in an album.

Here's the album of my "top" 50 terrible tattoos so far

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

hyperhazard posted:

I honestly can't tell if this is an ambigram or not.

Family Fabluer?

Yup, they said it's family one way and forever the other.

I have a goon friend who I insisted join that group to make fun of posts with me and she said that "family [is] forever" is a Mormon thing and we got wondering if any of the many "family forever" tattoos in that thread knew.

Then we got talking if any of them know how bad their tattoos are and if they can recognize when tattoos are just plain old better.

The thread's since doubled in length and is now over 1k comments, so obviously I've saved some more.

I don't think she knows what the word "vagina" means, but what if she's actually using it 100% accurately?

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

These are all on one person, she has a few others but most are about being "mother to an angel" and that just made me sad.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Since this is the only tattoo thread I'm aware of, I figure this is as good of place as any to ask.

I was getting my back piece colored in and my artist loves to make chit chat and so do I, so I asked her a lot of questions about tattooing. One was if she had ever tattooed a dong. She said no but she had been asked but she turned it down because she wouldn't really know how to do it, as in if it would be hard or soft, or if just only on the shaft because the head's skin is too sensitive/would bleed too much. I'm pretty sure I've seen a picture of at least one tattooed dick.

So, my question is does anyone know the ins and outs of tattooing a dick? Hard or soft? Any no go zones?

Also I don't remember how it came up, but she told me that she'd had multiple requests to do tattoos with cremated remains and she also turns them down, not only because it's probably against tons of health codes, but because she's just end up wiping most of the ashes off, mixed into the ink, with a paper towel and tossing it in the bin.

I asked my artist what her worst tattoo was and she said a guy wanted a dragon on his dong and she was all excited to do it "until the day of, when it was [her] and a naked guy alone in a room, stretching it all around". She said "never again" to dong tattoos.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Heath posted:

Isn’t that Scrappy’s collar?

You just made me Google "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy collar", because I was curious too. The answer is no, Scrappy’s collar doesn't have letters, it's just a plain diamond.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Anime Reference posted:

The hell is the thing over the P? It looks like a Sonic the Hedgehog boss.

I was all ready to make a stupid joke, but it really does.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

i see you, thread namechange

Why would you wish this upon us :catstare:

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Le Faye Morgaine posted:

Ive always wondered, what does gaining a considerable amount of weight do to a tattoo? Spread out but still identifiable? Does it need to be filled in at some point?

I can't say about a "considerable amount" but I have one tattoo on my inner arm that has stretched slightly. It was a solid color previously and now there are a few spots where there's some little wiggles of skin peeking through. It's distorted some spots slightly, but not too bad. I could probably get it filled in and redone to be more of the circle it used to be, but it's not at the top of my tattoo priority list currently.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Johnny Truant posted:

efb^^ :argh:

Just natural swelling from getting stabbed by a couple hundred needles, tattoos stay raised for awhile after you get them, it depends per person usually. I still have a bit of red in a tattoo I got 10 years ago that's just like permanently raised :shrug:

When the weather is a certain way one of my tattoos gets a bit puffy. Bodies are weird.

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Read After Burning posted:

That artist has popped up in here before (or maybe the other thread?). I think they are SO TALENTED at doing realistic faces...and then they gently caress it all up with their stupid gimmick.

I love vaporwave, glitch art, etc. and even I think a lot of that poo poo just looks fuckin' bad.

Exactly, that artist is mega-talented, so many artist can't even dream of being able to create portraits like him. But I just hate every tattoo I've seen of his, his entire gimmick is just so off-putting to me.

I guess I can't really talk, my tattoos are all stupid and definitely not for everyone, but drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilysespieces
Oct 5, 2009

Scratch Monkey posted:

I thought they were moles until i zoomed in

I have three of the Harry Potter page stars incorporated in a HP tattoo I got a million years ago. They basically turned into moles less than a year after getting it done.