Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Foxhound posted:

It falls under the same category as the swastika in the western world. You could explain for hours how it's a holy symbol because you're hindu or buddist or whatever but everyone's gonna think you're a nazi as soon as they see it anyway so why bother.
I feel like telling people you have Thor's hammer for a tattoo these days will just get you some nerd cred from the Marvel fans and anyone else won't really give a poo poo because they probably don't read too deeply into a lovely tattoo that's pretty incoherent without an explanation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Gonna go with ||||||| but stylized

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Scratch Monkey posted:

The other day I saw a middle aged lady on the subway with a giant upper arm tattoo of cowboy guy from Steven King's Dark Tower. It wasn't very well done. I thought about trying to take a photo but decided not to

Riveting

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Kwyndig posted:

Oh really?

Found on tumblr earlier today.

:iia:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Jesus Christ if you're going to get a foot tattoo go get a pedicure first goddamn

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
I just remembered the tattoo that a guy I know from the army got to memorialize his sister. She killed herself and he wanted to pay tribute to her. I've got no problem with that, because I get where he's coming from and some tattoos are personal things. The problem though, is the placement of the memorial tattoo.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Dude was not a smart guy. He got chaptered out of the army for smoking spice, the synthetic weed that was real popular for whatever reason. He got that back in late 2012 and when my platoon discovered that picture a couple of us asked him why he killed his sister. He got real mad at even the suggestion of such a thing and then blocked those involved. I re-added him as a friend on Facebook today on a whim because I had to show that to some of the other dudes in GiP. He still has the tattoo as far as I can tell, here is a more recent picture of it.

He isn't the sort of person that does any amount of self-reflection. His Facebook feed is depressing as all hell, him sharing his Adam Sandler trivia quiz scores and sharing posts from pages like "Infantry Army" which is just reposts of Turning Point USA, "Dysfunctional Veterans," and any update about any Houston-area sporting team.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Khazar-khum posted:

Or he was a sniper, and he shot her.

He was just a regular grunt. And he was bad at it. He only did a couple of patrols when he joined the platoon late in their deployment. His incessant whining (and trying to quit and be carried the final mile) earned him so much ire that his arm was "accidentally" broken while wrestling in the bay on an off day. He spent the next three or four months of his only deployment as a TOCroach (guy stuck on the radio because he couldn't be otherwise trusted).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Decrepus posted:

Are you Derek Smart

Wut